It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Jordan Begins Revoking Palestinians' Citizenship

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

BREAKING: Jordan Begins Revoking Palestinians' Citizenship

current.com

Fearing that Israel is hatching a plan to declare Jordan the official Palestinian state, Jordanian officials have begun revoking Palestinians' citizenship en masse, stirring panic.

Jordan's population is roughly 70 percent Palestinian, making the difficulty of this move quite obvious.

However, Jordan authorities say it is aimed at preventing Israel from forcing Palestinians out of Gaza. The former Palestinian citizens of Jordan will be allowed to stay as residents, so long as they obtain "yellow ID cards" from the government.

"We're not expelling anyone, nor are we revoking the
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.jpost.com
www.jordantimes.com
www.jordantimes.com

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Interesting development, however this isn't refusing palestinians, especially since 70% of Jordan is palestinian.
Which I find a little hard to believe, but anyhow.

Or maybe it's this

While understanding the urgent need to regulate citizenship rights of Jordanians and former Jordanians who were residents of the West Bank in the wake of the 1988 decision to sever legal and administrative relations with the former Jordanian territory, we are at a loss as to why this regulation cannot be spelled out by law in no uncertain terms instead of resorting to administrative complications and the issuance of coloured cards.
www.jordantimes.com...

The Jordanian government on Monday rejected Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's claim that Jerusalem would remain the undivided capital of Israel and that the Jewish state has a free hand to set up settlements throughout the West Bank.
www.haaretz.com...

current.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The former king of Jordan said 'Palestinians are Jordanians'.
(I used to have a link to that quote ... but I can't find it now)

They are Jordanians, Syrians, and Eyptians. Their ancestors were Jordanians, Syrians, and Eyptians. They've been repeatedly kicked out of these countries. None of their fellow muslims want them. They keep pushing them off on Israel.

Black September

The fact is that the people of their own faith and background treat them horribly. How much of that is the fault of the so-called palestinians and how much of it is the fault of the governments of Jordan, Syria, and Egypt ... that can be debated.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
They've been repeatedly kicked out of these countries. None of their fellow muslims want them.

ummmm
70% of Jordan is palestinian dude
how does that translate to "Jordan doesn't want them"

Did you even read the article or the other sources I posted?

And what is this about fellow muslims?
Will you except shiploads of catholic refugees from vatican city?
or shiploads of christians from UK if need be?

Why does religion have to be the defining bridge?
Because the media makes you think they think like this?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Isreal really belongs to the palestinians, so I can't see how these countries are 'pushing' them off on the Isrealies. They just keep taking more and more, which doesn't surprise me at all.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It never fails to amaze and amuse me the reactions of some people....

Isreal does not want the the terrorists, for obvious reasons.

Egypt does not want them.

Jordan does not want them

Iran does not want them.

Syria does not want them...........................

So all their "muslim" brothers don't want them and thats ok, but Israel does not want them and they are horrible monsters, perhaps the biggest complainers need look at their own countries/religion..........................

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
"Palestinians" ARE Jordanians.

Jordan was originaly created as what is now called a Palestinian State.

PLO is a post-fascist project born from Yasser (Al-Husseini) Arafat's mind on the basis of his uncle's Al Husseini, mufti of Jerusalem during WW2 , nazi ideals.

Encouraging PLO is nothing but accepting that a non-people (id est a part of Jordanian people, just like new-yorkers are a part of the people of the United States) may be the permanent victim of the western world's hypocrisy... toward Israel (as well as a way to keep it under politic/diplomatic control ?).

"Palestinians" live indeedly well in Jordan for decades. Jordan, that takes its very name from the Jordan River, as it's settled upon its East Bank...

Gaza - Amman = 91 miles.

Now some historical food for geopolitical thoughts :

With the break-up of the Ottoman Empire at the end of World War I, the League of Nations and the occupying powers chose to redraw the borders of the Middle East. The ensuing decisions, most notably the Sykes–Picot Agreement gave birth to the French Mandate of Syria and British Mandate of Palestine. More than 76% of the British Mandate of Palestine was east of the Jordan river and was known as "Transjordan".

The country was called "Transjordan", under British supervision until after World War II. In 1946, the British requested that the United Nations approve an end to British Mandate rule in Transjordan. Following this approval, the Transjordanian Parliament proclaimed King Abdullah as the first ruler of the Hashemite Kingdom of Transjordan. Abdullah I continued to rule until a Palestinian Arab assassinated him in 1951 as he was departing from the al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem.

During the 1948 Arab-Israeli war, Jordan captured the area of Cisjordan now called the West Bank (also referred to by Israelis as Judea and Samaria), which it continued to control in accordance with the 1949 Armistice Agreements. Abdullah thereupon took the title King of Jordan, and he officially changed the country's name to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan in April 1949. The following year he annexed the West Bank, but only two countries recognized this annexation: Britain and Pakistan.

- emphasis added-
Wikipedia : Jordan.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by 0123210]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

You are so incredibly confused beyond amazement
Look at my reply to flyersFan for further explanation.

The article is right in front of you, so are additional sources
But it's like some of you only comment on the thread title/article headline.

Doesn't anyone read anymore?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

One more question/comment.

It seems to me, that the king of Jordan is saying that he will "NOT" allow Jordan to be the new Palestine or even be part of it.
This with the article saying that 70% of Jordanians are Palestinians.

This is ok and we are to accept it without a word.

However..................

When The Gaza's want part of Israel with Jerusalem as it's capital to be Palestinian, they are accused of all sort of crimes.

Why is it ok for Jordan (70% Palestine) and not Israel??????

On a second note...........................

The timing of this announcement from the king of Jordan is...Interesting???

Does this mean that people moving war(s) are coming back to the M.E.?????

Does this mean that war with Iran?/Syria? or their lapdogs Hamas and Hezbolla?

Just seems that everyone in M.E. is gearing up for something... and I mean everyone there..................

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
It seems to me, that the king of Jordan is saying that he will "NOT" allow Jordan to be the new Palestine or even be part of it.

Think of it as a game of chess
If Jordan is considered the new palestine what happes to Gaza and West bank?
Israel swallows it up?
UNNACEPTABLE!

When The Gaza's want part of Israel with Jerusalem as it's capital to be Palestinian, they are accused of all sort of crimes.

Why is it ok for Jordan (70% Palestine) and not Israel??????

because it's not about origins as much as it's about territory

Kashmir is full of muslims, so let's give it to Pakistan?
Absolutely not! It belongs to India despite it being 99% muslim population.

there are homes of palestinians that were in palestine but that house is now considered in Israel.

Why should they allow israel to swallow up even more?

Dude, all you need is some empathy
Imagine if some super-nation tried doing this to the U.S.

Just seems that everyone in M.E. is gearing up for something... and I mean everyone there..................

Yes I agree, it's getting scary
Everyone is gearing up with huge arms purchases
Something is a brewing!

[edit on 21-7-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Think of it as a game of chess
If Jordan is considered the new palestine what happes to Gaza and West bank?
Israel swallows it up?
UNNACEPTABLE!

Care to explain why ?

Should Jerusalem or Jericho be considered as properties of a humankind fraction whose faith post-date the foundations of these jewish cities by dozens of centuries ?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It is not aimed at Isreal.

Last time a mass rush of Palestinians came to another Islamic country, they tried to launch a coup within the year.

Not even the other Islamic nations want to deal with them because of their track record of being a serious pain in the butt.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It's funny how you guys are focusing on religion way more than the people you are talking about.

Just because a country is muslim they should help them out.

I don't get that logic, I must be from a different planet

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

It's funny how you guys are focusing on religion way more than the people you are talking about.

Just because a country is muslim they should help them out.

I don't get that logic, I must be from a different planet

You shoud maybe dig a bit the true motivations of the Al Husseini Clan to seize... Jerusalem.

Methinks you should discover some big, and strictly religious... conspiracy.

Tip : That actually is their only goal, with a few millions "Palestinians" as convenient hostages.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It's very simple. Jordan does not wish to end up like Lebanon. Once the PLO and Hezbollah get into that country and start arguing it will certainly end up like Lebanon. Religion of these people has nothing to do with it, They can't agree amongst themselves let alone try to live in a civilized manner!
Zindo

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
What some are failing to realize is that Jordan is essentially a "puppet" government, in many ways, of the West (i.e., the US and the UK). When you see the Western rulers symbolically "backing off" from Israel's agendas/intentions, then that is a "green light" for a country like Jordan to exert power on more deep-rooted issues--like Palestinians in Jordan

Since some in this thread have cited historical contexts, I will do so also:

1) The land, initially, was actually "given" to the tribe of the Hashemites as a deal from the other competing Arab tribes in the Gulf area, specifically, what is now considered Saudi Arabia and Iraq. In hindsight, what a detriment it turned out for Jordan, who is lacking in every natural resource possible!

2) Britain "blessed" the Hashemites after their "interventions", and the Kings' ability to cooperate with the Western Government(s). King Hussein and the current King Abdullah were both educated in the UK. In fact, King Abdullah's mum is British--so he is actually 1/2 British/Western.

3) When King Hussein was on his death bed, the "crown" should have gone to his brother, Prince Hassan. However, he dislikes the Palestinians and made this known. So Western governments pushed for Hussein's son, Abdullah to rule (being that he is 1/2 British, and lived in Britain for such lengths of time growing up!). Many "true" Jordanians were upset about this decision. But for the West, it was good not to have Hassan in power because he would have taken more action against the Palestinians in their camps in JO, etc., thus creating more problems for Israel

4) A lot of the Jordanians' deep-rooted resentment about the Palestinians includes the PLO, Muslim Brotherhood, and other *extremist* entities' attacks (covert and overt) within Jordan itself in attempts to assassinate King Hussein multiple times, overthrow the government, etc. I could get into some very gory details here but won't unless more proof is needed.

Now that we have Western governments that aren't backing Israel 110%, look for more extertions of power from what Arab governments really want, IMO

[edit on 21-7-2009 by sonjah1]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Well I don't know whether Jordan is a puppet of the west or not but i'm positive that Egypt is.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Palestinians are people no matter what label you want to stick to them. They are men woman and children.

You can call them terrorists, criminals, muslims or whatever you want.

The only thing that transcends is your ignorance and intolerance of other people.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

reply to post by sonjah1

Well I don't know whether Jordan is a puppet of the west or not but i'm positive that Egypt is.

Jordan is most definitely a puppet of the West. I lived there for almost 2 years...you should see the US/UK embassies-huge beyond belief-and the Western influences there. My 2 sister-in-laws (Jordanians) are both employed by the British government.

I agree that Egypt is also a puppet. The difference between the two is Egypt claims to be a "democracy" with a President (always winning 95% of the vote..LOL) whereas the Jordan model is more akin to the British system (although the monarchy has more power in Jordan).

Unless you live in the region, it is hard understand how politics, governments, and religion are so intertwined in the culture.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by sonjah1]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I love the "puppet" argument for countries that simply don't embrace being pig-ignorant tyrannies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join