It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: no plans to compensate people who may be injured by an H1N1 vaccine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

A leading public health expert is calling on Canada to create a no-fault compensation program for people who may be harmed by a swine flu vaccine that millions of Canadians will be urged by the government to get this fall. Kumanan Wilson, Canada research chair in public health at the University of Ottawa, said in an interview with Canwest News Service that children and adults could be exposed to an incompletely tested vaccine and that a compensation scheme is needed to encourage the public to buy into any mass immunization program.

Nice... try to get compensation available so people will be less likely to deny the vaccine? Makes you wonder doesn't it?

But Canwest News Service has learned that, unlike the United States, the Public Health Agency of Canada has no plans to compensate people who may be injured by an H1N1 vaccine.

link

There you go.... choose between Swine Flu(H1N1) or the un-tested vaccine..... the choice still looks like it will be ours at least..... for now....

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by airteck

I don't really understand how they can strongly urge us to all get the jab with a vaccine that's for the most part untested, and may not even work very well at all. Doesn't this thing keep mutating just enough to make a vaccination idea questionable to begin with? I think I read that somewhere but may be mistaken.

Anyways, them trying to ensure that anyone who gets sick from this slapped together shot, can't seek compensation tells me that they really don't have any confidence in it's safety and/or effectiveness in the first place. Thanks but no thanks.

I'll just stock up on vitamins, echinacea, etc. I'll also use this coming flu season as a reason to really start making sure I eat as healthy as I can. No more junk that doesn't help my body. No more fast food that weakens my immune system. And we just got a puppy, so I'll get loads of excersize walking her, even in the winter. Also, try to avoid crowded places, dirty places, etc.

I'd much rather take my chances this way than with any undertested concoction that they threw together hastily. And if, as I heard recently, they actually do try and make it mandatory.....Well I'll just say, let them try and force it on me. I freaking dare them to.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This is a very scary trend. Here is a link to my thread on Legal Immunity for the makers of the vaccine AND the Federal Officials that are giving the orders!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They want to rush together a vaccine, and force it on millions of people, resulting in thousands of side effects, when the actual flu has only killed a couple of hundred people worldwide?!?!?!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Thats number three ?

Usa Uk and now Canada ?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I think that it's pretty messed up that they are aware enough of potential issues with the vaccine to issue a statement like that. On the flip side, at least we here in Canada aren't actually required to receive the shot.

I've read online that part of the Canadian constitution expressly prohibits mandatory vaccinations. That may turn out not to mean anything in the long run (a one world government/North American Union might have its own constitution loaded with "big brother" clauses), but for now at least it seems the matter is in our hands.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

ChemBreather, the three countries you listed are not the only countries that have taken out contracts with companies to produce vaccines. Take a look at a thread I created when I found an old Globe and Mail edition from the 17th.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I gave a good break down of the established contracts of supply and demand.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by airteck

Kind of tells people: If something goes wrong don't look at us, GlaxoSmithKline made it and thus it is their problem.

Canadian gov't to GSK: Its your fault if anything happens.
GSK to Canadian gov't: -CENSORED- YOU

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Dnevnoi]

top topics

join