It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Store video catches cop bullying woman

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It's time to bring back citizen's arrests... with a sprinkle of police brutality for the sake of imposing empathy

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Lopez was assigned to desk duty and his weapon was removed. He failed to show up at three trial dates for Lawless' assault charges, which then were dropped.

WTF? A civilian not showing up for a court date would do jail time...this PIG just ignores the trial dates and ***POOF*** CHARGES DROPPED. Something stinks to high heaven here!

Just my 2-cents

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This guy deserves years in jail, and obviously should lose his job. Disgusting.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

also in my state-pa- the only accidents that need to be reported to police are ones that require a vehicle to be towed, cause injury or death.
since this happened in my state apparently it was reported when didn't need to be but only by the wrong person to the wrong person and the wrong people who have big heads and made a big big deal out of it.

In Florida, the police must be called if the property damage exceeds $500. Even if the only property damage is your own! I.E. If you back into your own vehicle and damage, you have to call the police on yourself!!!

Sounds ridiculous, but it happened to me! A cop saw it happen, and saw me drive away. He pulled me over and detained me in his car. Luckily, I had his Chief's business card right next to my D.L. When the Chief showed up, things changed quickly, but the Chief (my buddy) did tell me that the officer was following the letter of the law, albeit a little too aggressively!

Nothing excuses the behaviour of the cop in the OP situation. Pulling a gun on an unsuspecting person is illegal even if she had been at fault for the accident!! This sounds more like a robbery than a police action, he is lucky the store clerk didn't shoot him!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
After watching the video, there is clear evidence of assault by the officer's son as well! They declined pressing charges on the officer, but there is no way they can decline on the son. He is not an officer, and he clearly grabs her around the neck and pushes her! That is assault and kidnapping!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
That is assault and kidnapping!

And Battery too! Assault is only verbal...once an individual is touched it becomes battery...so there are 3 charges. Myabe even 4 charges (if the officer sticks by his story, then his son filed a false report)

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
One of the most worrying parts of the article:

The clerk on duty the night that Lopez confronted Lawless told investigators that three times after the incident, police officers spoke with him about the security tape and that two asked if he would erase it.

Bad apples protecting other bad apples. The thin blue line or whatever it is called.

Right - that struck me too. Along with the fact that IA didn't see anything wrong with that.

I'm pretty sure that if a regular person was caught on film commiting a crime and he and his buddies went to the cops and said, "Hey, why don't you get rid of that evidence and we just forget the whole thing?" that they would toss the book at him.

But that didn't happen at all in this case.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I just cannot believe any of this. I am awestruck that nothing happened to the cop or his son. For a cop to walk into a store grab an unarmed, unsuspecting citizen by the throat and jab a gun into her face, then proceed to hit her in the face (which you can clearly see) and THEN the son restricts her from trying to grab for some help (according to her) by grabbing her by the throat also and THEN the dad helps his son out? NOTHING happened to EITHER OF THEM??!!

Then they blatantly lie about this situation thinking they can scare the clerk into erasing the tapes (THANK GOD he didn't) and get this poor girl on trumped up assault charges! Those charges could have ruined her life for the most part all because this cops punk son ran into the back of their car?

I agree, something else must've been going on with the son.

I am terrified for the people that live in this city because a cop like that and many others like him (and the ones that covered for him) are on the streets.

Assault with a deadly weapon
filing a false police report
failure to show up to court
battery (for the son too)
obstruction of justice

All these charges and possibly others should have been at least brought up against this cop. If it were a citizen there would be no "review" of the incident. There would be immediate charges by the DA after seeing a tape like that if the situation were reversed.

This crap needs to stop and it needs to stop now. There's got to be something that can be done here! There just has to be! Are we really that powerless against authority now? Are we really this screwed?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
To quote Robert Anton Wilson quoting a sign/graffiti in Holland,

"Abuse of authority comes as no surprise."

Unfortunately true. I think it's absurd that charges aren't being pressed... But then, they rarely are in these cases, sadly.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
man if any cop had done this to my daughter (I don't have one but if if I did) I would turn into that guy from the latest clint eastwood movie and stalk this cop and deal with him in my own way. Jungle justice is legit in some instances.

This cop was not only a psychopath he's also a major punk and his son is one too. I bet the cop gives bullying advice to his son for when he goes to school. I say throw this danger to society in a jail cell in a different county, in general population and bribe the guards to let it slip out to the other inmates exactly why the cop/pig is in jail.

Hell I'd pay off one of the inmates to teach this cop that "Fist" can also be a verb. Squeal piggie.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I think N.W.A said it best #!*$ the police #!*$ #!*$ #!*$ the police #!*$ the police #!*$ em.
Cops are just are just uneducated wussies who were picked on in school.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Guys, in cases like this, you should be repeating the officer's name as often as possible in an attempt to better document Officer Alberto Lopez Sr. as an abuser of his power and the people he is sworn to protect.

Officer Alberto Lopez Sr. of Philadelphia Police Department has severely abused his power, committed several felonies with federal property (his police-issued gun, which he pressed into the face and neck of his terrified victim) and should be put into incarceration accordingly.

Alberto Lopez Sr. is a criminal and a disgrace to the uniform he still dresses into every day, even after committing such despicable acts of hatred upon an innocent and defenseless citizen, whom Alberto Lopez Sr. previously swore to protect.

Alberto Lopez Sr., you are a true terrorist. I can't help but wonder if Alberto Lopez Sr. and his son are happy about how they have made an innocent American feel about their paid protectors.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninecrimes
Guys, in cases like this, you should be repeating the officer's name as often as possible in an attempt to better document Officer Alberto Lopez Sr. as an abuser of his power and the people he is sworn to protect.

Officer Alberto Lopez Sr. of Philadelphia Police Department has severely abused his power, committed several felonies with federal property (his police-issued gun, which he pressed into the face and neck of his terrified victim) and should be put into incarceration accordingly.

Alberto Lopez Sr. is a criminal and a disgrace to the uniform he still dresses into every day, even after committing such despicable acts of hatred upon an innocent and defenseless citizen, whom Alberto Lopez Sr. previously swore to protect.

Alberto Lopez Sr., you are a true terrorist. I can't help but wonder if Alberto Lopez Sr. and his son are happy about how they have made an innocent American feel about their paid protectors.

Is this so that any Search Engines will pick up on Officer Alberto Lopez Sr. name and get linked to this site or the other stories about his abuse?

Or is just so we remember Officer Alberto Lopez Sr. name ourself in case we ever encounter him?

I would hope that people in his town make it entirely impossible to do his job. If the townspeople are aware of his actions, his effectiveness should be shot. He should have to move, and he should have plenty of trouble finding a new job. I am thinking security at a teen arcade is about right for him!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
wow. alberto lopez sr. should be counting mice and puking from the smell of feces smeared on his jail cell walls.

holy injustice, batman, it's vigilante time.

alberto lopez jr. should be in there rotting with him. dirty cops are more criminal than criminals. the cops that asked for the video to be erased should be fired, too.

dirty.

unbelievable.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
You guys seem surprised that most cops are bullies, its not as though its a new concept you know, Shakespeare was taking the piss out of them since their inception and everyone has laughed ever since because we all hate cops. They arent wanted and arguably do more harm than good.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by joe82
I think N.W.A said it best #!*$ the police #!*$ #!*$ #!*$ the police #!*$ the police #!*$ em.

So then all ATS members must be uneducated redneck child molesting aholes who love seeing little kids naked and should all be hung from the rafters...right? Your an idiot. It blows my mind how you people so EASILY lump all people into a catagory based on your bias. Are all blacks rap happy, gang banging thug losers? Are all white folks KKK members? Are all teachers sleeping with their students? Jesus...cmon...

Of course this cop should be fired, of course his actions are simply stupid and I don't see him fit to be in my profession, but jerkoffs like you who are ALLOWED to say this crap on here blow my mind. Why he is NOT fired, suspended, charged, etc... I have no idea, only those in Philly know...and THEY as a city and as a people of that area need to take steps to have him fired/removed.

[edit on 7/22/2009 by rcwj75]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Double Post

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Majestic23]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75

Originally posted by joe82

So then all ATS members must be uneducated redneck child molesting aholes who love seeing little kids naked and should all be hung from the rafters...right? Your an idiot. It blows my mind how you people so EASILY lump all people into a catagory based on your bias. Are all blacks rap happy, gang banging thug losers? Are all white folks KKK members? Are all teachers sleeping with their students? Jesus...cmon...

Of course this cop should be fired, of course his actions are simply stupid and I don't see him fit to be in my profession, but jerkoffs like you who are ALLOWED to say this crap on here blow my mind. Why he is NOT fired, suspended, charged, etc... I have no idea, only those in Philly know...and THEY as a city and as a people of that area need to take steps to have him fired/removed.

[edit on 7/22/2009 by rcwj75]

Actually RC I have to go with Joe on this. Generalisations may be technically immoral but screw that man, or how are we going to make any progress?

Nobody has a choice as to what race they are but they have a lot of choice in what job they take.

How long are they going to get away with this "its just a few bad apples" propaganda. It means large organisations never have to take responsibility for anything.

Of course nobody thinks ALL coppers are cowards and bullies, but Iam met quite a few police officers, and they are mostly reprehensible people with a major chip on their shoulder, if you belong to an organisation that has authority and celebrates itself, but it gives power to evil people, man, the whole organisation needs to start taking responsibility.

And in the eyes of the public, they need to see evidence of a concentrated effort from these organisations to rid themselves of corruption. Until then they will have to take criticism that they so rightly desreve as a group.

How many corrupt cops have we seen, even after video evidence, get away with no cummupance and a healthy pension?

Too many, is the obvious answer.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Wonderful. Each and everyday 10-20 vidoes come out of this crap. And this just stuff on video, theres TONS more stuff thats not caught on film.

Cops always have and always will disgust me. I dont need them for ANYTHING. I can fend for myself and protect my wife and child. Screw cops.

Only timed I'd ever call the cops is if some burglar came in house and gets shot by me. I;ll call them and an ambulance to clean up burglars dead carcass.

peace

[edit on 22-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join