It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SDog's musings and meanderings ...

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

HilaRIOUs!

"Hello. I am a Macintosh. It sure is good to get out of that bag."

"I have over 32 kB memory, and a 16 kB floppy drive. Please note my incredible speed. And marvel at my exquisite 9-inch diagonal monitor, largest in the market. (Heh. Heh. I AM the market.) All competitors beware. I am looking at YOU, Big Blue."

OH....(wiping eyes....from laughter, with just a tinge of smirk...).

(There is a wonderful Computer Exhibit at the Smithsonian...very entertaining....)

Didja know, the onboard computer that helped Apollo rockets weighed 4,500 pounds? Really, no foolin'! IBM built the monstrosity, it was on every Saturn V....'course, it didn't survive, since it never went all the way to the Moon, or nuthin'....just got thrown away, like most of the rest of the rocket....

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by The Utopian Penguin

"Burnt Toast".

(an homage....)

"Yea! Though I travel the depths of despair,

and tragedy, I fear not for

I, I smell burnt toast and know,

in my heart of hearts, darkest soul-reaching figment

of deepest soul that, in sooth....it is merely a mild stroke."

[Applause, Applause!!!]

No pentameter, just...I dunno....needs some soul music accompaniement, perhaps? A Bass cello, being thrumed....is that the proper verb form? Past-tense of 'thrum'? (Does anyone still use that word, 'thrum'? If not, they should....)

Where was I? (or, is it 'me'? No, "I" is correct....he said. Or, "Did she?".....)

And IF you can follow that stream of existialism(*) consciousness....glad you could, because I typed it, and still don't know what it meant....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(*)existentialism Had to go look up the proper spelling. I am funny, that way....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just joshin'! (About the (*)existentialism....not the spelling of, just to be clear....)

Really...have no idea.
Cool, thoughts though, huh?

So, I heard this story, about a guy who had a mouse in his house, and tried to get rid of it, and the mouse ran out into a pile of dead leaves, in the backyard, so the guy thought to himself "Hey! If I set that pile of dead leaves on fire I can rid myself of TWO problems!"

So, he did...set the pile of leaves on fire. Unfortunately for him, the mouse ran out of the leaf pyre, fur aflame, back into the house....which promptly burned down to the ground.

No moral here, at least none intended....just a fun story to ponder. IF true........

[edit on 20 April 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
enjoy

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Mmmmkay ...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Added!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

looks like she's a vegetarian too

bonus!

:-)

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

See, I was thinking she smells like Pine Sol ...

Interesting how different folks think of different thingies when they see teh same pic.

[edit on 23 Apr 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

you mean - you were afraid she smells like pine sol

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

lol, originally I wrote "spells like Pine Sol, hence teh edit ...

Oh the ironing!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I was compelled to post this here.
Never type the word "Weird" in the search bar at Youtube.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The new $100 bill design I was talking about yesterday has been unveiled, and the end result is actually something that looks vaguely European. In fact, most of the people I heard talking about it yesterday (an admittedly small sample) were complaining that the new Benjamin Franklin looks way too much like a Euro and almost nothing like a legitimate greenback. Most of that is due to the new bill’s significantly harder to counterfeit design and litany of new security measures, which are detailed in this popup.

In fact, the only thing that seems to be unchanged is the size and location of Ben Franklin’s portrait. Everything else seems to be changing. Using a technology called Motion from printing company Visual Physics, the new C-note features a 3D ribbon that moves when the bill is tilted, color-shifting ink, a Liberty Bell design that appears when the bill is shifted, and Independence Hall will now be showing its back, not its front, on the bill. www.popfi.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Extreme Makeover Home Edition needs to hire that guy...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join