It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are getting cooked right now by the Sun!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eaf64f0d2bd3.jpg[/atsimg]

www2.nict.go.jp...

Well this is the worst I have seen it.

Phage, is this doom?

It's crazy that this is happening right at the same time as the total eclipse!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Solar wind
speed: 331.2 km/sec
density: 20.3 protons/cm3

www.spaceweather.com...

The solar wind density seems very high too. Not sure of the effects here on earth though?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/767698638985.jpg[/atsimg]

That is the pic I meant to post.

It looks pretty white hot to me.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Phage, is this doom?

This will be an interesting analysis and response

[edit on 21-7-2009 by solarstorm]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
When the Sun finally gets really angry, and fries us, like in the movie knowing, what would the magnetosphere look like then?

I'm guessing much worse, Phage mentioned on one of my other similar threads that the scale is really sensitive, so we are probably not really getting cooked per say, but this is by far the whitest I have ever seen this diagram.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

Phage, is this doom?

This will be an interesting analysis and response

[edit on 21-7-2009 by solarstorm]

LOL...interesting, maybe... informative, definitely!

Phage will probably direct you to the thread he created to explain to everybody what they are "seeing" in these "Magnetosphere Simulations":

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you seek facts, then I'm sure Phage will deliver. But if what you are really looking for is entertainment, a good story, and probably even a decent scare, then the ATS user 'QuestioningAll' has started at least 20-30 different threads you may want to check out...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
my tan's gettin' bad from work.
I get outta the shower today, my dad goes,"hey there IS a white guy under there".
shirt on? i know, but it's all about the breeze.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The 'dynamic pressure' has increased due to the 'density' increasing.

The only thing I find a bit odd is that the Bz reading has been fairly deep in the negative for a few hours now...

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I don't have the tools for a full understanding but I do have a grasp of the fundamentals.

Armchair Expert..

from phage's mouth... dont depend on selfproclaimed experts all phage does is quote other websites, dont be somebody else's sheep think for your self and do your own research

LOL phage is NOT an expert at anything.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Bachfin]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

reply to post by downtown436

sun 10/06/2000

sun 2009/07/22

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by meaguire

reply to post by downtown436

sun 10/06/2000

sun 2009/07/22

While I see your point, I call it and then raise it by asking, are these photos correlated to the same frequency range that would "cook" us. I think not, but admittedly do not fully understand. This might be like comparing a photo of a microwave to the radiation leaked, of which requires more instrumentation to document.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachfin

Sounds like you still have some sand in your vag, because there was no solar storm, and collapse of earth's magnetosphere on 7-7-09.

Don't go taking it out on Phage though. He was only presenting the facts and science then, AS HE UNDERSTANDS THEM (which seems to be better than most of us), just as he will continue to do now, and into the future.

I am not following Phage as a sheep. He has simply earned my respect and attention due to the facts and science, which he has shown to have an excellent grasp of.

It also helps that he doesn't start insane threads about vegetarians disappearing through imaginary, inter-dimensional portals....

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I know for my part of the world we are supposed to have a "warmer" than normal summer. Not so sure I know what they mean by warmer. I live in "the great white north" where a lot of Americans seem to think we live in igloos.
To be more precise, I live in Vernon BC, about a 2.5 hour drive to the US border. Our summers are normally in the low 30''s (around 90 F). Starting today through to next Monday they are calling for minimum 35 C (just under 100F). We have had that already for about a week and a half. Later next week they say we could hit the 40's (about 105F). I have lived here for about 9 years and low 30's is normal for the summers here but 40? I've been told by some long time residents that this is NOT normal. There is no sign of the warm weather cooling down in the near future. OH and we have not had any precipitation for quite some time now.
So maybe the sun does have something to do with our present weather conditions. I've also heard that central canada and down into central USA the weather has be colder than normal for this time of year and yet in Texas they are cooking. Interesting year this is turning out to be

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm

Sounds like you still have some sand in your vag, because there was no solar storm, and collapse of earth's magnetosphere on 7-7-09.

Don't go taking it out on Phage though. He was only presenting the facts and science then, AS HE UNDERSTANDS THEM (which seems to be better than most of us), just as he will continue to do now, and into the future.

I am not following Phage as a sheep. He has simply earned my respect and attention due to the facts and science, which he has shown to have an excellent grasp of.

It also helps that he doesn't start insane threads about vegetarians disappearing through imaginary, inter-dimensional portals....

I never said there would be can you find my post where i said that?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
What is causing the increase in heat?

Is it just greater heat that the sun is radiating?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

You are absolutely correct, and I apologize.

It was not the cockamamie "Magnetosphere collapsing" theory which you had grabbed a hold of with a vengeance...It was in fact the silly theory regarding "the largest
sunspot evar...OMG?!?" theory which was an attempt to say that the "not so huge sunspot" was what the CC was predicting the whole time:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm

You are absolutely correct, and I apologize.

It was not the cockamamie "Magnetosphere collapsing" theory which you had grabbed a hold of with a vengeance...It was in fact the silly theory regarding "the largest
sunspot evar...OMG?!?" theory which was an attempt to say that the "not so huge sunspot" was what the CC was predicting the whole time:

again did you even read those posts? all i said was CC said 7/7 and on 7/7 theres activity? LOL i didnt say anything would collapse i didnt say there would be a flare? all i did was state a fact but thats too hard for you to handle?

quote where i said anything would collapse or there would be a flare or where i said it was the biggest sunspot? you cant can you?

you are phage? LOL that would make sense

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I'm not scientific, but I have live in Portland,Or and we seem to be having hotter that normal weather,not in temperature terms, because we've had 90 degree weather before, but it's seems hotter now. 90 feels like a 110 you know what I mean. I can walk to the mail box and sweat heavily unlike I ever have.

Just my 2 cents. I thought something might be going on, maybe this is it.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
What's happening now is exactly what was forecast 3 or 4 days ago. At that time a coronal hole appeared in the northwest quadrant of the Sun. That hole caused an increase in the density of the solar wind which has now caused the increase in pressure. You'll notice that the speed of the solar wind is quite low.

As Paroxysm has pointed out, the Bz orientation (magnetic) of the wind is quite strong. This allows the solar magnetic field of the solar wind to connect with the Earth's magnetic field. This is why the magnetic field lines have taken on a splayed out appearance. This allows charged particles from the solar wind to get pulled toward the poles, increasing auroral activity. Our members in central Canada may get a light show but there is no magnetic storm brewing.

[edit on 7/21/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

you are phage? LOL that would make sense

So you came into this thread to insult one of the contributing members of ATS with names like "Armchair Expert..". Then go on to accuse said member of making multiple profiles. Why??

Do you have something against people who can properly summarize factual data and science, into rational and logical thoughts and words?

Maybe you just prefer the fictional half-truths which QuestioningAll posts for their entertainment value. I'm thinking you should just find your way back to one of those many entertaining threads, and go stoke the fire some more...

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Paroxysm]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join