It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican launches inquiry into 'abusive' religious order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
rawstory.com...

The Vatican has launched an investigation into the Legionaries of Christ, a religious order whose secretive founder stands accused of sexually abusing numerous children over decades.

While the Vatican has been rocked by numerous sex-abuse scandals in recent decades, through it all one religious order seemed immune to scrutiny: The Legionaries of Christ, also known as the Legion of Christ, a conservative group with some 800 priests, 2,500 seminarians, and a following of 70,000 across 21 countries, including the United States.

The Pope has convened an "apostolic visitation," or council of bishops, to investigate the group's nearly 70-year-long history, its controversial founder Maciel Degollado, and the accusations of sexual assault and financial mismanagement now swirling around the recently deceased religious leader.

And the investigation may have to grapple with an uncomfortable question: If the entire religious order was based on lies and deception, should it be disbanded?

Just what the Church needs is another scandal involving pedophilia.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Heres me thinking the headline meant the Vatican was going to investigate itself.
Silly me, I should have realised they would do that behind closed doors.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
A very interesting order/cult.

Here is somemore information.

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Oh yeah. The Vatican needs investigated alright. The world has had to put up with their religious bullsh*t for centuries. Everytime they kill and massacre it's a case of. 'Satan did it!'

And the pope is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

Its not that Satan did it, its normally 'we fought against Satan and we won, yay, we wiped out whole villages that worshipped the dark one, we killed them all so none of them could offer succour to his evil followers' kind of nonsense.

Off topic
an ashtray on a motorcycle is no good, I had a bag of potato chips on a motorcycle before, that was fun, I had to tie the bag down with a bungy cord to the tank, made life that day a challenge I can tell you

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The Vatican don't have secret orders and cover ups Lol lol

AN Abomination is the word for them!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

New related article:

New questions about Legionaries of Christ

The issue now is not just Maciel's sordid secret life but financial accountability. If the Legion gave material support to one or more children of Maciel, any number of benefactors he cultivated in establishing a religious order with a $650 million budget for schools and colleges in North America, South America and Europe were duped, if not defrauded in a legal sense.

Edit to add: why is this in bts btw? It is the very definition of a religious conspiracy.

[edit on 14 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

new topics

top topics

join