It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaks lead to new Hadron Collider delay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Leaks lead to new Hadron Collider delay

news.cnet.com

The restart of the Large Hadron Collider has been pushed back even further, following the discovery of vacuum leaks in two sectors of the experiment.

The world's largest particle collider is now unlikely to restart before mid-November, according to CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
major bummer!

i hope they get it fixed sooner rather than november :/ .. i wanna see some hi tech science type shinnanigans soon!

before we know it its going to be august 2010 and nearly years behind. i just hope they actualy get it fixed before the people funding it decide not to spend any more on it (i doubt that will ever happen though)

news.cnet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I say put some Duct Tape on that sucker and lets get started on some science......I want to see some particles smashing together and soon! How is the black hole that will destroy the earth ever going to get going if we can't even turn the damn thing on? What a disappointment this has turned out to be.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I have said it before, and say it again :

There will NEVER come ANY results out of that place....

The simple reason is : it Aint what they say it is, they had to say somthing because of its size, they couldnt build it in secret...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This is unacceptable.

15 years in the making, Billions of dollars. The brightest minds in the world with screw drivers in hand. And it still doesn't work.

That's what happens when you buy parts from China.

Did anyone see Megastructures when they build this? The best part was the American foreman spouting off about how cheap the parts they were using. Constantly breaking and having to back track to to repair. It almost seemed is if they were competing with eachother to see who could build theirs the fastest. (There are 2 camera's that 2 different teams were working on.)

For the brightest minds in the world, rushing a project this size and this complex isn't very bright at all.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

You have got me curious, what do you think its for?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

Hasn't anyone told you it's either a black hole creator ( which they're hoping it will do even if it's for a micro micro nano second to see what happens - Schlloooppp*pop* goes the world or at least the facility) or it opens up a stargate and a screaming horde of Alien warrior spill through and take this world by force.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
At this point I am beginning to think the think works and has worked for awhile. The only reason they continue to push back the date to its NEWS RELEASE "first test" is because they don't want the world to know what they have accomplished and are doing today...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
reply to post by cropmuncher

Hasn't anyone told you it's either a black hole creator ( which they're hoping it will do even if it's for a micro micro nano second to see what happens - Schlloooppp*pop* goes the world or at least the facility) or it opens up a stargate and a screaming horde of Alien warrior spill through and take this world by force.

I heard it was one of many magnets to stabelize the planet when the magnetic fields go down to keep earth from spinning out of control in that time period... They hope it is not longer than a few hours....

Or it is for compansate for the huge dam in china.....

Or it is an vault for or the gold the PTB are stealing......

I even heard they are supposed to create a big bang down there, smart, they think the WHOLE universe was made this way, and they are going to replicate it here on Earth...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It turns out that it really did create a black hole. A black hole for money, so I guess the predictions are somewhat true

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The biggest experiment of all time seems to have troubles, the Large Hadron Collider or LHC for short has had troubles before it has really began to start and it seems that fried wiring and helium leaks are to blame.

The equipment failure is a major setback; this has come only mine days after it all begun where particles around its 16.6 mile (27km) track. The damage will obviously delay research at the particle accelerator for approximately two months.

edit on 2/25/2013 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
HMMmm, maybe the parts were all cheaply made by sweatshop work form china?

top topics

join