It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-22 funding just cut off by Senate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Just watched a CNN story stating that our Senate just voted to stop funding the F-22. This leaves jobs in 40 states up in the air. The best fighter aircraft ever built was just killed. With the trillions being wasted on bank bailouts our wonderful leaders decide to cut air dominance. Whats next, the Ford aircraft carrier???

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by on_yur_6
Just watched a CNN story stating that our Senate just voted to stop funding the F-22. This leaves jobs in 40 states up in the air. The best fighter aircraft ever built was just killed. With the trillions being wasted on bank bailouts our wonderful leaders decide to cut air dominance. Whats next, the Ford aircraft carrier???

I hate how UFO's and Disclosure worm their way into every thread.....BUT?

The F-22 may not be the most effective weapon for Air Dominance in the very near future!

At least I hope they have something up their sleeve, otherwise our Congress is even more inept than I thought, and that is difficult, because I didn't think my opinion of them could get any lower!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
i am in the military stationed at a F-22 base and you should see how they use to baby this thing, although it is an amazing machine and the storys i have heard about it have far surpassed the f-15 yet the F-15 is 105-0 (i believe) in air combat, not sure why you would need a new aircraft yet anyways. way to go on spending that money!!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This makes me wonder if this is another piece of the puzzle for the "Destruction of Amerca".

They are destroying jobs on purpose to bring this baby down!

The automobile sector and it's jobs have been ruined in America!

The commercial aircraft industry and it's jobs have and still are being lost in America!

Now they are hitting the last of our good paying blue collar jobs the Military Aviation sector!

Lot's of good people have will and are loosing their jobs and their ENTIRE FUTURE this is sad

I work in Aviation and this is the last safe sector that had some promise to keep some of us a job.... Noe it's slowly fading as well.

[edit on 7/21/2009 by Chaos Lord]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentXI

You certainly don't want to wait until your airforce gets its ass handed to it in a future conflict before developing the next generation fighter. The F-15 is an amazing aircraft. Head to Head with some properly trained pilots in the latest that Sukhoi has to offer and the F-15 will be in trouble. Many countries have training that far surpasses what the F-15 pilots have encountered thus far. Many of those countries also have early warning aircraft to help coordinate their aircraft.

100 million in interest per day for the latest "stimulus" package and Obama goes on air acting like he is the responsible parent for cutting the funding for the F-22. I hope many of you are right that we have something better in the wings but I doubt it. It's not being massed produced so it won't be a lot of good when it comes time to defend our country and it's interests. Combine this with the proposed nuclear cuts and our President is just following the left agenda to cut the military, increase social programs, and raise taxes for citizens.

I really wonder what is next and what our armed forces will look like come 2012.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Chaos Lord

I couldn't agree more. I highly suspect our shipyards are next on the list. If we lose that type of knowledge it will take a long time to recover if we need to build more ships.

What do you think is in store for the F-35?

OBTW I'm also a licensed A&P Mechanic and licensed FCC General Radiotelephone Operator. But I'm no longer in the aviation sector. The jobs are to few and far between and the pay has been cut to nothing.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by on_yur_6]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by on_yur_6

I do believe they got better toys you may not be aware of.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
They will probably quit funding on that....

And they won't leave the freakin V-22 alone!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I know very little about the F-22 and military aviation in general. But from a citizen's perspective I can't believe they would cut a few billion dollars in funding for an product the employs thousands of Americans but have no problem giving banks billions of billions. I think it was going to cost our country an extra 1.something billion for another 7 or so F-22s. Wow big deal! Obama and our Senate are morons. What's the difference betwee 187 and another 7? LMAO! Government is a joke nowadays. I'd much rather have my tax money go to build more F-22s than bail out some bankers.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The OP's post is about JOBS!

These people aren't gonna waltz into Area 51 and build TR3B's!! (UFO's)!!!

link   
THis is a major victory, I believe. Say what you will about Obama's spending spree, but I think health care is a more noble goal to achieve as opposed to a fighter aircraft that was the brainchild of the Cold War. By reducing production on the F-22, our Soldiers and Marines will have everything they need in order to fight off insurgents and terrorists all around the world. That's where the money needs to go.

As for you doomsayers thinking that the U.S. is losing air supremacy, get this. No other miltiary in the world has the education, training and logistics capability of the United States. The idea that China, India and Russia are able to match the U.S. in terms of air superiority is laughable. Yes, they do have superior fighters. But how much flying time do their pilots get? Is there enough spare parts and support personnel avialiable to keep these planes in the air on a constant basis? Also, how viable is an air-to-air confrontation between all these powers? You're talking about a threat that exists only in theory.

As for jobs, one job is worth nothing compared to the national security of the United States.

link   
Change the F-35 by adding another engine on it, making it look like the F-22.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sweatmonicaIdo

Oh come on national healthcare is going to ruin this country. Anyways, you're missing my point. What is another 1 or 2 billion on a product that employs millions of Americans. Is now the time to be cutting something like this? I mean it's crazy. We'll bailout Wallstreet who doesn't produce # yet we don't want to fund another 7 aircraft? It's a farce.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Change the F-35 by adding another engine on it, making it look like the F-22.

Ahhh you know of the contraversy?

No new engine for the F-35!

Give the funding back to the Huey upgrade program!

The people building the F-35 get to keep their jobs with the F-35 as it is!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
THis is a major victory, I believe. Say what you will about Obama's spending spree, but I think health care is a more noble goal to achieve as opposed to a fighter aircraft that was the brainchild of the Cold War. By reducing production on the F-22, our Soldiers and Marines will have everything they need in order to fight off insurgents and terrorists all around the world. That's where the money needs to go.

As for you doomsayers thinking that the U.S. is losing air supremacy, get this. No other miltiary in the world has the education, training and logistics capability of the United States. The idea that China, India and Russia are able to match the U.S. in terms of air superiority is laughable. Yes, they do have superior fighters. But how much flying time do their pilots get? Is there enough spare parts and support personnel avialiable to keep these planes in the air on a constant basis? Also, how viable is an air-to-air confrontation between all these powers? You're talking about a threat that exists only in theory.

As for jobs, one job is worth nothing compared to the national security of the United States.

And let me guess your another democrat/republican brainwashed sheeple. And have probably already signed you and your whole family up at your local clinic to get four Swine Flu vaccine next month.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
For all of you who think we need the F-22 oh so urgently, please convince me that a grave threat is presented by the Indian Air Force, the People's Liberation Army Air Force and the Russian Air Force. Convince me.

They have great air forces, but they CANNOT challenge the U.S. We simply hold too many advantages. The other three countries are all extremely limited in how they can deploy their air power as well.

I would also like for you all to explain to the Soldiers and Marines fighting in Afghanistan why they haven't been getting enough body armor, spare parts and whatever else they need to succeed in a protracted war.

You all speak as if we're not spending a cent on defense anymore, that we're just looking for another peace dividend. We are simply choosing to spend the money smarter.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Thats not true, the Russians, Chinese and the Indians (even if allies) are also developing their own version of I guess we could say 5th generation aircraft. Its better to stay ahead than let complacency take hold of us. By the time we realize how far behind we are it would take years to respond in building an aircraft to match a possible opponent.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I hope that was sarcasm?!?

Without a strong economy there is no security! Without jobs, we are our own worst enemy! Without jobs, there is no tax-base for ANY military! One manufacturing job creates about 11 support function jobs!

One million high-end manufacturing jobs and their cascade effect could put 10-20 million out of work! It could devastate entire communities or even entire states!

Without strong manufacturing bases, there is no need for banks, realtors, construction companies, fast food, grocery stores, barbers, pet-sitters, etc., etc.........up to and ultimately meaning there is no need for .....................Government!!!

Ghost towns do not elect mayors!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Thats not true, the Russians, Chinese and the Indians (even if allies) are also developing their own version of I guess we could say 5th generation aircraft. Its better to stay ahead than let complacency take hold of us. By the time we realize how far behind we are it would take years to respond in building an aircraft to match a possible opponent.

Key word, DEVELOPING. Last I checked, India did not even have a name for its Medium Combat Aircraft, which is not even expected to have its first test flight until 2012. Meanwhile, the U.S. has 187 F-22s. An aircraft that still exists in clay model form vs. 187 F-22s... who wins?

The Chinese J-XX does not even have a number yet. All of China's 5th generation fighter programs are still in concept form. We may not even see any substantial success in modernization until at least 2015.

As for the Russians, where is their funding? Where is their logistical support? That's right, there's not much of it. Proponents of the F-22 fail to recognize just how far ahead we are.

Finally, I cannot emphasize education and training enough. I will take the better-trained American pilot in an F-15C Eagle over a pilot of average training and skill in a Su-35 any day of the week. And that's not some nationalistic sentiment at work, that's because our people, especially in the USAF, are just that good.

How "far behind we are?" I did not realize the P-51 still serves as the backbone of the USAF.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

And what about our Soldiers and Marines? How will they get all the little things they need if all our money goes to maintaining these "jobs?"

And if you're so worried, look at it this way. We increasing funding for the Army and Marine Corps, then the jobs go someplace else. Its not as if the jobs disappeared.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join