It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA - One Signature Away From Fascism - Vintage Video From "Alternative Views"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The United States can easily be turned into a fascist nation at the stroke of a pen under the provisions of the Federal Emergency Management Act. What is being planned is cloaked in secrecy, but what has been revealed is frightening: suspension of our Constitutional rights; arrest of political dissenters without habeas corpus; and concentration camps, designed to hold millions of people, which are being readied all over the U.S. No approval by congress or state or local government is necessary to execute the plan. Even local military or police authorities can declare martial law without consulting higher authority. Interviewed is investigator and author Chip Berlet. We also intersperse sections of past programs with experts who deal with the subject of planned public persecutions, past and present. Some of these experts include MIT's Noam Chomsky, University of Texas history professor Tom Philpott, former CIA officer John Stockwell, and congressmen Henry Gonzalez and Ron Paul.

(click to open player in new window)

View Part Two

Producer: Frank Morrow
Production Company: Alternative Information Network
Co-hosts: Frank Morrow and Doug Kellner
Researcher: Mike Jankowski
Technical adviser: Brian Koenigsdorf

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Seemed pretty informative from a historical perspective until around 9:30. Then your sound went crazy?

pg

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Yes, that's too bad. It goes into a sound loop.

I'll check back to see if you get it fixed.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Uh,

we've been a Fascist country. Bush didn't help and Obama sure isn't helping either...

The FEMA camp conspiracy theory has been discussed for many years, as we can obviously see. So many theorists were convinced these camps were going to be put into action in the 80's....then the 90's....then when Bush became president...and now we're so convinced Obama's going to be responsible for it all.

So..wow..am I seeing a repetition here? A repetition of paranoia?

Possibly.

These conspiracy theories involving FEMA concentration camps will never die down, sadly.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It seems to be just a portion of Part One that is having trouble... I'll get to fixing it soon.

However, Part Two has tons of meat also, including a young Ron Paul.

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Obama isn't fascist by an stretch of the imagination. What has he done that is fascist? I do not think that word means what you think it means.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

If you find this video of interest, as I have. You may find a movie made in 1968 titled It Can't Happen Here, based on a book written by Nobel prize winner Sinclair Lewis titled Shadow On The Land. It was written in the early 1930's and tell about a future America where we allow the president and the government too much power. It would fit today's headlines so frighteningly accurately it's unnerving!
Shamus

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Even my local news isn't shy to report the powers FEMA has under a national emergency. Check out this video. They can grant themselves dictatorial powers, very disturbing.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Sigh. Nothing surprises me anymore. It's only a matter of time before any great civilization gets corrupted by power and then collapses in on itself. How many times has history repeated itself now?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I think 6 to 12 months ago this would have been a busy thread, but I think as time has passed on and more power has been taken, that this stuff is getting a little too real.

I think we are on a path of quick destruction that has been setup for decades.

I think there are many things being done, that just don't feel right. Something is really wrong as I have lived long enough to know the difference.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pizzaguy
Seemed pretty informative from a historical perspective until around 9:30. Then your sound went crazy?

This has been correct in part one of the video.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
It's already that way since they ratified the 17th Amendment, passed the income tax and the Federal reserve thru congress illegally. And that all happened around 1913 almost 100 years ago. So every law that's been passed since 1915 is illegal, when the first round of Senators were elected by the people. Which means social security is illegal. That's why they been spending it like no tomorrow. Soon Social Security will be broke. Anybody to old to make a living will starve to death. Because soon FAP will be broke too. When unemployment goes broke, I'll be selling pencils on the street corner.

They don't need concentration camps, we already in them, I mean they fluoridating the puck out of the water just like in German prison camps?

may the rest of your life be the best of your life!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The US government, like most others, has always had the ability to invoke emergency powers. We tend to forget this, because it happens so infrequently.

Our freedom of speech is limited by several laws and case law (judicial decisions). The Aliens and Seditions Acts were enacted in 1798. One of these acts, the Alien Enemies Act (50 U.S.C. § 21–24), allows the government to round up male citizens, fourteen years and up, of enemy countries and deport them or put them into confinement. That's been on the books for more than 200 years. Suddenly we're saying "Hey, wait a minute"?

Beyond that, the Federal and other governments have the power to quarantine people if they feel it necessary, and to pretty much take over your life during emergencies.

This is nothing new.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
the alien and sedition act were repealed soon after Adams left office I'm pretty sure.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this!! incredibly incisive and prophetic, Mission creep makes me feel creeepy all over!!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this!! incredibly incisive and prophetic, Mission creep makes me feel creeepy all over!!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Obama isn't fascist by an stretch of the imagination. What has he done that is fascist? I do not think that word means what you think it means.

From wiktionary:

A political regime, usually totalitarian, ideologically based on centralized government, government control of business, repression of criticism or opposition, a leader cult and exalting the state and/or religion above individual rights.

Hhmm...leader cult. Obama is the Messiah. Check.

Centralized government. The dream of liberals and the current proposal of Obama. Check.

Government control of business. Holy crap almighty...now more than ever! Check.

Repression of criticism or opposition. Obama carefully controls press conferences and disdains criticism. Check.

Hhhhmm...could we have the beginnings of full-blow totalitarian fascism in this administration? You can bet on it.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Praetorian Guard]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Yes i know all about fema.Once i was checking out there web site and i went into the wrong section.I was booted from that site in twenty seconds.The same thing happened to me when i went into the web site for the department of energy.I guess the worst thing was checking out that disused missle base web site i had a look in.Seen some nice photos.Within 6 hours my computer was dead as a dried prune.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I just finished watching all of it.

It was very nicely done.

I agree with another user. It's all too real now. What must we do about it?

[edit on 24-7-2009 by Frankidealist35]

top topics

join