It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Grants Anti-War 'Human Shields' Entry Visas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
ANKARA (Reuters) - A group of around 50 Western anti-war activists received visas Tuesday to enter Iraq where they plan to form "human shields" in an effort to deter a possible U.S.-led attack on the Arab state.
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   
"Natural Selection".... Stupid is as stupid does...
they should just shoot themselves in the head...it'd be quicker... Standing up for your beliefs is one thing...committing virtual suicide is quite another...idiots...

[Edited on 11-2-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
"Natural Selection".... Stupid is as stupid does...
they should just shoot themselves in the head...it'd be quicker... Standing up for your beliefs is one thing...committing virtual suicide is quite another...idiots...

Well, if Irak need some money for an advertisement campaign in my country, I'll give them all my money.

The " Natural selection " will do the rest, and we'll be more quite without these clowns.

It' sad, but necessary.

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I just wonder if these fools know how evil Saddam is?Have they even done any research on his past.I don't think they would be a shield if they new.

Sometimes I think human evolution stopped in some people after their first brain cell evolved.
Talk about being stuck on stupid.

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
LOL. When they get there Saddam will have them killed or they get killed in the war. They are traitors to the USA. Besisdes 50 people is not enough, they'll probaly do it nude too like they did in NY.

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Stupid anti-war protesters. They really have to be missing a few marbles. Do they honestly think the US will spare targets becauses of a few traitorous Americans ( and the military probably wouldn't even know where they are anyway ). I can just see Saddam parading the dismembered remains of these idiots accusing the US of murdering it's own citizens.
My only wish is that popeyed Susan Sarandon will go as well.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
Stupid anti-war protesters. They really have to be missing a few marbles. Do they honestly think the US will spare targets becauses of a few traitorous Americans ( and the military probably wouldn't even know where they are anyway ). I can just see Saddam parading the dismembered remains of these idiots accusing the US of murdering it's own citizens.
My only wish is that popeyed Susan Sarandon will go as well.

Mad, your right!!!. He will shoot them and cut them into pieces and and parade them around on the end of sticks and try and tell the would we did that to them ; What a bad idea. They have to be nuts!!

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   
and maybe Madonna will hop on the next bus and visit her ex, Sean Penn where they can chain each other to the water treatment plant or some oil well ,.................sheesh! these people have no common sense. If i knew that my city was going to be attacked in the near future by the worlds best military force, i think i would look for a horse( or camel) and get the heck outta Dodge!!!

[Edited on 12-2-2003 by thehippiedude]

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 03:36 AM
link   
"Mad, your right!!!. He will shoot them and cut them into pieces and and parade them around on the end of sticks and try and tell the would we did that to them ; What a bad idea. They have to be nuts!! "

will you people listen to your selves?
No one likes Saddam, least of all these protestors, but this demonising is getting intolerable.

soon Saddam will be 80ft tall with horns and a forked tongue.

jeesh.

look. I know some of you find this hard to understand but being against the war does not make you pro saddam, nordoes it make you anti USA.

It makes you against the war.

Most protestors you speek to will tell you they like saddam about as much as a bout of syphilis.

most of us are protesting the war not because we don't want him removed but because there has been little said about what will take his place.

moreover we are sceptical that this is a purely humanitarian action on the part of the US and MOSTLY because we are trying to rationalise if a war to remove saddam will damage the standard of living in Iraq more than leaving him there.

will a war kill more Iraqi's than he would.

will a war make way for a worse regime as it did in Afghanistan with the Taliban.

we want these issues discussed and they're not being.

thats why we are attempting to stop the war, not because we think Saddams a lovely guy.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Stop ranting Lupe, try for once to stay on topic. You always say the same thing. It's obvious that you try to be as annoying as possible, the question is why ?
Anyway I guess ATS is used to your ranting and most memebers have learnt to ignore it.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 04:53 AM
link   
"try for once to stay on topic. You always say the same thing. It's obvious that you try to be as annoying as possible, the question is why ?"

my post is completely on topic. it addresses the fact that this thread is suggesting people who are protesting the war are pro saddam and anti us.

grow a frontal lobe.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
Stop ranting Lupe, try for once to stay on topic. You always say the same thing. It's obvious that you try to be as annoying as possible, the question is why ?
Anyway I guess ATS is used to your ranting and most memebers have learnt to ignore it.

May be we can buy an air ticket to Lupe ? When he'll be in Irak, he will tell us what's going on there and if he is targeted or not by the USAF and the RAF.

Of course, a one-way ticket !

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lupe_101
"try for once to stay on topic. You always say the same thing. It's obvious that you try to be as annoying as possible, the question is why ?"

my post is completely on topic. it addresses the fact that this thread is suggesting people who are protesting the war are pro saddam and anti us.

grow a frontal lobe.

No the thread is about US citizens going to Iraq to offer themselves as human shields. But I guess any excuse for you to go on ranting.

" grow a frontal lobe "
HAHA, this your best response LOL. Poor Lupe. Anyway no more response needed.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 05:59 AM
link   
If you read the thread you will notice a large number of posts discussing the mental state of these people. several of them suggest that their reasoning for going to Iraq ad stopping the war is because they are Pro saddam and anti US.

This is not the case, as my post attempts to discuss.

oh and on second thoughts, don't grow a frontal lobe, I wouldn't wish self awareness on you, too cruel.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lupe_101
If you read the thread you will notice a large number of posts discussing the mental state of these people. several of them suggest that their reasoning for going to Iraq ad stopping the war is because they are Pro saddam and anti US.

This is not the case, as my post attempts to discuss.

oh and on second thoughts, don't grow a frontal lobe, I wouldn't wish self awareness on you, too cruel.

The fact is you don't know what these people are thinking. But you love to twist things to suit your own view.
Normally when someone starts hurling insults it's because they know they have a weak argument. Shame on you.
By the way, you greatly overestimate your intellect.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I don't believe there is an insult in my post that I am aware of.
it is simply countering peoples contention that the anti war lobby is pro Saddam and anti US.

As two active members of the anti war Lobby I can safely say for myself and speek for Q.O. that neither of us are anti US and neither of us are pro Saddam.

we are against the war.

Many of the people on the anti war march this friday are of the same opinion and if you check out the ant war sites you'll find they're vehemently anti Saddam Hussein.

It is simply a misconception drawn by people who wish for some strange reason to polarise the two camps, anti and pro, by stereotyping the people who subscribe to each.

You wish to think I'm twisting words to suit my own aims because its uncomfortable for you and many others to think of people being anti the war and anti saddam, it confuses the issues and disrupts the neat black and white prception you have of this war with Iraq.

glad it makes you comfortable but I'm afraid its inacurate.

please never breed.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I was just saying that you twist things to suit your opinion, which is obvious. Most posters on these subjective matters do.
As for your anti-war protestors being pro-Saddam I never said that. They would have to be completely stupid to support Saddam.
The problem is they are not prepared to do anything which might upset their little corner of the world. Saddam HUssein isn't going to be removed except by military force. The Iraqi people can't do it, the Arab countries can't do it, so it's left up to the US once again.

We must have different concepts of insults, because in I can see one in almost all your posts on this thread. Personal attacks Lupe are weak. Do you like to insult peoples intelligence, so that you can make yourself feel smart ? Very sad, I feel sorry for you. ATS seems to be your life.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   
(feels wierd, as Lupe is the name of my chihuahua, hehe...like I'm writing to my puppy
no offense meant, it actually is the puppy's name... ) Anyhow...I am not criticizing people being against the war...they are entitled to their opinion...nor was I demonizing Saddam (who, let's face it...does that well enough on his own). I am however, questioning the sanity of those going so far as to lay their lives on the line when they know that attack is all but imminent... So yes, I am calling into question their mental capacity...

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   
History is full of people who have sacrificed their lives in an attempt to prove a point / make a change in politics.

Us "liberals" often get accused of not doing anything proactive in the name of what we believe in.

MS himself just stated

"The problem is they are not prepared to do anything which might upset their little corner of the world. "

and I've heard countess times anti war protesters being called cowards, and how they would think differently if it was their neck on the line.

we're about to send a load of soldiers to raq, many of whom will probably die for the cause.
I presume you support their cause.

yet when the anti war lobby decides to go to Iraq and die for their cause they're insane?

Personally I think both groups, both anti and pro, who are intending to go to Iraq are completely off their rockers, however maybe we should exhibit a little parity in our attitude to both groups.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Members:

In every War the U.S. has fought there has been some who felt that "war" was not justified. These persons are sometimes called pacifists. And sometimes
(but not always) 'they' sympathize with the other side.

What We (all of us) must do is to remember just what it was that has made our country the envy of the entire world. And make no mistake, We are envied by the world. What is needed is to ALLOW all of our citizens the right and the opportunity to express their opinions and ideas in a forthright and unafraid manner. Thats part of what has made our country great.

My posts (as few as they are) leave no doubt as to my stand on the gathering confrontation with Iraq, but even as I stand firm with my country's position , I also say that all should be allowed to have their say in this matter.

God Bless Our Country, Our President & Our Armed Forces

USAFSS-SP
02/12/03

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join