It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The soul. Its capabilities and limitations.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I've been reading numerous accounts lately of reincarnation, astral projection, alien manipulation, etc. and my brain keeps begging the same damn thing: I'm getting all this information about my soul, and yet I don't know what it actually does.

I do have an opinion about what a soul is though. To ME, a soul is tangible. We are only limited by our own science, and someday we may find the science of the soul. The soul is a definite energy, made up of some mess of stuff that we cannot yet fully understand. Other than that, I have no real hints as to what I feel my soul is.

Now, having said that I feel I have "astral projected" a handful of times in my life. I don't know if this is my brain doing this or my soul. I do know that where I go is very real, sometimes more real than the world I sit in now. I'd like to think it is my random, focused ability to free my soul from its shell when all circumstances are just right.

I do have memories of these instances though, but they are never really communicable. My brain can't wrap itself around what I "saw." In a sense, I can still see it as if it were a memory, but there still isn't words or any one image to correlate the view within my brain. More of a feeling I guess?

When I start to hear tales of reincarnation, I start to see the soul as a very limited entity. For one, most anybody who would have been reincarnated is not inherently able to remember their last life. Therefor the soul has no definite memory. Or rather, it is suffering from amnesia. This begs the question: why would anyone be reincarnated anyway? If we are back on earth to right the wrongs of our past, why aren't we able to remember the wrongs so that we may right them?

See where it starts getting convoluted?

I'll stop rambling and create a short list of questions which I'd love input on.

1. Does the soul have a memory or are memories only attached to the brain with which the soul once roomed with?

2. Is the soul a thing, or is it just magic?

3. Do we experience many lives or is there some soul factory out in the cosmos that keeps filling meat puppets with spiritual entities?

4. Why does the soul not retain information? If it does, why does it take being put out by a hypnotist to remember past lives?

5. In what way is the soul actually us? With no memory of past occurrences and no personality (?) per se, it fails to be our identity in any way.

I've had a really long day at work and my brain is mush, so I'm going to recharge with a little nap and come back to be enlightened by all you spiritually-intellectual types.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The soul is only a biological computer that is your brain. Its sad i know.

Unfortunatly an afterlife doesnt exist and all that we are is mearly a tapistry of memories. The only GOD that exists is that of causality and it truley will lead you unto all knowledge should you have faith in it.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus

I'll stop rambling and create a short list of questions which I'd love input on.

1. Does the soul have a memory or are memories only attached to the brain with which the soul once roomed with?

3. Do we experience many lives or is there some soul factory out in the cosmos that keeps filling meat puppets with spiritual entities?

4. Why does the soul not retain information? If it does, why does it take being put out by a hypnotist to remember past lives?

5. In what way is the soul actually us? With no memory of past occurrences and no personality (?) per se, it fails to be our identity in any way.

1. I believe the soul has a memory, but not in the same sense that we think of as memory. It is my belief that the soul resides on the 4th dimension of existence and is therefore incapable of experiencing time as we perceive it, and therefore its memory of past, present and future does not exist. Rather it all exists at once. And that could be the reason for this amnesia, our brains simply could not handle that kind of input so it is blocked.

2. Depends on what you believe.

3. There is no physical evidence to either one of those. Although some believe in reincarnation, there are still supposed sightings of Ghosts and spirits. Which could lead us to believe that both reincarnation and forever damnation are real. Meaning there are probably an infinite amount of souls and offshoots of a single universal consciousness.

4. In my belief, as earlier stated. The information is too much for us to handle. And even a hypnotist is only to bring out bits and pieces and often times are scrambled to all hell. Because the soul is trying to feed us information in which we do not understand. Think of it this way. You try to run a mac program on windows. You cannot. You therefore have to get a mac emulator for your PC in order to do it. Even then, the emulator is extremely limited and only so much can be done. Think of our minds and souls the same way. Our brain has to run an emulator in order to receive information that does not have a temporal signature or meaning, and therefore extremely limited.

5. The soul can be seen as anything you want. It can be an immaterial object outside your body. It can be the subconscious. I believe the soul to be just one atom among a vast body of a single entity. Its own identity is dictated by itself, just like you dictate how you wish to be in this lifetime.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Well first, thanks for writing about a very dear subject of mine. Great OP, S&F btw. In any case I am going to enjoy answering your questions, me and you have the same view minus a few differences.

You are not your body. This is something that in my meditations has been communicated many times. How, I can't really explains. Kind of like conversations with my soul.

You have the collective memory of all your past lives, future lives and whatever over existance you may have had. You are simply limited by time and space at the moment. We are confined to this material realm.

The soul IS you. You are your soul. It is something that exists within you and governs every aspect of your existance. The thing that makes you think is your soul.

This is an interesting questions. The concept prison planet can be used to describe what I think we are experiencing. The universe continually produces new life, it's the only purpose it has. Our reality is simply the combination of everybody else's individual reality. This is why the Universe is ever expanding.

The soul retains all information. We are simply at the moment incapable of doing so on our own. The veil of disinformation spreads even to the core of our existance. Hyptnosis is a great tool because it shuts down the "veil" part of existance, leaving only the countless stories and experiences of the past.

That is not true friend. Everything you are is the result of something you've experienced before. Take for example the first time you heard your favorite genre of music. Don't you find it strange that without any sort of knowledge or experience of such things, a passion would emerge from that SINGLE experience?

Granted you can develop the love of something even if you hated it before. In my experiences with meditation and Astral Projection I have seen my past lives, and relived the emotions and memories of those times. Some will call it a day dream, others just a figment of my imagination, but not me.

These were real things that occured to me, or the vessels in which my soul inhabited at that time. Nothing can ever be destroyed. If you look around you, everything that's here, every building, grain of sand and even every molecule, has been here since the Earth was created.

Nothing has been added except for what has fallen from the sky. Which is relatively small if you compare the actual size of the Earth. All of that matter, has just continually been recycled for centuries and millenia.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic, but those are my answers to your questions, and how I personally feel about the soul and what it means to me.

~Keeper

[edit on 7/21/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If you want the truth, you've come to the wrong place, because no one knows the answers to your questions. All they can offer is opinions & conjecture.

If there is such a thing as recarnation or an afterlife and we have lived many lives, then the fact that we can't recall any of them is probably because we are not meant too. I just watched the movie Paycheck the other day which is about time travel and seeing & predicting the future. If we could all do this and knew what the future was before it even happened, then what would be the point of playing the game of life? Life would be meaningless, especially if the only future you could see was nothing, but doom & gloom.

Paycheck
Most of newspaper headlines that outline Allcom's rising success due to a device that can predict the future and political battles over the technology, leading to self-fulfilling prophecies and a final image showing a planet devastated by nuclear war. The two come to realize that Jennings must have been working on this time predictive device while at Allcom, reverse engineering the details from Dekker, and that Jennings, having discovered this grim future, took steps to try to prevent it, including providing himself with all the needed items to stay out of danger after using the device to see into his own immediate future. Jennings also had managed to disable the device just prior to leaving Allcom, rendering it useless for Rethrick to attempt to use to trace him down.

As for the soul, I don't think it has any limitations. The soul probably has complete access to the matrix. It's the human body & mind that is limited. You can't for example squeeze all of the knowledge that is available to your soul into a mind the size of a teacup, if the knowledge itself takes up an entire ocean. It's just not possible, the best you can hope for is to make sense of the fragments that filter down into your consciousness.

Life itself is probably just like school, we are all here to learn, but unfortunately none us seem to know what the end goal is, that's if there even is one.
Life could so easily be a meaningless simulation & we are simply the entertainment.
Who knows, there's a million possibilities.

Mr. Toodles
Interesting answers.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by kindred]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
My take on the soul issue is this:

You've heard of the "veil" and that once we are incarnated a "veil" is pulled over our "eyes" and we become removed from our true nature/knowing/what-have-you.

I believe this is akin to being "removed from God". I believe reincarnation is simply a do-over for the soul. You most likely come back until you get it right. My belief is that this is what is meant when Christianity (i am not Christian by the way) teaches that Christ said that by living in accordance to his teachings you receive the gift of everlasting life, if not, you are doomed to die. I think that until you get it right, you are "doomed" to be reincarnated into this physical world in which you will die over and over again until you "get it right" and will not have to reincarnate again, therefore, not have to experience a physical death again, receiving eternal life.

Anyhoo, I believe the soul is tangible. I believe it is pure light and energy. But once incarnated into a physical body I think that maybe things kinda get "lost in translation". I think that being in a physical body has it's limits. i think this physical world removes us from fully being aware of the non-physical world and it's kind of a price we have to pay for not getting it. And we're doomed to repeat this until we can figure it out.

With all that said, I think it MIGHT answer your question about a soul factory if you take into consideration that time isn't linear and so if you were to reincarnate I'm pretty sure the soul isn't limited to only being able to reincarnate in a time that is "after" you died before. It may be possible to reincarnate either before you were alive or even possibly while you are alive. so If you have a set number of souls but some souls are existing in multiples at simultaneous times, you can account for the increase in populations? You also have to think along the lines of there being other planets with souls and, even more far fetched, if every living thing has a soul and is able to "graduate" that could account for the increase in human souls and the decrease in animal and plant populations (extinction and deforestation?)

I know that sounds CRAZY but it's just a thought. And it's pretty interesting to even just ponder on whether or not it's true. It's by no means something that I hold to be an absolute. I don't know everything I'm saying is true or not. But based on my own search for knowledge, these are just some ideas that I've come up with that really seem to give me adequate answers. Maybe they will for you too.

It is frustrating, however, believing this stuff yet not really being able to experience it or to know that I have and I just can't remember.

Don't forget that there is about 90% of our brain we supposedly don't use (more like don't know what it is used for) and that we consider a large portion of our DNA "Junk DNA" (probably because we can't figure out what it is used for either) So that's a large portion of both of these profound materials in our bodies that we can't even fully figure out the entire purpose for, yet we pertain to know all the answers when it comes to life and the creation of it?

It's entirely possible that we do have some sort of storage of this knowledge in our brains but because we lack the understanding and the ability to we can't access it. It's also possible that this physical world is so constraining that to even be able to access these memories could make someone go insane. maybe that's even why some people are insane. Who knows? If you think about the limitless possibilities of the soul it's hard to imagine a way to fit the infinite energy of the soul into a finite piece of matter such as the brain.

Welcome to the rabbit hole, my friend. It is most definitely a very strange ride and sometimes it gets to the point where it seems to not even apply to your life anymore but, IMO, that's what makes it even more fun to keep falling into that hole.

end of semi-incoherent ramble...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Why do people spout off that stupid 10% brain crap? If you used all of your brain at once you would crap, wet yourself, smell strawberrys, and laugh while crying uncontrollably.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

When I start to hear tales of reincarnation, I start to see the soul as a very limited entity. For one, most anybody who would have been reincarnated is not inherently able to remember their last life. Therefor the soul has no definite memory. Or rather, it is suffering from amnesia. This begs the question: why would anyone be reincarnated anyway? If we are back on earth to right the wrongs of our past, why aren't we able to remember the wrongs so that we may right them? See where it starts getting convoluted? I'll stop rambling and create a short list of questions which I'd love input on.

Hi,

The soul agrees to retaining little memory of what exists prior to incarnating. It does this because the only reason we are here is for the unique Experiences here provides. Having all knowledge would make that impossible to achieve because we would know in advance what was about to occur and we would avoid many of those things.... and they are the exact experiences we really want to have.

So, it's not the Soul that lacks memory, it is the tiny porion of awareness we have within the body that has limited memory via agreement.

Also, we do not reincarnate to right any past wrongs, we choose to come here for each set of experiences available to us in each lifetime. As humanity creates more experiences to have, we the soul continue to return for them.

To your questions now..

1. Souls have all memory. We humans have limited memory.

2. One Soul is one portion of the universes energetic awareness. We can understand this better if we accepted that the universe disseminated into heavier/denser versions of itself in order to create experiences for itself. The reasoning for this is so it can come to know itself and its abilities, just as we do when growing from baby to elderly. As above so below takes on a new meaning now.

3. Yes we experience many lives, and not just on this little ball in space, but in every level of awareness beyond it. And, because a Soul is huge and powerful it chooses experiences at the same time in different worlds. Sometimes a Soul will have more than one incarnate in this world at the same time.

4.The soul remembers everything. We use hypnotics and other methods to reach the deepest memories of what we are. This process allows us to usually pass the agreed memory veil by getting into the sub-conscious level.. the part of us we are not aware of, but that itself is extremely aware.

5. The soul is you because the human you are is one small portion of your massive soul. The soul is what drives or energizes the physical form you wear in each life.. you are the driver of that vehicle. And it's job is only to move your awareness around in this 3rd dimension reality.

It is your greater identity, it is what you really are, only you do not know this because of a number of things...A/ the agreed lack of memory.. B/ the indoctrination we all get from birth that tells us who and wht you are and what is expected of you.. just for starters.

Once you begin to have direct experience of the soul that you are, you begin to get your own memories back so that you do come to know what and who you are and why you chose to be here this time.

Finally, I feel so sorry for those who believe anything about anything, because they do not know from their own experiences as yet. Which can cuase such statements as the soul being the brain... which it is most clearly not.. as you experience being you even when the brain is dead and long gone. Because you experiece you the Soul when the body fades away.

I can say these things because I have spent the major part of this life in and out of our 3D reality, travelled the astral realms and awakened my memories myself from direct contact and experience of me the soul.... that's over 35 years experimenting and experiencing the non-solid reality around us.

Hope this has been some help.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
First off, let me thank everyone very personally for your opinions. I believe that this is a never-ending subject which we should all ponder daily. The closer we come to understanding the closer we come to shuffling out of this mortal coil.

I saw some of you believe in Dualism, in that our souls are all interconnected. Almost like one being in which we channel different parts of. Dualism interests me on a deeper level, because I don't necessarily believe we are all connected, but it is a fascinating subject.

As for you who see us as purely organic, I certainly believed that until I began deep meditation therapy and eventually projection. It may be a product of my mind, I just don't believe it as such anymore.

I will try to get to all of you, but I must agree with some of this poster's opinion first.

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

You are not your body. This is something that in my meditations has been communicated many times. How, I can't really explains. Kind of like conversations with my soul.

You have the collective memory of all your past lives, future lives and whatever over existance you may have had. You are simply limited by time and space at the moment. We are confined to this material realm.

The soul IS you. You are your soul. It is something that exists within you and governs every aspect of your existance. The thing that makes you think is your soul.

This is an interesting questions. The concept prison planet can be used to describe what I think we are experiencing. The universe continually produces new life, it's the only purpose it has. Our reality is simply the combination of everybody else's individual reality. This is why the Universe is ever expanding.

The soul retains all information. We are simply at the moment incapable of doing so on our own. The veil of disinformation spreads even to the core of our existance. Hyptnosis is a great tool because it shuts down the "veil" part of existance, leaving only the countless stories and experiences of the past.

That is not true friend. Everything you are is the result of something you've experienced before. Take for example the first time you heard your favorite genre of music. Don't you find it strange that without any sort of knowledge or experience of such things, a passion would emerge from that SINGLE experience?

Granted you can develop the love of something even if you hated it before. In my experiences with meditation and Astral Projection I have seen my past lives, and relived the emotions and memories of those times. Some will call it a day dream, others just a figment of my imagination, but not me.

These were real things that occured to me, or the vessels in which my soul inhabited at that time. Nothing can ever be destroyed. If you look around you, everything that's here, every building, grain of sand and even every molecule, has been here since the Earth was created.

Nothing has been added except for what has fallen from the sky. Which is relatively small if you compare the actual size of the Earth. All of that matter, has just continually been recycled for centuries and millenia.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic, but those are my answers to your questions, and how I personally feel about the soul and what it means to me.

~Keeper

[edit on 7/21/2009 by tothetenthpower]

The music thing really spoke to me because I am a musician. And this is an absolute fact about me: I knew how to sing an entire tears for fears song phonetically before I could actually speak a cogent sentence. I am obsessed with music in every sense and there is no inherent reason for me to be like this other than that I am built for it.

As far as a soul being limited by your body, I mean, that just sounds frustrating to me. My soul is infinitely more advanced and ethereal than my vehicle, but I have to ride around in it anyway? That makes me a little sad actually. I'd like to meet my soul's potential instead of being tethered to this big goofy body.

I definitely believe there are things within me that have not been programmed in my lifetime. i just don't know exactly what they are.

So what do I do? In what way can I speak to my soul and allow it to learn more coherently, more apart from my limited physical being?

Again, thanks for all the responses. Top notch from everyone!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   

That makes me a little sad actually. I'd like to meet my soul's potential instead of being tethered to this big goofy body.

I definitely believe there are things within me that have not been programmed in my lifetime. i just don't know exactly what they are.

So what do I do? In what way can I speak to my soul and allow it to learn more coherently, more apart from my limited physical being?

Again, thanks for all the responses. Top notch from everyone!

Firstly Santa, where's the bike I asked for last christmas?

You can experience the potential of the soul you are. And from my perspective becoming fully aware at soul level is what we humans are meant to do as the highest version of ourselves. Meaning, obtaining the awareness ticket home.. Ascension.. is not the primary goal here, but rather that we will evolve and awaken to be that most amazing being here in this flesh world.

I cannot foresee that we are intending to simply go along with the demise of culture/society and be wiped off the planet. Instead, I really do think we are to step up and move ahead after the demise into a greater reality, a bigger picture version of life on earth.

But I could be wrong, after all I did believe in Santa until I didn't get a bike

Oh, and you could start your personal search on my website if you'd like. It's nothing fancy, just plainly worded concepts based on my own experiences for the greater part of this life.. and, where the simplest methods to have direct experience are described for those inclined to experiment for themselves outside the box. These methods have been taught for over ten years now and work well for the majority of people who take their experiences as pointing direction for their own further research.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
This really helps me put things into perspective sometimes:

From Comedian Bill Hicks (BRILLIANT Man):

Matter is energy condensed into a slower vibration. We are all one consciousness experiencing itself SUBJECTIVELY. There is no such thing as death. Life is just a dream. And we are all just imaginations of ourselves.

Pretty dang profound...

edit: typos & deleted original response

[edit on 23-7-2009 by nunya13]

[edit on 23-7-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I know its been inactive for a few days but here goes.

I don't really claim to be part of any religion, but the Wiccans have, in my opinion, the best view on your soul and the after life. In short, when you die, you go to "Heaven", where you (as your true self, your soul) recoups. All the while you are up there, you converse with your spirit guides and mentors (older souls) and decide your look, your personality, and what you will experiance while you are on earth, good and bad. If you commit suicide, you get reincarnated and have to live those same experiances again and again, until yuo can figure out how to over come it. thats general and quickly explained. Once you know enough and have been backa nd forth a few times, you become a mentor. thats 1 and 2 and 3 if u read it good.

Your SOUL retains the info, but when you come back (as a person), you have a new body, which means a new brain. You catch glimpses of past lives in moments of clairity, Dejavu, Dreams, etc... there is 4

We are our soul, once we r out of our so called "meat sac"... see above statements. In my opinion anyone who deems earth as the end of the line is a fool, so is ne1 who thinks the next life is fluffy coulds in teh sky. and 5

My opinions of course. no fact. but i think its pretty good insight.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

I've been reading numerous accounts lately of reincarnation, astral projection, alien manipulation, etc. and my brain keeps begging the same damn thing: I'm getting all this information about my soul, and yet I don't know what it actually does.

I do have an opinion about what a soul is though.

To the OP ... you've started this thread to ruminate about the soul and it's attributes, capabilities, etc ... which is all well and good.

Unfortunately though, there's ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF of the existance of the soul so any comments or responses made based on the assumption of the soul's existance can never be anything more than wishfull thinking and guessing.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Dear Santa,
I know that I asked for "it" for Xmas, 32 years ago.
"it" being. "I wished to know WHY?" and of course in your kindness you gave it to me. However I think there is some wickedness in you as well.
It is a extremely life changing gift.
When it comes to the questions that only I know, it is a force that compels me to reply, and now WHY has begun to over lap How and What.
Well, any way I do thank you, for the granting of that wish.
However it was September 17 TH, but I do feel like I would still have a lot more hair if it had never come to me. Your E-Pal [email protected]
"reincarnation, astral projection, alien manipulation, etc." SC
None of these have any relative link to Soul. Please allow me to give you the state of things.
First, to snow plow the way clear, cause there is much illusion and shackles upon the place that the soul occupies. It may be necessary to step into a parallax, (shift the place that you stand) to have a clear view. (WHYMASTER)
The soul is a fabrication of the Self.
It's continuum is formed in the mental body, and is very necessary for the ability to make judgments on others and the Self.
The soul is formed in conflict with the ( what is) and the (what should- be.)
(What-is) is Ever Changing and (what- should-be) is Fixed, though for only short points in the mind.
The continuum of the soul is as enduring as long as the Self exist, both are Illusions.
The soul/ Self is the outcome of eating from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, (So T0 Speak) and is the beginning of all duality and conflict, in our Being.
When the observer sees only the things that relate to the Self, and in so doing, abandons the observation of the Present and dwells on the Events that becomes fix in the Past to boaster the Self.
The soul is a subterfuge to replace the Compassion of Human Spirit with the Judgment of the Self.
The Human and Mankind are not and can not be the same Being.
A Human is a Humane Being, unlike, The Self, with the soul of Mankind.
The Self must abandon compassion to gratify the Self. (WHYMASTER)

Dear Santa,
Please start a separate thread on Astral Projection, there is no relationship between soul and the Astral Reality.
The Astral is formed from the Physical Being and the Mental Being, and are real states of existence.
There is a dire need for those, that can access the Astral Being, to help Coma Patients, that are often sweep away from their Physical Body, by the back wash of Solar flares.
We cannot force them to re-enter their Physical Body , but we can bring them near to their Physical and help them understand their plight, so they can strengthen their Will enough, to re-enter this painful world or Not. (WHYMASTER)
Dear Santa,
Again I would request that you make a separate thread for Reincarnation. The soul has no relationship to the Physical existences of your Spirit.
Incarnation has a Physical Place and Time Christ/Buddha/Spirit all share the same meaning,(GOD in the Body) or more correctly our part/portion in the Body of GOD.
We have the potential to reanimate at need and occupy those Spaces, it is not only ease, it is a necessary place, with-in the (E-WATT Being) (Every-Where All The Time Being) "GOD"
The (E-WATT Being) (GOD) is not a judgmental Being and hence has no relationship to the soul. (WHYMASTER)
Yes, and/or are both correct. (WHYMASTER)

Yes, Like a Jar full of marbles, once the jar is gone, the marbles fall into Grace.
( Grace- a better word than Magic) (So to Speak) (WHYMASTER)

Yes, we experience many lives, there is a limited means to do so, and there is a physical link to each.
It is not a random as many assume and if that link has not ended, as any limb on the Tree of Life might End.
Then there may be many more seasons of lives ahead.
This I may go into in depth if you wish. (WHYMASTER)

The soul dose retain information but only as it relates to the Self, once the Self is abandon so are the self/judgment based information.
The hypnotist can reanimate the where/when of the reincarnation but not the self/that may have formed there in it's parasitic state. (WHYMASTER)

None,in no way is soul a reality that endures.
There is no need for the occupant of Spirit to maintain personality. (WHYMASTER)

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I do have an opinion about what a soul is though. To ME, a soul is tangible. We are only limited by our own science, and someday we may find the science of the soul. The soul is a definite energy, made up of some mess of stuff that we cannot yet fully understand. Other than that, I have no real hints as to what I feel my soul is.

Autowrench: I will try to answer your questions the best I can, I have some knowledge of this.
What you refer to as the soul is Energy. Pure Energy. Look that word up. Energy cannot be destroyed, and exists forever, it is, in effect, immortal, if the fact of mortality is attached to the energy field. You are right that we do not yet fully understand these things, we are as children here.

Now, having said that I feel I have "astral projected" a handful of times in my life. I don't know if this is my brain doing this or my soul. I do know that where I go is very real, sometimes more real than the world I sit in now. I'd like to think it is my random, focused ability to free my soul from its shell when all circumstances are just right.

Autowrench: Astral projection is when the soul leaves the human body. They do this all the time, our higher Selves are like a divine being, and I think they play together at night, while the body sleeps. The Key is to become one with the Higher Self. When you "astral project," you travel in other dimensions of time and space. We live in the 3rd. world dimension, and because of this cannot yet see into other dimensions. the 4th. dimension is the world of the dead, and also where the control freaks which may or may not be alien control the world, and are slowly but surely gaining control of each and every human being. They are interested in our soul only, our human bodies are collectively called "containers." John Lear was very informative about this, you all should not have ran him off.

Humanity is not a one faceted thing. A human being is actually three separate beings. First there is you, the person, you have an inner child self, a middle self, where you live now, and a higher self, the divine you. I consider myself lucky that I have seen my Higher Self, and I will describe this to you. The knowledge came from this book:
The Golden Dawn by Israel Regardie
/muclvy

At the height of the ritual I performed, (read the book if you really want to know) I clearly saw my higher Self(s) I put the (S) for a reason, which I will explain. What I saw was two beings, one male, one female, and both had wings. This is probably where the legends of Angels came from. The beings were beautiful to behold. They were "Light" beings, that is they glowed. They looked almost exactly alike, but there was a clear division of male/female there. They told me things, and showed me things, things only for me to see, and for me to experience. The ritual itself is not difficult to perform, but it does take a long time. The end result is you are in another dimension. there were no after effects either.

I do have memories of these instances though, but they are never really communicable. My brain can't wrap itself around what I "saw." In a sense, I can still see it as if it were a memory, but there still isn't words or any one image to correlate the view within my brain. More of a feeling I guess?

Autowrench:
We all have these memories, you see the memories are stored for all time, and if your connection is good, they are yours at any time. You say your brain cannot wrap itself around this, and that is true, you must make your brain wrap around it. I am a product of years of endless research, so I can wrap my mind around anything that is somewhat tangible, even though I do not always trust my eyes. I question everything, and a things, or fact must check out three different ways to become a fact in my mind, and even then it can be deleted if further facts show it to be untrue. I say the word "believe" quite a bit, but I do not really have a belief system, such as a religious dogmatic belief, what I have is Ideas, which can be changed. Beliefs can never be changed.

When I start to hear tales of reincarnation, I start to see the soul as a very limited entity. For one, most anybody who would have been reincarnated is not inherently able to remember their last life. Therefor the soul has no definite memory. Or rather, it is suffering from amnesia. This begs the question: why would anyone be reincarnated anyway? If we are back on earth to right the wrongs of our past, why aren't we able to remember the wrongs so that we may right them?

Autowrench:
I see it the other way, instead of being limited, it is rather unlimited, but! There is a Control Factor in place here, make no mistake about it. You are right that the soul itself has not the memories of former lives, these are washed away when one goes through the birth waters. We are all born with a direct connection to the divine, to the Collective Intelligence that we call the mind. The better the connection, the better the memories, the more knowledge one has. Religions and Teachers try to take away these connections, but this must be resisted.

See where it starts getting convoluted?

I've had a really long day at work and my brain is mush, so I'm going to recharge with a little nap and come back to be enlightened by all you spiritually-intellectual types.

Autowrench: I truly hope that I have helped you to understand the human soul. I know that some in here think I am completely crazy, so take that into consideration here too. I preach no "gospel" and think everyone should research this for themselves, for to research and find facts is way better than having someone else tell them to you.

new topics

top topics

join