It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SDog's musings and meanderings ...

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

www.stephenwolfram.com...

[edit on 12 May 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Where did you find that documentary?? Because, you know that is what actually happened, right?

My tongue is in my cheek, so I can't talk now, will type only.

I see some fakery, though...at about the 1:00 mark, when the 'saucer' lands...Moon has no air, so the 'dust' would not billow up like that. FAKE!
PROPAGANDA!

I especially love the 'Nazi' on the motorbike bit!! Priceless...a 'paved' two-lane macadam road, and it's on the Moon!!. Cute, cute....double yellow stripe and all....(since when to Germans drive on the left?
Is this historically accurate?)

Well, gotta go now, tongue is starting to ache...leave you with this: There is no "Dark Side" of the Moon....(except when Pink Floyd is involved.)

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Apple's response to Adobe:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Hehe!
the science fiction comedy 'Iron Sky' seems to be an über-cool film project!

And to my surprise there's actually a possibility to join the production team for people who are interested as well! - Great idea to invite artists & film interested people from the internet community to take part in the project!

And the story of the film is like something taken directly from ATS!

Ufo's - Hans Kammler & Anti-gravity, Secret Nazi base on the dark side of the Moon etc!

And of course, you can't make a film like this without:

Babes in Space!

Can't wait until the world premiere 2011 lol!

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Ask culture and Guess culture

I thought this was fascinating and wanted to share.

Someone (back in 2007) wrote to a website to ask advice. A friend of the writer's wife asked to stay at their apartment in NYC for a couple of days while she was in town on business. Writer and wife are appalled at friend's rudeness and wonder how to turn her down. After much comment, some saying, "This isn't rude, just tell her no," and others saying, "How rude! Some people never get the hint," one comment stood out:

This is a classic case of Ask Culture meets Guess Culture.

In some families, you grow up with the expectation that it's OK to ask for anything at all, but you gotta realize you might get no for an answer. This is Ask Culture.

In Guess Culture, you avoid putting a request into words unless you're pretty sure the answer will be yes. Guess Culture depends on a tight net of shared expectations. A key skill is putting out delicate feelers. If you do this with enough subtlety, you won't even have to make the request directly; you'll get an offer. Even then, the offer may be genuine or pro forma; it takes yet more skill and delicacy to discern whether you should accept.

All kinds of problems spring up around the edges. If you're a Guess Culture person -- and you obviously are -- then unwelcome requests from Ask Culture people seem presumptuous and out of line, and you're likely to feel angry, uncomfortable, and manipulated.

If you're an Ask Culture person, Guess Culture behavior can seem incomprehensible, inconsistent, and rife with passive aggression.

Obviously she's an Ask and you're a Guess. (I'm a Guess too. Let me tell you, it's great for, say, reading nuanced and subtle novels; not so great for, say, dating and getting raises.)

Thing is, Guess behaviors only work among a subset of other Guess people -- ones who share a fairly specific set of expectations and signalling techniques. The farther you get from your own family and friends and subculture, the more you'll have to embrace Ask behavior. Otherwise you'll spend your life in a cloud of mild outrage at (pace Moomin fans) the Cluelessness of Everyone.

It explains so much!

So which one are you? Are you from Ask Culture or Guess Culture? Or does it depend on who you're with?

[edit on 15 May 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Ask

and I know it's annoying

I recognize annoyed when I see it

(this is fascinating - why isn't it a whole thread?)

see?

:-)

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

(this is fascinating - why isn't it a whole thread?)

I iz outraged by thy question!!!

If I wanted a thread on it I would have done one ...

Obviously.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

obviously

:-)

so...why don't you want to?

(I'm done)

[edit on 5/15/2010 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis