It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Quiet Sun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
You know, everyone has been in awe of the sun's activity in the last ten years or so. However, as of July 17, 2009, the sun has become quite inactive. The question is why.

Here is a blurb about the recent anomaly:

The Sun has gone back to blank after having had just one sunspot group that caused otherwise rational people to go off their heads...
What the hell?

I have often thopught that the sun's activity would play a role in some events as we approach the "ominous" 2012. However, I have to ask myself what it all really means.

Now, we all know that massive amounts of energy is emitted from the sun. The more activity, the more energy it emits. However, at least for me, the sun's lack of solar activity recently is a point of concern.

One has to wonder if it is just the calm before the storm.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I remember reading some time back that the Solar Maximum predicted for 2012 was being re-adjusted because of this deep Solar Minimum we are now in. NASA now thinks that Solar Maximum will occur in May 2013, and will be a relatively weak one with only around 90 sunspots. However, this does not mean the low number of sunspots will be any less severe than a normal cycle.

I found the Links explaining it all: NASA

NOAA

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Negotium of Verum]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Maybe as the solar system lines up with the center of the galaxy and the massive black hole that is there energy is somehow being drawn from the sun.

Granted, this would have to be approached by some new physics theory that would involve "non-locality", but why not.

A hotter sun and more UVB light could burn off some of this flu stuff, I feel. It is my impression that prolonged solar minimums could trigger a widespread miasma. Natural Vitamin D is produced by direct sunlight in the body.

This is not a good time for TPTB to be experimenting with chemtrails over populated areas that block out sunlight. If there is a flare up in the middle east and DU weapons are used, then I feel that chemtrails will be used to bring particles to ground. But this blocks out natural sunlight and could make flu problems worse.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by son of total newbie

Well, naturally, TPTB are going to do any and everything they can to prevent anything good happening. I mean, don't they always? So, most likely what you are going to see is an increase in chemtrails and the like over the next couple of years.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Actually, more severe pandemics often follow periods of intense solar activity. Some theorize this is because the radiation increases the chance for mutations to occur.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Negotium of Verum

. Some theorize this is because the radiation increases the chance for mutations to occur.

You know, that may very well be true. However, given the fact that not much is known about what is currently going on in our solar system, that is all it is, a theory.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I agree, we still have so much to learn about our own planet, and beyond that the universe. How can we know for sure what effects Solar activity has on our ecosystem.

I personally believe that low activity is just as likely to cause bad pandemics to develop. (Or provide a good place for one to be released!) Only in times of solar normality would such events be rare IMO.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Negotium of Verum

Actually, more severe pandemics often follow periods of intense solar activity. Some theorize this is because the radiation increases the chance for mutations to occur.

Well sure! The pandemics follow intense activity, which cause mutations. But, after the intense maximum, a solar minimum would follow. So you have two factors at work. 1. Increased mutations 2. Low UVB levels, reducing tissue saturation of Vitamin D.

So you are right, the disease swell is after the large solar max, but DURING the solar minimum.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I postulate its about to shed a BIG BIG amount of skin

Like a snake sheds it skin? remember one factor THE SUN GETS BIGGER be for it pops

the sun is growing and its time to shed its skin

we are in deep sh[t

i just hope im wrong

for some more info www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 21-7-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

word was wrong

[edit on 21-7-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Well, I hope your wrong too!! However, I am not sure that you are. I guess we will find out eventually.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I looked into it and that can only be the reason for its so called "silence"

If the sun grows as it gets older "we know this already" then it must have times it needs to get rid of its "skin" in order for it to grow.. like some magnetic skin, that's the only analogy I can use.

Snake shedding its skin

only problem is this is the sun and not a snake and we live right next to it

ok now i feel sick lol

wonder why they built all them under ground bases?? would be a nice place to hide when all that stuff comes our way heh?

I dunno but something is not right... or maybe it is and they are not telling us?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
I dunno but something is not right... or maybe it is and they are not telling us?

Well, given the fact that we really do not know how anything out there really works, I think that it is kind of presumptive to start panicking. However, it is scary to think about what might happen.

You can rest assured that the powers that be aren't going to let anything positive come out of it if they can help it. With that being said, there are forces at work right now that they nor anyone else has any control over.

I have alway been of the opinion that there is a percentage of the population, perhaps including myself, that needs to be sloughed off of this planet. I sort of have an outlook about things that others do not.

If the "higher powers," if you will, determine that there should be this great catastrophe, then so be it. We humans do not have the insight to see the full picture, so why fear it. Why fear, perhaps, one of the awesomest events in recorded history?

I personally am not a doom and gloom proponent in regards to 2012, yet, it seems that most are. In all honesty, I look forward to it. It may very well be the case that nothing perceptible will happen on Dec 21, 2012. However, I do think that 20 or so years down the road from 2012 people will look back and say, "Yeah, that is when it all began to change."

[edit on 23-7-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

my self am not a doom and gloom because I do not fear death.. or Armageddon in any form.

I will place my bets on the sun waking up with a VERY big bang. It wont be total death, but you will see lots of lights in the sky and some things "falling" out the sky...

I just hope its not a massive "once in a life time" for everyone "life" experience if you get my drift

but alas we shall find out with the rest of the 7+ billion people on the planet.

next solar maximum is meant to start in 2011.. plenty of time for beer

new topics

top topics

join