It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophecy is neither scientific nor spiritual

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Apollumi

"The North-American freedom will loss its light, its torch will light no longer, as well as yesterday did it, and the monument will be hit for twice". (Benjamín Solari Parravicini. 1939)

Thats interesting enough. Not conclusive, but interesting.

Did you have a look at the pictures also? Far as I know this guy could have been postdiction instead of prediction but where I've looked on the internet seems to lend some credibility.

Concerning prophecy, I have experienced it. So I know it is real. Hard to know what types of lies most people are willing to commit themselves to this day however. People lie and deceive without effort vs being hones and truthful without effort. Discernment always.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I do think precognition as an ability exists. Take for example that novel in the 1800s called which described the sinking of a ship called "Titan". Awesome pre-cog.

The Quality of Prophecy I am criticizing here comes mainly from end-time-doomers who make their "prediction" with the bias to gather as many flock as possible.

"The end is nigh. Thats why you have to join us"

I doubt that its possible to have a spiritual vision that is agenda-driven. Agendas dont allow for the right state of mind in which to receive clairvoyant vision.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Sky, you're a moderator, right??

Is it possible to extend multible flags and stars for your thread??

Just this once?? can't you lift the restriction of being able to only give one flag and one star per post??

We won't tell!!...just this once because i have to say that i couldn't agree more with you and have absolutly nothing to add other then...

S+F for you.

Peace

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Thanks for the very expert replies. Very informative

Im glad false prophecy was frowned upon that much in biblical times because frankly, its a menace to society even today.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
Prophecy does not have to be scientific nor spiritual,

Stuff neither has to be scientifically nor spiritually valid? I can see where that mindset will lead the world, and its dark indeed.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I do think precognition as an ability exists. Take for example that novel in the 1800s called which described the sinking of a ship called "Titan". Awesome pre-cog.

The Quality of Prophecy I am criticizing here comes mainly from end-time-doomers who make their "prediction" with the bias to gather as many flock as possible.

"The end is nigh. Thats why you have to join us"

I doubt that its possible to have a spiritual vision that is agenda-driven. Agendas dont allow for the right state of mind in which to receive clairvoyant vision.

You are referring to folks like that Blossom Goodchild twit. Not to people who, for example, may practice the ancient art of astrology (the key here is the word "ancient", as in "not pertaining to Jeane Dixon"), or perhaps the ancient Oracles such as Pythia at Delphi. Is this correct?

In this case, i wholeheartedly agree with you in every possible way.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Ok, what about remote viewing. Can it be regarded as a form of prophecy.

Im sure as most of you know "remote viewing" is when someone views an object or location or an event over distance, time etc. If the viewer is viewing an event, whose to say that this event is not being viewed in the future. If they saw the destruction of a town, city, world.. would this not form a prophecy.

Remote viewers also have problems with time (time being a man made concept) this would also help explain why so many prophecies get their time / dates wrong.

So is remote viewing the reason behind failed prophecies?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by John Q

I would postulate the answer to be "NO".

From my research, the issue of how time relates to CRV is that CRV happens outside of time and space. When it is working to its fullest extent, you just instantly "appear" in the location to be viewed.

CRV doesn't work as well in the viewing of future events, due to the murky nature of the future.

Failed prophecy most likely has to do with someone who was just making it up, be it consciously or unconsciously (as in the case of insanity).

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The blind leading the equally blind; pray tell, HERE is prophecy being fullfilled word for word: PROPHECY

FIRST Posted on OPEdNews 11,11,08

[edit on 7/24/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Looking back through the prophecy threads, it is pretty clear that the OP is correct.
Nearly every last 'prophecy' turned out to be WRONG.
Obviously they aren't from God or scientific or they would have been right.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Actually, 911 was predicted. IIRC Pastor David Wilkerson predicted it among others.

The Scripture declares that in the END TIMES

"Your sons and daughters shall prophecy . . . "

Certainly prophecy is included in the I Cor 12-14 chapters.

Yes, the Christian prophetic is still a mess. I expect God will be cleaning it up as we race toward Armageddon.

Many such folks are merely misguided though well-meaning and listening too much to the noise in their heads or worse.

Some are merely inexperienced in discerning the clear, 'still-small-voice' of Holy Spirit from their own mental noise or the noise of the enemy.

There aren't many who spend 40 years in the wilderness refining their "hearing" as in Old Testament days.

Throwing the baby out with the bath is not wisdom.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Prophesy written tends to be self fulfilling.Prophesy written tends to be self fulfilling. Prophesy written tends to be self fulfilling..Prophesy written tends to be self fulfilling.Prophesy written tends to be self fulfilling. Prophesy written tends to be self fulfilling..
Get it yet?.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I haven't found the 911 related one of David Wilkerson's yet.

Here's the sobering one about fires etc. in the cities around the world that has yet to come to pass but could virtually overnight:

davidwilkersontoday.blogspot.com...

= = =

Here's a 28 min video from his THE VISION:

www.godlikeproductions.com...

I found that book rather accurate.

= = =

This one talks about his predictions of the economic collapse that's looming now over our heads:

www.sermonindex.net...

. . .

David Wilkerson's Economic Vision

Key points to remember about this vision:

From the time the first country goes down, you'll have two weeks to get your money out of the bank.
America will come through this crisis---there will be a restoration.

But the nation will never be like it was before...

God is saying: Get our lives straight...Get rid of the idols...Seek the face of God in holiness...

God will be a wall of fire about you...And the glory in the midst of you!
It's about to happen---very soon, one nation, and I'm speaking prophetically--if I've ever heard anything from God in my life, I heard it ... Very soon a European or North African or Eastern nation is going to default on its international loan and when that happens, within two weeks, Mexico is going to default. Mexico owes $100 billion ---80% of it to American banks---and here's what is going to happen: about two weeks after the first country goes bankrupt, (we're going to survive that, because most of that (money of the first country) is owed to European banks---German, Swiss and French banks) but a second country is going to go down, probably Argentina or Brazil, and we'll kind of live that down and say: "Well, maybe it's not going to hurt," but two weeks after the first country goes down, Mexico's going to default on $100 billion.

And when the banks open the next day at 9 in the morning, $15 billion an hour is going to be withdrawn from our American banks -they're going to be running our banks---the Arabs---all the Latin American countries, they're going to be running our banks--and before the day is over, the USA is going to have to declare a "bank holiday."

SIX MONTHS OF HORROR:

And we're going into six months of the worst hell America has ever seen---there's going to be chaos---not even the National Guard's going to be able to quiet it down---we're going to have to call out the whole U.S. Army.

Now I've had visions recently, for I've been in New York City and I was in Macy's in a vision, and I saw people walking around stunned because they couldn't get their money out of the bank.

Now I'm going to give you a word of advice, the first country goes bankrupt---I've documented this and I've got it sealed in an envelope, and I'm going to call all my friends and I'm telling you---this is the first time I've said it in a public meeting like this---but the first country that bellies up, you go get every dime you have---church get your money out of the bank--because there's going to be a 'bank holiday' and you won't be able to get a dime for six months. Now, of course, there's going to be -restored, but the nation will never be like it is again.

There's going to be fear like we've never known---judgment at the door. When I was at Macy's Dept. Store in a vision and I watched people walking around stunned, they didn't know what to do, they didn't know what was happening; then a bunch of people walked into Macy's and suddenly went wild and began to steal and within an hour everybody---I saw the spirit of everybody in the store---they were robbing and stealing---they raped Macy's and destroyed five floors---Macy's was raped and ruined in a period of an hour or two.

. . .

= = = =

I haven't found the one specifically related to 9/11. I don't recall the details. I suspect some folks are relating the prediction of fires and riots in all the earth's major cities with the 9/11 prediction but it was different.

It did not predict 9/11 in specifics re planes into the towers, IIRC. I think it may have mentioned a massive terror attack on NYC with lots of deaths.

Of course, human nature is such that

NONE ARE SO BLIND AS THOSE WHO WILL NOT SEE.

edit on 25/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: added

edit on 25/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

edit on 25/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Thanks OP my thoughts exactly

Anyone remember the ascension thread by boba? all BS, In fact I have not seen any prediction come true and I think the people who make them should be post banned for a week when the date comes and goes.
These people are scumbags, reeling in the gullible and the (at the time) weak willed...and the guys who make money of them should be dragged through the streets with poop being flung from them.

I have loled at the latest one where someone says "If you wear white knee length socks you will be mistaken as a Jew and will be killed"....

Please anyone show me anyone who has ever made a prediction that came to being, Oh and don't bother with Nostradamus, because that is all BS to sell books also.

Oh and what is worse is the religious nuts who every year tell us we are closer to armageddon.....priests have been trying to sell that for over a 1000 years.
edit on 25-9-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Now really, how is an economic collapse going to effect you?, the economy has been crap for years, and if you haven't made adjustments it may just be your fault. The writing is on the wall, has been for awhile.

I'm not one of those "survivalists" or "adventure campers" or whatever, I don't have massive food stores sitting around in preparation for the end of the world...I don't have piles of guns and ammo for defending my junk like some greedy little scaredycat American's seem to think is the answer.

The only problem with the economy collapsing would be those who cannot figure out how to get what they need without Wal-Mart, or a store of another type, or were un-prepared for living in the cold and wet for a time if they had to.

Everything collapses and I will sit and enjoy the total silence which I have never heard in my life, and actually be able to see the stars again anywhere I go. This beautiful world would be just a bit more beautiful than it already is without everyone's light noise and stink messing it up anymore.

I will go quietly into the night, and you won't even know I'm there, and that's why....

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

As I recall, you were shown such a fulfilled prediction from one of ATS's own on another thread.

Perhaps your memory about such things is exceedingly short.

If your memory was as great as your . . . attitude, you'd have remembered.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join