It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of KFIR accident in Colombia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Hi

This happened in Cartagena, Colombia this weekend. This plane was part of a new group of Kfirs bought by the Colombian Government.

Hope you guys find it interesting.

July 8, 2009: Colombia has received the first of twelve upgraded Kfir fighters. The new gear includes new avionics, a new (EL/M-2032) fire control radar and modern electronic warfare equipment. Colombia is upgrading older Kfir C7s to the C10 standard. The most recent batch will be delivered as Kfir C10s.

It was last year, that Colombia bought 13 Kfir fighters from Israel. This 1980s vintage, 16 ton aircraft is based on the French Mirage III, but much upgraded from the original 1970s design. It can carry six tons of weapons. It can go as high as 75,000 feet, has a max speed of 2,400 kilometers an hour and a normal operating radius of 700 kilometers. Sorties normally last 2-3 hours

www.strategypage.com...

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Camilo1]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I bet they are second hand planes, we always get those..

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
so the aircraft failed to stop when they tried to oO

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by aNdReSk

Indeed they are, we got an offer for 10 f-16 for about 20 million more that we paid for the Kfirs, but guess what?. We bought them anyway, sad, I know.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Camilo1

They say the craft can go 75,000 feet in altitude????

That's near space and would require a special canopy and flight suit. I think they might have exaggerated it's limits.

new topics

top topics

join