It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everest revealed from above in British balloonist's breathtaking panoramic shot of world's highest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
This awe-inspiring photograph captures the majesty of Mount Everest as you've never seen it before - from more than a mile above.
The spectacular panorama shows the breathtaking landscape of the Himalayas from six miles above sea level.
It was shot by an intrepid British photographer wearing breathing apparatus in -56C temperatures 36,000 feet up.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
"Married Mr Dickinson, 62, soared to 36,000ft - where temperatures dropped to minus 56 degrees Celsius - to become the first person to fly over Everest in a balloon.

I think these are stunning pictures and wish I had been there, if there is ever a way to see the summit of Everest then this is it, I dont fancy the hassle of climbing

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Man that's cold! And wouldn't you think wind would be kicking that balloon's butt? In the movies I've seen they can barely get a helicopter up half the mountain because of the wind gusts.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Thats mostly due to the wind funneling off of the slopes making sudden gusts of wind a danger to helicopters, with the ballon you are above all of that and would be in one steady channel of air unless there was a storm

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
hope this guy gets a mention in the royal awards list for this, hes one brave chap, i like and admire guys like that,

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Wow, what a beautiful planet we live on.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Legend...

Amazing picture.

Great find... Starred and flagged.

new topics

top topics

join