It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from Brissie, Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
HAHAH wow that is extremely frustrating, i just wrote up an entire 4000 word post to find out the thread name was taken, so i had to click back which in turn deleted the entire thing, i wonder how many people have been turned off as a result, anyway here we go again

I am a 20 year old guy from Australia and i have been on this site for a bit over a year now. I finally decided to join just so i can get involved in some of the many interesting topics that are on this site. I am thankful for the education i have recieved (liberal/private rather than state) as it has allowed me to see passed the outer veil of reality. Thinking about it now maybe this is why the private school's get so much flak in the media, is this part of the agenda? Anyway i am glad that i have at a young age, seen through the outerveil of reality knowing that most people will never consider, let alone want to consider that there are more things at work in this world than meets the eye.

There are a number of things that really irritate me in the world and one of them being people's unwillingness to learn or even consider what might be. It is one thing being a sceptic, but another thing alltogether when people will not even look at some of this information. What makes this so called conspiracy information void...NOTHING. I have been taught to take all sources into account before drawing conclusions. It is the same principle applied to investigative work, all leads must be followed before one can reach a fair conclusion. There are a few things that stand out to me in this world, and these are as follows:

1) The average heart beats 2.5 billion times in a liftetime. How then can anyone claim to know everything when it is physically impossible to even meet a twentieth of the people on this planet. Think of all the experiences we will never hear about...does that make them any less worthy? i do not think so. IMO there has always got to be room for faith which brings me to my next point

2) How can so many die hard believers (espeically the one's that are so adamant we are the only intellegent life in the universe) be so extremely naive. How can they take such a massive leap of faith in scripture alone, and totally ignore the beliefs of others, their own bretheren. I know which leap of faith im more willing to take. In short, society in general thinks it is acceptable to put all one's faith into a scripture, yet when someone who is brave enough to come forward with a story that questions the general acceptance of society, why are they totally ignored. How can someone have more faith in a book, over a real living person. Yes there might be the occasional liar but when they add up in the numbers they do, IMO it seems like lunacy and vicious mistrust. (btw i do believe in a creator of some sort, or a purpose etc)

3) Why is it when i turn on the tv i am greeted by the same old shows..boring talk shows, how to lose weight, are you smarter than a 5th grader. Most of these shows couldnt exist without the 'fake' reality we live in, which IMO is a very potent reminder that all this is generated not with our best interests in mind. I know (and i assume most of you) that i would choose to fill the tv with actual interesting and informative programs that explore the vastness and amazing occurances that occur on this planet and the wider universe. This is one reason why i think the people behind the media have an extreme agenda. I dread to think what other species would think of us, glued to this 2D screen that totally takes away our true perception of reality and world events. Hypocritical of me as i write this? maybe, but in this world this is the only medium in which we can share such open minded ideas.

Anyway i could go into my many beliefs and how i have arrived at them, but i think it is best to just look at things simply. When you do IMO i think it is easy to see to an open minded person that it just doesn't add up. looking forward to conversing with you all

peace

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Yes, simplicity is the good way, or else it's too complicated, and we loose too much vital energy. When we learn something, we cannot believe, we have to know. That why we have to remain objective, and not subjective to new information.
How's the weather in the land down under?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
welcome, fellow brisburnian!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by awakeningaussie

Welcome abord and welcome to AboveTopSecret.com

Explore the site
Have fun
and if you have any questions
feel free to ask. Regards;

The Doo

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Welcome fellow Aussie

Always great to see another fellow country man here

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
thanks for the welcomes tis appreciated, good to see there are some more aussies and brisbanians in particular
, weather here is good atm we are in winter although im sure its tame compared to other places

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
For a 20 yr old, you pack more insight than some people 3 times your age. I share your sentiments exactly.

It is the closed mind that festers and allows mainstream media to dictate whichever which way it chooses to brainwash the populace without question.

Welcome to the cyberspace of free thinking and expression.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

top topics

join