It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are getting cooked right now by the Sun!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
"We are getting cooked right now by the sun" = "the ozone layer is getting cooked by us"... The sun's not getting any hotter than it was when it first came into existence.. we are simply making things worse for ourselves by damaging the planet. So it's not something we have the right to complain about. But who does the plane and the future generations and our future children have the right to blame? Us.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crying-Lightning
The sun's not getting any hotter than it was when it first came into existence.. we are simply making things worse for ourselves by damaging the planet.

Well, it is a fact that Jupiter, Mars, Pluto, Neptune's Moon, have all been experiencing "global warming" over the last few years...so we humans are not only damaging the planet we live on, but are damaging half the planets in our solar system...

BUT WAIT...are there any cars or factories on said planets? How about any human inhabitants which are releasing that 'oh soooo evil' pollutant CO2 by breathing?

I'm sure that natural gas CO2 which you are emitting right now, is damaging the entire solar system...

If you really think that is true, then all indeed do your part in stopping it, and simply stop breathing....although all that flora and fauna we have here on earth kind of depends on that CO2 which you are exhaling, to survive at all.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm

Originally posted by Crying-Lightning
The sun's not getting any hotter than it was when it first came into existence.. we are simply making things worse for ourselves by damaging the planet.

BUT WAIT...are there any cars or factories on said planets? How about any human inhabitants which are releasing that 'oh soooo evil' pollutant CO2 by breathing?

If you really think that is true, then all indeed do your part in stopping it, and simply stop breathing....although all that flora and fauna we have here on earth kind of depends on that CO2 which you are exhaling, to survive at all.

We're not really contributing to global warming by breathing.. there is this balance people take in the oxygen that plants give and plants take in the carbon dioxide which we give. Besides, if we stopped breathing, then we would die, which means that we would be burried- only to be dug up again far in ther future to ourselves, be burned and used as a fossil fuel, therefore releasing even more carbon dioxide. The point is that we change our living, not stop living. The problem isn't that we exist- human beings should be allowed to exist, but we shouldn't be allowed to damage the planet the way that we are.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Seems like the sun is becoming alittle active. I've been watching this for the last 2 days on Spaceweather.

Sun#1
Sun#2
Sun#3
Sun#4

*Sun#4 is blacked out*

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm

Originally posted by Bachfin

LOL phage is NOT an expert at anything.

Sounds like you still have some sand in your vag, because there was no solar storm, and collapse of earth's magnetosphere on 7-7-09.

Don't go taking it out on Phage though. He was only presenting the facts and science then, AS HE UNDERSTANDS THEM (which seems to be better than most of us), just as he will continue to do now, and into the future.

I am not following Phage as a sheep. He has simply earned my respect and attention due to the facts and science, which he has shown to have an excellent grasp of.

It also helps that he doesn't start insane threads about vegetarians disappearing through imaginary, inter-dimensional portals....

Same here. Phage has proven himself to be reliably intelligent, he doesn't jump to rash conclusions, he is well informed about practically everything, and he is a kind person from my interactions with him.

He has earned respect from many of us here because of the way he presents himself, and his constant search for the truth. He won't let frauds continue to spread fear when he understands the truth of the matter, and he helps those of us who aren't as intelligent understand things better from time to time.

Until you earn a similar amount of respect, we won't change our opinion of him.

So the only sheep is you, it seems, who blindly follows without researching or follow-up. That is something I personally do not do with Phage, or anyone. I always open a new window and do as much research as possible, many times venturing into the world to collect books and other information.

That does not make me a sheep.

What would make me a sheep would be listening to you, Bachfin, whom I have no respect for, over Phage, whom I have much respect for.

I've chosen to surround myself with those who are more intelligent and observant tan I am to better understand what they understand. That is seeking knowledge and truth. Sheep don't do that.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

I can understand you here, but lets not make this about people, and yes i mean your foe also it seems.

The sun is doing some loopy stuff and phage always for me makes some snarky posts but most of the time he is informative.

I like the guy also but then again its each to there own in that regard.

Try stay on topic and do not be bated

just a lil heads up for ya

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JWash

interesting !

nice post

wonder what its up too?? is it getting ready to wake up i wonder from its slumber?

something is not right.. or maybe it is? and we just have not seen it be for. It is kinda spooky when one looks at the past study of our sol to see NO sun spots since we have been looking at it for over 300 years ..

no sun spots? hmm sounds a bit XFILES hehe , all we can do is wait and keep checking on the god of the solar system!

I still think snake shedding skin analogy is the correct one...

the sun is Growing!!

that is a known fact , I mean what other reason for it to be chilling out could it be?

be for a butterfly can become one "sorry to use this" it needs to go to sleep for a bit in a lil cocoon thingy right? "not like the sun is going to be a butterfly" but if we scale it up "a lot" then.. the sun is about to get bigger and in order to do so is having a sleep.. and when it wakes up will go POP and yeah all that stuff it does not needs "mass ejection" sadly for us... is coming in our direction?

that is the only thing i can think of right now.. if im wrong GOOD if im not.. we are in deep shizzle

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join