It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Woman Encounter...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bonekeeper

hmmm very interesting bonekeeper- shall read your thread to catch up on what you have said. Meanwhile has anything else happened of late?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
My first thought was maybe she is hearing music from the so called Pearly Gates if I spelled that right. If not maybe she heard some music earlier in the day and the song just keeps playing over in her head. I've had some music tunes I could not get out of my head for awhile before. Another possibility is that she is getting a bit senile and is hearing things that no one should be hearing. Maybe her brain was misfiring and playing back memories of some song like a broken record player.

As far as picking up radio waves, I believe it's possible too. At times I felt like tapping my fingers to a certain beat. I turned on the radio and there was the song playing on one of the stations.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bonekeeper

hmm very interesting boneKeeper- can you tell us of anything else that has had you going? Meaning has anything else strange come about? Interested in knowing what It Is?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Umm??? Sorry Folks If I Repeated A Question there, em just some slight technical fault.... As They All Say.....

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Strange thing is she didn't seem mad to me- she seemed somewhat distressed and spoke quite "Literally". I suppose really what do you know about "Little Old Ladies"- Heaven Knows- mabey she was feeling lonely on this day, heck who really knows. though It very well seemed to me at the time she "Ain't Lying".

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
maybe its posted before (didnt have time to read whole thread)

but isnt it possible that some people when they get bored they unconceously start "playing" music in their heads and with some people they really dont know that they are doing this so they think it is music everybody can hear

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

And then, on the heels of this sudden desire for piano music, Cicoria started to hear music in his head. "The first time," he said, "it was in a dream. I was in a tux, onstage; I was playing something I had written. I woke up, startled, and the music was still in my head.

source

He himself, he grew to think, had had a sort of reincarnation, had been transformed and given a special gift, a mission, to "tune in" to the music that he called, half metaphorically, "the music from heaven."

source

Musicophelia is an enchanting read, though one is struck more by the phenomena depicted—amusias, musical hallucinations

source

It tells you about people who hear music in their heads, people with perfect pitch who lose it and vice versa, people with tinnitus and so on.

source

I've seen things that science cannot explain. And, I believe there is more to life than science will ever be able to explain. But, I've told you about a book (which I've read) that offers one possible explication for hearing music when it is not there and other strange music phenomena.

Just because it is based on science is no reason to ignore the information. If you believe EVERYTHING is paranormal...then there is no normal. I think the point is to find experiences that cannot be explained by science. But, you have to know what science can explain before you make a wonderful other-wordy discovery.

The old woman in the OP may have been having some heavenly pre-death experience, or she has a brain tumor.

Why can't you allow for science to be one of the possible answers to the problem? Why bury your head in the sand?

Here's a book (that I've read) that offers an answer...though it may not be the only answer...but ignore it. Enjoy your brain tumor.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Pamie]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by catalyst2466
reply to post by Thill

Hi Thill, yeah that part about being tired and hearing things before or during the process of nearing deep sleep, I hear happens to lots of people including myself. Though hearing things in your "Waking State"- is kind of different...

[edit on 21-7-2009 by catalyst2466]

You misunderstood me . I didn't mean while nearing deep sleep or any kind of sleep.
I meant just being tired and in a quiet place , like lets say being tired(after work or physical exercise with lack of sleep, etc...) and sitting/standing in a quiet room. So it is very much in a waking-state.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Thill]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Also sometime loose fillings or dental work can vibrate to radio waves and produce sounds that seem like they are coming from outside.

en.allexperts.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I also occasionally hear what sounds like classical music, or sometimes a muffled news broadcast - as if they were in another room or on a cheap radio with the volume down really low. I once woke up in the middle of the night because I could SWEAR I heard the classical music DJ that comes on when my alarm clock goes off. I thought my alarm clock was broken because it was still dark out. It took me a moment to figure out that it wasn't the source of the sound. I just heard nondescript chatter. The more I tried to focus on it the more it seemed to fade.

I do wonder if it's in any way related to something that happened to me about 10-15 years ago:

I was in high school. I had a friend that would just crash at my place and go to school with me the next morning since I lived right next to it. One night I was alone and had a "dream" that someone was whispering my name. In my dream I called back "what?". This repeated a few more times. The last time I was pretty much fully awake as I heard it and I let out a "WHAT?!" There was no reply, I freaked out, told myself I was still partially dreaming and tried to go back to sleep. I never bothered to tell anyone about it.

I don't remember how long after this - maybe a week or two, my friend spent the night. He crashed on my bed so I slept on the couch in the living room. The next morning he tells me about a voice that woke him up whispering MY name.

I've been searching for any clues, thoughts, or similar experiences that might help me figure out what this was.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by catalyst2466
...Wow! You know I think that I honestly believe you...

I totally understand if you have trouble believing me or anyone else. Unless something like this has happened to you, you can't really understand what we're talking about. I know that until I experienced some things, I didn't believe them.

But at the risk of sounding even more crazy and like my 911 caller, I now have a tendency to hear the voices better when there's a source of running water. And this is where it get really unbelieveable, I've even heard them while urinating. It's almost like a hundred different conversations going on at once and I only pick up a word or two from each conversation.

Like others have said, most times I can't make out what's being said. I've experienced hearing them while wide awake to being ready to drift off to sleep. Three times while going to sleep, I've heard music that I wish I could duplicate just to see if it's an actual song or something new.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I agree. I have what I call a jukebox in my head, probably because of listening to music for most of my life, and it (my brain) will play songs every day. sometimes they play again and again, and I have to actually hear the song play to dispel this. Sometimes it plays a commercial, or a cartoon jingle. I have no control of this, and I am not crazy either. Some days I love it, some days I hate it. My wife hates it when I sing along.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Hi all back again thanks for all of your replies, don't have the time to stay for long as I'm busy. To Pamie thanks for your post and source, thats quite an interesting account. Although I quite agree it is more of a reincarnation type thing. To Thill, sorry I misunderstood you at first, yes it sounds a lot of what your saying comes from tuning into the "Collective Consciousness" -Cheers.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by catalyst2466]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

I've heard it for years now, it sounds like a distant radio or TV and it is one of those things where it is almost loud enough to hear a few words, but not quite. Like a muttering with static. I usually hear it in the silence of night.

Also, lately, I've noticed when I watch TV i am extremely patriotic. I think I'm just tricking myself on that one though.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by catalyst2466

I don't recall now, but it sounded like a news announcer. Like, "effecting young adults in major cities in the US, the porogram will..." on and on. There wasn't any prophetic words or anything and it would go on until I fell asleep or cranked up some music or something to drown out the words. It sounded like an AM radio brodcaster reading news is more accurate. It just never happened until a couple weeks ago. I wonder if the switch to digital broadcasting here in the US have anything to do with it?

Go figure because I can't figure it out.

[edit on 22/7/09 by spirit_horse]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Hello! I had pneumonia January 2000, I got really sick in two days.
I spent three hours on a Sunday at Urgent care doctors office, because I had children under 4 years old and I wanted my husband to watch them.
They did a lung xray and sent me home with 4 antibiotic pills. I had to also breathe in chest medicine in the doctors ofice. I felt really sick like an elephant was sitting on my chest. I couldn't breathe, it hurt too much to cough. I went home and layed down in my bed in the sunshine exhausted and I could hear the angels choir singing me to sleep it sounded lovely. I was weird. I cried. Looking back on it now, I should have gone to ER, or checked my self into a hotel with room service and slept. My husband actually went to work and left me there with a 1 1/2 yr old and a 4 year old!!!!!!! Never again would I be a Martar!!!! I should have dialed 911 and left. I had dressed my self that Sunday morning and told my husband to get dressed and the kids and drive me to the urgent care, he complained it took three hours to get seen to me not the office. They called me on Monday and the radiologists said you have pneumonia, come in and get more medicine!!! I already knew I had pnemonia it was obvious in the chest xray I saw. Ladies think of yourselves when you are sick. Check into a hotel and rest up!!!!! The men can deal with their offspring for a few days. If you can't breathe you are dead.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by frugal

Thank you for sharing, I guess the core essence here is the -existence of Life After Death. So many have shared their experiences all over the world of NDE's and/or near death encounters. If there is such a thing as Life After Death -Just what is out there is more than just intriguing... I think I will be busy these next few years to spend time on Researching and writing my book on "Spiritual life"- and Experiences.

I thank you all for sharing.

-Catalyst2466..

[edit on 24-7-2009 by catalyst2466]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I have heard this same choir before. Usually when I hear it, it's at night lying in bed. I guess when I am really starting to relax it's almost like my body has a higher vibration. It only lasts for a few seconds and it sounds like the most beautiful, extremely large choir that I have ever heard!
I started reading up on this because after the first time I heard this, I got very interested as to what it was. What I have found is that it is the Angelic choir in heaven. I suppose with the vail thinning so much now and with me I guess raising my vibration at night, I have been able to "tune in" to small bits of it. I suppose for some that are more sensitive they are able to hear it longer and more often.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
A few other explanations perhaps ...
1. The old lady uses hearing aids and could hear stuff you couldn't ( you say it was MJ's music she could hear and it aint been off the radio for the past few weeks )
2. Tinitis
3. She was as made as a box of frogs

4. She was as mad as 2 boxes of frogs

I have myself suddenly had a tune pop into my head and then heard it come on the radio seconds later .. ( some kind of deja vu perhaps )

And I have also thought I heard my mobile ( cell ) phone ringtone and went to answer it only to realise it's not even on never mind ringing

Until i hear the angels singing Hallelujah (sp?) when im on my death bed i'll just put it down to nohting more than the mind playing tricks

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Starseed32

Hi starseed32, thanks for your reply-you sound as if you would have some interesting things to share, must read up on your threads, see you later.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join