It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were you Dissappointed that California bought more time?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
There is an ongoing discussion about how The state of California has apparently spared itself from the axe for at least a little while. That is a meaningful discussion and you should go and contribute to it.

Thank you to kingfanpaul for that. Here is that link

I want to know something else.

I have been following this issue since it broke a couple/few months ago. In a way, I was getting some 'sick' sort of satisfaction knowing that California was gonna go 'teets up' and in my mind, that was going to escalate this dog and pony show a little bit and force the hand of TPTB.

I read the article this morning that the OP of the other link posted and my heart sank. I feel really guilty for it, but I learned today that I was HOPING for California to fail. I don't really know what to attribute it to, other than wanting things to 'get going.' I'm not happy about it, but I can't deny it. Learning about myself is sometimes ugly and painful.

What I want to know from you folks....honestly, is if you were dissappointed that California has a little more time left, or if you are optimistic that things are going to work out for that state and the rest of us.

The purpose of this thread is to find out if I am just completely off my rocker, or if others have had the same experience.

I don't think it is so much about California, as it is my personal dissatisfaction with the direction I perceive the world to be heading.

As I said, I am not PROUD that I had these thoughts, or emotions, but I would like to know if anyone else was bummed that California has seemed to have escaped death for the time being.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Personally I was hoping California would get screwed up enough to bring in the much needed tax reform to a flat tax or a fair tax.
We've been in need of that for a long time and this could have been the big chance for it.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I share your guilt for hoping CA would go down. I can maybe one up your guilt. I have a quite significant plan to profit and improve my situation should the state go on the auction block.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
All they did was put off the inevitable. In the long run this delay will only make the correction California will go through in the near future much worse.

Just like the fed pumping trillions of fake dollars into the ocean.

Wishing for California to go flat broke now is an act of mercy.

As a nation we should have gone through a stabilizing correction some 60 years ago. Instead we put it off with gimmicks and book-cooking and each bubble hence has been worse and worse.

The next one is going to be amazing to witness.

The only way out now is global economic unification under one entity and one currency. But even that will just be yet another offset bubble waiting to burst.

What has to be done, what Dr. Paul knows has to be done, probably wont be done because folks are a bunch of spoiled little children and refuse to do without.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I was hoping Cal. would collapse,not because I wish Californians ill will but because I think this country has come off the tracks,it isn't the USA I grew up in and maybe if it fails we will get the old one back(or at least get some payback from those who ruined it! Thank you obama(heavy sarcasm)

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Well...I'm really glad to hear I wasn't ALONE in my thinking...I appreciate you folks.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
With all due respect, this is not the proper forum for this discussion.
I have noticed certain people (not necessarily you OP) posting lots of topic's in this forum that should be elsewhere.

This one really doesn't belong here.

Sorry, I should mind my own business but....

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Sorry CindyMars...I thought this forum was about psychology as well as philosophy and metaphysics...

I thought having thoughts about something and wondering what they are about is kinda what psychology is about....

If it's in the wrong place, I hope someone will move it where it goes...

I was just hoping to find if thoughts of disappointment, in a seemingly positive bit of news was an isolated experience...and why.

Where would you have suggested I put it? (besides in the trash. )

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Hey I know what you mean but then anything and everything could and has been going here.

Where: Politics
Economy

Forums like that.

Sorry nevermind me.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
No I like California. What I don't get is when Gray Davis was ...on the verge...of screwing up California but hadn't quite done it, he was recalled. Why is the Governator still there???????? Where in hell is his recall???

PG

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Your alright. I appreciate your input. I was probably over-thinking it a little bit.

I had a hard time. To me, it's not really about politics and even though the negativity I experienced was in a way influenced by a side-effect of the economic situation, I didn't feel it had relevance there. It's about what's going on in my mind, and not charts and graphs about how much or little the dollar is worth.

I'm probably guilty of putting a few things in here that don't belong. Perhaps I've relied too heavily on the assumption that mods would move it if needed and applied my view of psychology too liberally.

Again, thanks for the heads-up and I'll try to be more accurate with the location.

new topics

top topics

join