It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Allowed to Interrogate at Gitmo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Were Chinese Agents at Gitmo?

A fight is brewing between Capitol Hill and the Pentagon over allegations that Chinese government agents were allowed to interrogate some detainees at Guantánamo Bay.

Jay Alan Liotta, principal director of the Defense Department office responsible for detainee policy, told a House subcommittee on Thursday that he would not publicly comment on whether officials from China or any other nation were granted access to foreign citizens held at the detention facility.

He offered to release that information to the committee during a closed, classified session. Lawmakers weren’t happy about his answer. Rep. James P. Moran , D-Va., said he would introduce an amendment to strip funding for Liotta’s office if the Defense Department does not disclose, in open session, whether a Chinese delegation was allowed to question Guántanamo detainees who are members of a Muslim minority in China called the Uighurs.

The former detainees testified that they were forced to provide their photographs and identities to the Chinese agents under the threat of torture and, under those agents’ orders, were denied food and water and isolated in a frigid room.

I really didn't know that we were in bed with the Chinese at Gitmo. I don't get out enough. Did we somehow become friends with the Chinese and no one told me?

I'm thinking they feds probably wanted to know how to REALLY torture someone, so they called in the experts to give us some classes.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This doesn't surprise me.
Those individuals are supposedly Chinese citizens. In a strange way that seems a tad bit more ethical to have them interrogate their own citizens than the Big bad US...

This type of stuff goes on all the time behind closed doors. The real question is what if anything did they find out and how is it related to the recent riots in China?

join