It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlestar Galactica is the Genisis ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
When I was a teenager, I was a fan of BSG , and I watched every episode.

Then came the New BSG, and after watching it, I felt it more and more tilted over tho some sort of an Genisis story, how the humans ended up as a small colony on an New Earth with the Cylons as the Gods.

What took me by surprise, was the way it came out that we, the humans had been on that planet Before and were now Back there....

I cant remember the old BSG was like that, it Could ofcourse be that I have forgotten more I think..

Well, just wanted to see if any of you felt the same way ...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
What annoyed me the most wit the new BSG, was the ending. Given up all thier technology, just to go native. Not productive at all.

One thing I learned from BSG, human natures as te tendency to repeat history. Weird is it not, what happened in BSG ad alot to do with real life events, such as abortion, religion, masacarres, wars etc.

I do have to say tough I preferred the new BSG to the old one.

Now they have the upcomming spin off series Caprica.

Should be good to watch.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Sweet, Im still at second disc of season three...

You spoiled it !
It is ok, you didnt know !!

Im waiting on the new - V - and District 9 too..

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

OMG LMAO.

I do apologise.

Crawls into that hole now I just dug for myself !!!!

Oooh no I am waiting for the New series of Carica to air on Scify, I think that is what it is called now they changed thier name. (One wonders why, I thought Sci fi was perfect).

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

I watched the first three hour movie of the remake of BSG, and I thought it was well made. I never did follow it through, and when I did watch an episode I had know idea what was going on. The series was like many others which people need to see from the beginning. That may be a good thing to some, but in the long run it does not catch newer viewers. I hope to one day rent the entire series and watch it from start to finish.

I remember the original had a lot of references to ancient Egypt, from the style of the helmets to the pyramids on many of the planets they would land on.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I watched the programme from start until the finale.

What a roller coaster. - Emotions, shouting at the tv, being disgusted at some of the scenes on BSG etc.

Pitty they concentrated on the characters more than they did on the actual battles. But I suppose Ron Moore was trying to strike a balance.

But supposes they were saving thier budget up for the finale. Great finale apart from the ending. The ending was a big let down one has to say.

Oh wells there is the new film, looking at the situation from the Cylon/Skinjob point of view.

It is called The Plan, which will beou soon.

One does not want to g ive anymore away, since the O/P has not watched it all.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Yes, to much talk one could say.
But I got the feeling it was a message there , like this might just be about how it all went down..

It fits in with Sitchin and Missler and Pye's claims..
Look at the Cylons as the Anunnakis, and the planet they end up on (cant remember the name) as earth..

As I get from what I heard of the quran or tora, God made life on not just Earth, and that too becomes clear as 'we' left Caprica and found Earth, Again it seems..

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I found this article from 1995, it is about the StarGate movie ...

The Real Story Behind The Movie Stargate. Part 2 of 2.

Anu, the head spaceman who visited the Earth had a son called Enki and Enki had a sister called Ninti who took an egg or ovum into her body from a H. erectus female from Earth and fertilized it with the sperm of a young Anunnaki spaceman. Ninti herself was nicknamed Mammi the source of the universal Mamma/Mother.

The baby that was produced by the action was called Adamu. This process was repeated many times by other "birth goddesses." Sitchin's book called "The Twelfth Planet" tells about this.

The Bible story in Genesis about the making of Eve from a rib taken from Adam can be explained in the following way; The great Sumerologist, Samuel N. Kraimer, pointed out near the middle of this century that the tale of Eve's origin from Adam's rib probably stemmed from the double meaning of the Sumerian word TI, which means both "rib" and "life". Sitchin points out that there are many other multiple meanings to many Sumerian words and an apparent penchant of the Sumerian scribes to play with these multiple meanings. Sitchin believes the Biblical tale of the creation of Eve represents a second genetic manipulation of the Adamu in order to make them fertile. Bone marrow, probably from a rib, was taken from a male Adamu, and implanted into a female in a genetic manipulation that is unknown to the modern genetic manipulators to allow the Adamu to procreate. The more procreation, the more slaves.

And the slaves, the primitive workers, were in high demand by the Anunnaki. Early on, the new "primitive workers" were confined to the mining areas of the Abzu, Enki's stronghold in Africa. But the Anunnaki from E.DIN (the abode of the righteous one"), which was located in the area of what later became Sumer, wanted "primitive workers" to do the manual labor for them. E.DIN was Enlil's domain and contained a spaceport that shipped the gold to a permanent spacecraft that orbited the earth, and from thence the final transfer to their home planet was made. The tension between the two half-brothers, Enilil and Enki, heightened until Enlil led a raid on the Abzu and forcibly recovered a large number of Primitive Workers to E.DIN.

JW You may notice E.DIN sounds a little like Eden.

Part 2 of 2.

As you remember from BSG, the women were taken and used as thses 'birth godesses', spooky !!

new topics

top topics

join