It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HiYa from Scotland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I live in the west of Scotland in a town called Hamilton. I have had a lifelong interest in UFOs, the paranormal, dimensional worlds, an entity that made us, conspiracies and everything in between...
I have had many experiences, too many to mention here so I feel as if I have been targeted in some way to live this life of oddity that no one understands.
I love dogs and have three. One is a papillon and the two others are yorkies. Small dogs but not too yappy.
I am an outdoor type of person and love secluded, deserted places, especially beaches and forests. Here in Scotland there are plenty of unspoilt beauty which not even a lot of Scottish people know about.
I love photography and have a professional set up including studio lights. So if you want a portrait then I am your woman.
My musical taste is varied but I love soul music most and was distressed when Michael Jackson died. I am listening to Johnny Cash right now as my deceased dad came to me in a dream saying I had to listen to his prophetic words. How right he was....
I love reading and watching Sci Fi not suprisingly but also love reality shows like Big Brother and the X Factor (American Idol in the US).

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Hello there! Welcome to ATS.

You'll definitely find some like-minded individuals in some sections of the site. Don't mind people who don't agree with you. To plagiarize Schrodinger's Dog's signature here: On ATS it is Never personal. (Or something like that.)

I look forward to seeing you around the boards!

From your description of your interests, I'd recommend checking out The Terra Papers if you haven't read it already.

Good luck!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Hello from the USA.

Nice to have you join us.

Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

Scotland the last great European wilderness...very nice to meet you.
Hope you get as much pleasure from this site as i do...Welcome.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I'm just going to start off by saying that I envy you. I was born in Europe, but I live in the U.S. I happen to live in a city called Chicago. I get a wide variety of social experience, some unique. But what I envy you for, is having the chance to be out in nature, or atleast away from the big city.

I know from my experiences, I think best when I'm alone, and a secluded place as you've stated, would be great for just thinking. I would give anything to just imagine, what kind of beautiful landscpae you enjoy. Can't wait to hear about your experiences.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

Hidely Ho, kalenga! Welcome. I live in the U.S., in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Not a bad place to be, although it is often the butt of jokes. Here, too, are many seccluded and peaceful places to spend time. Just across the road from me and behind me are two great places I go where no one else goes very often. I, too, am interested in paranormal subjects and have and continue to have many experiences. I have a dog, she's a sweet mutt, and 4 cats and another litter on the way. I take photos, but not for anything other than family fun and to record things I want to use later when painting. Nice to meet you!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Welcome newcomer pull up a chair and crack open your mind what makes ya tick why did u decide to come here things like that most of all welcome and have fun.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS from Ontario Canada

Making my first trip overseas, 7 days in Edinburgh in September, can't wait!

Glad you joined us, you'll learn tons, have fun, and enjoy what ATS has to offer.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
hi and welcome from a fellow countryman im from the costa del glasgow

wheres theese good places to go that you talk about

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

Hello and welcome from the south side of glasgow.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

ahh a fellow scot nice to see
im in Edinburgh
welcome to your enlightenment
leave your sanity at the door and please remember to pick up your compulsory tinfoil hat

[edit on 113131p://400711 by ronishia]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepdog1

Hello there.
I really like going through Glencoe now and again.
Really nice sceanry there (when its not raining).
Might get the cobwebs of the suzuki and go for a ride up there soon.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepdog1

I have found a real gem of an area in the south of Scotland known as the Rhins of Dumfries and Galloway. There are so many deserted beaches even in the height of summer. It has a kind of 'back in time' feeling where people are so happy and make you feel welcome. If you love beaches then this is the place to go. It is a good place if you have a motorbike as the roads are so deserted. I love visiting there see it as my place of tranquility in this mad world we live in.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JOHN B 71

Spent a year with my caravan up in Fort William at the caravan park called Linnhe Lochside Holiday Park just a few miles up from Corpach. What a wonderful forest holiday park. Pristine park with the loch running right outside your caravan. The Road to the Isles road trip is the best run I have ever done. The scenery is unbelievable with a lot of stopping on your way to Mallaig. Glencoe is a magical place with the history of the Clans. The landscape changes every minute. There is no phone signal so that is good if you want away from it all. Scotland is one of the best wilderness' in the world.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by helpmefindtheway

Edinburgh is a great place to visit. Seven days is probably the right amount of time to spend there as there is so much to see and do. Lots of history and good pub food especially Greyfriar Bobby's bar menu which gives you BIG Scottish fayre portions that are delicious. The atmosphere is old worldly so pop in and you can see Greyfriar Bobby's grave.
www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
For Everyone Else Who Posted to Welcome Me

In reply to everyone else: eMachine, dizziedame, jean59, trams, kyred, beach bum, ronishia, I won't reply personally as my fingers will go into a cramp but thanks for your welcomes. I am enjoying my exploration of ATS and learning a lot though I cannot make any of my own threads yet even though I have made more than 20 threads? Anyone know why? I know I am lucky living in Bonny Scotland as a lot of it is unspoilt and you don't need to travel far to get to one place to the other as we live on an island. I have taken loads of photos so I will post some soon in my media library. Nice to meet you all.....

top topics

join