It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitehouse does not know how TARP funds were used

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Whitehouse does not know how TARP funds were used

rawstory.com

During Tuesday’s White House press briefing, Press Secretary Robert Gibbs gave a convoluted answer to a reporter who asked why the hundreds of billions in TARP funds have not been tracked.

“I think that Treasury Department puts out monthly reports on the lending activities from banks,” he began. “Again one of the suggestions was, in some ways being able to follow what might not be, according to us, followable. In other words you have the fungibility of money that is not put in a separate TARP lending account for the deposit and guarantee in Auburn, Alabama, for us to measure the inc
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I don't doubt this for one second. The federal reserve- as we've seen- never wants to answer questions about what they're doing, or, what they've done. They keep everything secret- even from congress. We can diss the Democrats all we want. Yet we know the federal reserve is behind a lot of this mess. They're working in concert with each other, yes. We can however say for sure that with what we know about the federal reserve that they're really in control of what goes on. So what is to be done about this? I say we abolish it. Can we let this go on anymore?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Well this news is disturbing.
I would not however doubt any of it. It does seem like alot of what goes on behind the curtains is carried out by those who appear to be enemy's in front of it.

On a side note, i took a trip to DC to see some of the national landmarks this past weekend. I parked on the street right across from the FED. Well i must say security was pretty tight, they had 5 visible guard constantly walking around, and 3 standing on the stairs of the FED, all in uniform and armed. The funny thing is that this was the only building that had an sort of security around it ( other than the white house). The treasury had no guards around it from what i could see. Perhaps there is nothing to defend.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by phi1618]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I know where it went!
It went into the pockets of already rich and greedy pigs that suck off the hard work of the common middle class citizen.

I cant believe we got scammed like this from our own government officials that were supposed to be looking out for the US citizens that put them in office.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Actually, if you know about what the fed is- you would know that the fed really is just a private institution, and, that the government has no control of it. If the federal reserve was really part of the government, and, if the federal reserve really played its role as a central bank, wouldn't the government know more about it, and wouldn't it be willing to share more information with the government itself? The federal reserve- yes- is part of the new world order. But, of course the Whitehouse doesn't know what happened with the funds. You want to know why that is? It's because the federal reserve essentially controls congress and controls the government. Check out what the President who allowed the creation of the fed has to say about it.

I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world -- no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men.

www.salon.com...

new topics

top topics

join