It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'My hell in an Israeli jail'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by masonwatcher

Like I said before anyone can make up anything and claim it is true... How sure of you that this is true? That was the first question I asked you.

The second one I asked you was why so many anti-Isreal threads?

Why do you people get mad when I point this little "mis-haps" out?

Hey, if you want to get philosophical, how can we be sure that you are not a figment of my imagination?

How can we be sure that Israel exists? It might just be a gigantic hoax being played on atsers.

[edit on 033131p://pm3113 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I wasn’t getting philosophical I was asking a question, are you going got continue to insult me or answer the questions?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Yes Isreal treaty was ratified by the UN. And yes I fully belive when another nation goes to war against another there shall be victory or nothing at all....

Actually Israel never adhered to the UN's partition plan so it is not a full member, it just apes it.

Israel had invaded more countries than any other. You forget the Lebanon 2006? 33 days of shelling suburbs and crowded roads.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Attacking innocent people, having condemnation for everyone other than the selves. Don't ever forget the USS Liberty. isreal blatantly attacked that boat and killed lots of US citizens. I don't care what the spin on it was, i don[t care that the US got intimidated by their recklessness and psychoticness and dismissed the issue as a big misunderstanding. GO over the facts of that incident. it's very clear cut. they attacked a US ship because they felt like it. period. they wanted to flex a muscle. It's not excusable. In any way.

"but they said they were sorry and said they thought the ship with US men on deck waving at them. flying a massive 15 foot US flag and calling for help on the radio asking WTF are you guys doing?" it was all just some misunderstanding. what crap. they should have been attacked back by the us and flatened right them. they proved right then who's side they are on and who they conscider an ally. NO ONE.

really other than it was an accident, what can anybody say to justify something that clearly was no accident.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Oh he is good at doing this, insulting other membrs whom have a different opinion that he does.

Makes me wonder why the mods allow him to get away with this.

Anyways. Seems Israel is as bad as any other country, when it comes to its Prisons. Sadly the international community will turn a blind eye to this.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I wasn’t getting philosophical I was asking a question, are you going got continue to insult me or answer the questions?

You are far too sensitive. There was no insult.

You, however, made assumptions and accordingly made allegations of the veracity of the article. Why not prove you assumptions rather than speculate?

Really a straightforward process that negates your need to make demands to be answered.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

How reputable is this source?

[edit on 21-7-2009 by poedxsoldiervet]

Does that make what he posts untrue?

Certain stories stick out to certain people.

Some people UFO stories stick out, Mason obviously has israel stories stick out.

It's still news, it's still relevant, and no matter who posts it, it's still valid.

EDIT TO ASK WHY AND HOW HIS ORIGINAL QUOTE WAS CHANGED EVEN IN MY POST!

[edit on 21-7-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

I have also noticed that you have a lot of anti Isreal threads and or postings.

Bwawhahhahahaaa

You could say the same about me

But it's just a region of current events that I keep myself up to date on

Doesn't have to necessarily mean anything else.
Any why even make such an ad hominem?

You'll also see alot of threads and posts by me regarding the Federal Reverve, Economy, NWO, and threads on North Korea.

You'll also see me on space exploration, doesn't mean i'm a secret astronaut.

EDIT: Wait, did you just get two stars for Ad Hominems?

[edit on 21-7-2009 by ModernAcademia]

Most of us have a "system" by which we have a "problem" with a government, religion, politics, and so called secret society. Don't misunderstand me, we DO have secret societies, it's just for most of them their biggest concern is who's going to be the next "Grand Pubar"...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I guess I do not understand the issue with his questions they seem pretty straight forward.

1) and most import how reputable is the source. We ask this question several times a day on all sorts of topics why not here.

2) You have an Anti Israel agenda, no doubt about it . But its ok , you do not like them, but do not act like your opinion is not biased. No biggie. Its human nature.

I think IMHO when you realize both side are wrong, have been wrong and will continue to be wrong . You will be in a better place to actually see the full problem , just not 1/2

[edit on 21-7-2009 by ShiftTrio]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

reply to post by ModernAcademia

That is why it isnt an Ad hominem, this guy is a nobody, and anyone can make up anything with out any proof.

I agree with you completely! We should only believe what well recognized and respected people have to say, like George Bush and Tony Blair, Wolf Blitzer and Bill O'Reilly. All these other nobodies obviously have hidden agendas, I mean why else would they pursue a career in alternative media that makes peanuts for pay and gets almost no respect.

(just a hint of sarcasm here in case you didn't notice...
)

BTW, if criticizing the immoral policies and practices of a country makes you Anti-Israel (at least in this case), then I'd be proud to be considered anti-Israel. Just like I'd be proud to be considered anti-US, anti-China, anti-Saudi Arabia, anti-Apartheid South Africa and anti- Nazi Germany. You could almost call me anti-government, but thats probably stretching it too far...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ShiftTrio

I think we need to be clear on exactly what bias is before suggesting that someone is biassed simply because they are not neutral on an issue.

Bias - a particular tendency or inclination, esp. one that prevents unprejudiced consideration of a question; prejudice.

Prejudice - 1. an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.
2. any preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable.

Thus, people that hold a principled position against Israel's policies are not biassed, nor are they prejudiced against Israel or Israeli's unless they fit the above descriptions. I am not trying to defend the OPer's record (as I am personally unfamiliar with it), but am trying to make the point, that most seem to not understand, that one can have strong, principled views on a particular subject without being biassed whatsoever.

Claims of Anti-Israel or Anti-Semite (not that you made this claim) tend to become excuses for dealing with the actual logic of the argument being presented. Certainly there are those who can accurately be considered biassed toward Israel and Jews (as are there those biassed toward every other nationality, race, religion, etc.), but this needs to be shown through logical argumentation, not simply slapped on somebody because their point is not agreed with. Ironically, that is a form of bias itself.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dangerouslogic

Your a correct biased is perhaps not the technical word I should have used. But I have never seen a proper response on an issue showing understanding that fault is not just one sided by the initial poster . It ALWAYS the Israelis fault, no matter if the topic is. Palestinian suicide bomber kills 12 . Is that Bias? perhaps I need another word. I just think it better to look both ways be for crossing so you get the whole picture.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

The second one I asked you was why so many anti-Israel threads?

Maybe because Israel constantly commits acts that deserve extreme criticism?
Maybe because they’ve used such disproportionate replies to any incident, that its driven even the sternest peace activist against them?
Maybe because they believe being Jewish, means being allowed to do what ever they want?

I am one who believes Israel has the right to exist.
But every day they slowly erode that right, by taking away the rights of others who also deserve a right to exist.

I always found it funny with Israel... They go on and on and on about how they were pushed out of their lands, killed by the masses by an enemy with overwhelming firepower, they moan how no one came to their help..

Yet,

They are doing everything possible to push Palestinians off there land, through the use of overwhelming firepower, at the same time ensuring aid/medicine and food is cut off.

The worst part is, if at any time anyone ever criticises Israel or there actions, they are labelled anti-Semite. They are criticised, they are attacked personally. Its quite a low act to be honest.

I mean, lets be honest.
Is this fair to the natural inhabitants of this land?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

In case you have not realised, I've just come up with a short list for some of the reasons.

Israel is the only country that practices ethnic cleansing for the past six decades and gets away with it.

Israel is the only country at present still engaged in the use of concentration camps (Gaza).

Israel practises a form of brutal and cruel collective punishment favoured by the nazi.

Israel practises a form of apartheid that even black south Africans would gladly opt for their own version.

Israel is the only country that shot down a commercial airliner in distress, committing mass murder of 108 defenceless passengers and even denied involvement initially.

Israel consistently commits piracy on international waters and gets away with it.

Israel consistent use of cluster bombs on populated areas, knowing full well that children would be its prime victims.

Israel tested new weapons in Gaza designed to cause irreparable damage to limbs and body, if the victims are unfortunate enough to survive.

Israeli soldiers regularly snipes at Palestinian children from their well protected watch towers.

The list could go on forever.

For closing, this extract sums it all up:

Medea Benjamin speaks below of her trip to Gaza…

As a Jew, an American and a mother, I felt compelled to witness, firsthand, what my people and my taxdollars had done during this invasion. Visiting Gaza filled me with unbearable sadness. Unlike the primitive weapons of Hamas, the Israelis had so many sophisticated ways to murder, maim and destroy-unmanned drones, F-16s dropping “smart bombs” that miss, Apache helicopters launching missiles, tanks firing from the ground, ships shelling Gaza from the sea. So many horrific weapons stamped with Made in the USA. While Hamas’ attacks on Israeli villages are deplorable, Israel’s disproportionate response is unconscionable, with 1,330 Palestinians dead vs. 13 Israelis.

If the invasion was designed to destroy Hamas, it failed miserably. Not only is Hamas still in control, but it retains much popular support. If the invasion was designed as a form of collective punishment, it succeeded, leaving behind a trail of grieving mothers, angry fathers and traumatized children.

To get a sense of the devastation, check out a slide show circulating on the internet called Gaza: Massacre of Children. It should be required viewing for all who supported this invasion of Gaza. Babies charred like shish-kebabs. Limbs chopped off. Features melted from white phosphorus. Faces crying out in pain, gripped by fear, overcome by grief.
www.notmytribe.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

The Arab-Israeli War explains the entire situation of Israel as it is today. The reason why they spend so much on military, why they don't take "no" for an answer when it comes to protecting its sovereignty, and why it has such an aggressive stance. The Arab-Israeli War happened before the country could properly organize its infrastructure. Well trained Arab armies caught them by surprise but got beaten by makeshift militias. All the wars they've fought, they deserve that land.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Go back to before the Romans took over the region, who were the original inhabitants of this land? Jews. The Arabs seeped in after the Jewish Diaspora (that's how European Jews came to be) and took over the region only to have crusades come in and try to capture a Holy City numerous times. They were forced out long ago but they are back and they have the means to stay.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher

Israel had invaded more countries than any other.

Actually, that is incorrect and biased.

The United States of America has made a staggering number of "interventions" in an assortment of territories totaling 180. And some of those countries they went back for another round more than twice. So, to say that Israel, who has largely invaded countries after being invaded themselves, has carried out more invasions than any other is false.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Considering that the international community are seemingly impotent on the issue of prisons, why the hell would they start knocking on Israel's door expecting them to change over night when so many other countries have been doing much worse to so many others.

Anyone remember China? Anyone remember the Falun Gong? Anyone remember the stories of forced organ donations and medical experiments?

Well if you're all too busy to worry about China or Iran or Mexico, then you obviously have a personal grudge with the state of Israel. That personal grudge would make your comments biased and full of blatant favoritism. What's it gonna be?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dnevnoi

Are you Stating I have a personal grudge against Israel?

I commented:

Anyways. Seems Israel is as bad as any other country, when it comes to its Prisons. Sadly the international community will turn a blind eye to this.

If so I would like for you to show proof, on any thread in ATS which I have posted comments in. And show me where I have said I have a PERSONAL PROBLEM, with Israel?

Did you not read the part where I said their prisons were as bad as everyone else in the world. Or were you just to blind to actually read what I posted?

If you cannot then what your assumtions a completely wrong.

I also would regard your comment as a personal attack.. Such As I will be forwarding it to the Mods. Let themdealwithyou.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Why do you people get mad when I point this little "mis-haps" out?

You should ask yourself why there is so many anti-Israel threads not us. Why did the world condemn the nazis? because they did some pretty messed up stuff right? Now Israel is showing just how short it's memory is by acting in the same way.

No matter how the MSM ignores what Israel does, anyone who isn't halfwitted and has internet access can see what is going on. This is thanks to the democratizing effect that the internet has had on news. An effect which they are trying to stifle right now, so they can control it better.

I find that most people on these boards who rabidly defend Israel are often young idealistic folk, who probably still haven't come to understand just who owns the media that they get their stories from. Dig around, find independant journalism. No matter how much you look, no story is without an agenda, but if you look hard you can come close to finding unbiased sources. As a general rule, ignore state media and make careful choices about which stories to believe.

About the article itself. I know it wasn't written by the guy who ended up in jail, but I noticed two very common grammatical errors which tells me whoever wrote it was not a professional, for me at least it makes the source appear less credible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join