It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SDog's musings and meanderings ...

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Now that I have stopped laughing I can type, the ironic thing is the Aliens eating us shows only 4 pages and Americans are fat 14 pages, guess we are more worried about getting fat then being eaten by Aliens.

edit on 4-1-2011 by Aquarius1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

...the ironic thing is the Aliens eating us shows only 4 pages and Americans are fat 14 pages...

Perhaps an explanation is.....the people who "know" about aliens eating Humans are being selectively picked off, in order to shut them up?

Several ATS members have been conspicuously absent, of late....anyone heard from Phage or Maybe....Maybe Not lately??

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Thanks for posting that...I love stuff like that...Just freaking awesome...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I love it too ... silly things like this make me tear up for some strange reason, I think it's an energetic thing.

Plus I'm just that lame.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by MemoryShock

I love it too ... silly things like this make me tear up for some strange reason, I think it's an energetic thing.

Plus I'm just that lame.

Nothing silly about it SD, isn't that what we all want, good days everyday for all.

Thanks for posting that.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Plus I'm just that lame.

Not lame...you are less lame than I because I wasn't going to post that I, for some reason, got choked up...it reinvigorated my desire to be a part of one of those improv everywhere dealios.

improveverywhere.com...

We should come up with some ideas...

And yes, I teared again at the above link...Color me sappy...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Sdog my friend this is for you.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

LOL!!!!!

I had never met S-Dog until just last October....so, never knew him with all that HAIR!!! (LOL!!)

Oh...wait....that was Billy Joel. nvm....

S, my man!!! Hope you're doing OK. Ring me.....

(I wanted to find....I have scoured the InterWebz for something as a spirit-lifter....not sure what's appropriate....yet.....).

So....words instead. All my best.....

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Saudade

Saudade (singular) or saudades (plural) (pronounced [sɐ.uˈdaðɨ] or [sawˈdaðɨ] in European Portuguese,[1] [sa.uˈdad(ʒ)ɪ] or [sawˈdad(ʒ)ɪ] in Brazilian Portuguese[2] and [sawˈdade] in Galician) is a Portuguese and Galician word difficult to translate adequately, which describes a deep emotional state of nostalgic longing for something or someone that one was fond of and which is lost. It often carries a fatalist tone and a repressed knowledge that the object of longing might really never return.

Saudade has been described as a "vague and constant desire for something that does not and probably cannot exist ... a turning towards the past or towards the future".[3] A stronger form of saudade may be felt towards people and things whose whereabouts are unknown, such as a lost lover, or a family member who has gone missing. It may also be translated as a deep longing or yearning for something which does not exist or is unattainable.

edit on 19 Jan 2011 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Saudade is really a little difficult to explain, because although being the longing for something or someone, it's not really a bad feeling; it's a little sad but it also gives some hope.

Not from a Portuguese band, but this is an excellent musical representation of saudade.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This was sent to me...and I found it rather amazing...what a great experiment....and maybe they should do this more often....get people excercising!

There is a set of stairs, with a moving escalator next to it .... both of which lead to the same spot on the floor of the upper level. At first no one took the stairs, almost 97% of the people took the escalator. Okay. I think that could be a normal expected result.

Then a group of engineers got together, and decided they wanted to change the percentage around.

Notice what these scientists did. Clever huh. And now they have reversed the percentages, as a whopping 66% more people take the stairs, than ride the escalator.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

That is really cool ... music is the answer to so many things.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

THAT is so beautiful!

There IS a very Greek sound (to my ear, at least) in the melody...but, yes...it is different.....I'm not that musical, so........count me as 'ignorant" ....well...even worse.....in that arena.

To those who DO know music? Many thanks.

To SDog? Only my best, as always.....(and.....I will pop a silly video.....or "sumthin"...in hopes of makin' you laugh. It's just my sick sense......OF HUMOR!!! What? You thought somethin' else??

PS....Glad you're OK. Still, have no other words....sorry.....

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

No need to worry ww ... it's been a difficult month or so ... many things came to pass all at once ... but such is the nature of the universe ... to paraphrase Stanley Kubrick:

"The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent, but if we can come to terms with this indifference, then our existence as a species can have genuine meaning. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light."

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

oh crap!!!! AND. my friend..... say this...."OH CRAP!!

(because....and this IS (because I changed it) ....really weird..but AS I TYPE THIS, I am experiencing "deja vu"!!!)
edit on 20 January 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c9fdc197306.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I hope you're well SD, I only just read the last few pages.

Thinking of ya mate!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

reply to post by greeneyedleo

That is really cool ... music is the answer to so many things.

It really is...and look how interactive and happy people were going up and down the stairs!

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join