It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SwineFlu Might transfer via Money.UnConfirmed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Hey, I just thought I'd throw it out there..

Wanted to add that I some what got some what Confirmation..
Still NOT absolutely confirmed but, still worth keeping in mind:

-The virus can live on anything........including money. It has been seen living up to 60 hours without a host. The virus has been recorded living in an host for over 60 days reattacking the host in a different form every 2 1/2 to 3 weeks.....( Source is and will remain UnDisclosed )

I just heard from my wife that at work to day, 'word' had it that the swine flu might be transmitted thru paper money...

It is not Confermed via Media or the Health department here in Norway, but I will post more if it should be more ..

Here is some info from SmartMoney ..
Can You Catch Swine Flu From Money?

Can You Catch Swine Flu From Money?
To reduce the risk of catching swine flu, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends frequent hand washing and using tissues when you sneeze. But there's another way to protect yourself —even if it's not so good for the economy: Stop spending money.

It doesn't get talked about much, but the fact is paper currency—the dollars, fives, tens and twenties most people routinely touch every day—can spread a virus from one person to another. So if you have contact with money that an infected individual has also handled, there's a possibility of catching the flu.

How likely is that? Despite the pervasiveness of cash in society, its role in transmitting illness has been the subject of surprisingly little study. But some recent research suggests that flu bugs can show some staying power when they land on one of the countless banknotes that change hands every day.

Generally speaking, scientists interviewed by SmartMoney estimate the lifetime of a plain flu virus deposited on money at an hour or so. But mix in some human nasal mucus, and the potential for the virus to hang on long enough to find a victim increases, according to one of the few scientific studies done on flu transmission through cash.

[edit on 21/7/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

It goes without saying that bacteria are everywhere in the environment and most of these microbes are harmless to humans. Should germs on currency worry us? Surprisingly, studies of bacteria on money are scarce. In 1972 a study in the Journal of the American Medical Association studied bacteria from 200 coins and bills and found harmful germs like fecal bacteria and Staphylococcus aureus on 13 percent of coins and 42 percent of notes. The study concluded: "Money is truly dirty."

Another study at the University of California at San Francisco cultured 113 examples of "real life" cash from a deli, a post office, a newsstand, and common places where money changes hands. Most grew harmless organisms, but 18 percent of coins and 7 percent of notes had some less friendly bacteria on them, including the odd colony of E. coli and the potential pathogen S. aureus. Fortunately, the bug soon shrivels on money's dry surface. And with 25 percent of people carrying S. aureus in their noses, it's no surprise that the bug gets onto fingers and money.

hubpages.com...

Google: Germs on Money

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
if you guys are afraid of this, please get rid of all your money. You can give it to me....

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
What a great way to haul in a new bacterial free currency =X
Two lines for Emphasis!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thegreatobserver

Hehe, I was hoping that some of you could link in mentaly to the Gold vending machines in Germany !!
You Conspirators you !

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Not to worry

The government has this new chip
it goes right under your skin
so you don't have to worry
about dirty money any more

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Well hopefully Scrooge McFed will catch something as he's swimming thru his sea of cash.

I'm broke so've got nothing to worry about.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by primus2012]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I would not be surprised. My wife works in a bank in Canada and they have that hand sanitizer for use every flu season because of the germs on money. Paper currency is very dirty and you'd be surprised, she brought home a video from work that they made them watch and in it they swabbed bills and found that something like 80-90% were carrying human fecal material and coc aine on them. Plus they had a whole list of germs on them.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981
I would not be surprised. My wife works in a bank in Canada and they have that hand sanitizer for use every flu season because of the germs on money. Paper currency is very dirty and you'd be surprised, she brought home a video from work that they made them watch and in it they swabbed bills and found that something like 80-90% were carrying human fecal material and coc aine on them. Plus they had a whole list of germs on them.

'Dirty Money' and poop and the cash ? sound good.
How many are 'sniffing' the cocain right off the dollar bills ?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
So this could be the "reason" to do away with cash...Because the sheeple will demand it....

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by smilinggrandma

Haha, yea, we are going like this : Buuuu buuuu, take your money..
and they go like this : yea , sure thing, toss it over !!

And they have been very kind to take that problem away from us, and we love them forever more.

[edit on 22/7/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I just can say that everyone knows tptb always wanted a good excuse to get rid of paper money, because our freedom goes with it. If paper money goes away everyone will be exposed and everyone of our moves will be recorded. Not good at all... Imagine if someone wants to switch you off of the system, then all it would tale will be just to freeze your virtuALL money account and you are done, no one would be able to help you, even if they want to, just because there is no other way of exchange outside the system, you became an outlaw like those in Code46 movie, living "afuera" if living at all.

Don't know if this is it, right now wih the swine flu scare; but I'm pretty sure it will be done anytime soon. Tptb just needed the technological instruments to make it work for them and now these had been among us many years...

I'm pretty sure everyone here knows about this, I just can't avoid to tell this every time i get a chance.. Sorry if boring...

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Narciso]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Umms, you can catch any disease from money.

I had a friend who caught HepC when she worked at Mcdonalds. Sitting there licking her thumps while she counted the bills.

Money is the dirtiest thing on the planet, and if you touch it and you touch your eyes or put it in your mouth than you increase the risk of infection.

Just like any other germ covered item in our world. Who the hell would put money in their orafices anyway?

~Keeper

top topics

join