It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

feromons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
are the feromons key for finding our soul mate ?

i am not sure that i spell it correctly .

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
the proper spelling is "pheromones"

they do a lot of things, but i think people arent stuck with just one person in the world that could be considered their soul mate.

i think stuff like that is over romanticized.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
there is some research showing that people tend to be attracted to people that have different immune strengths to them. this allows any children produced to have a stronger overall immune system than either parent. this is subconsciously determined by the smell of sweat, allegedly.

i think there's a lot more to it than just pheromones though, there are a million things involved in attraction. the "soul mate" thing is singly about meeting a person who has neurotic weirdness that both works well with your neurotic weirdness and that you can live with.

not that they need to match exactly, just compliment each other. matching exactly can get unhealthy.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
i belive that someone can have more then one soul mate . in all combinations . ( now day calls sexual variations ) .

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I think the term was coined to make smelly people feel good about themselves. LOL!
Why are people more attracted to sweet perfume like smells then sweaty armpits. Is it because our bodies are so toxic and unclean that we need to justify some type of sexual attraction to it so the masses think we are meant to be imperfect then the sweet fragrance of a real apple or an orchid.

I suggest you read the "ringing cedars" on the meaning of true soul mates.

I jsut had to laugh because my other half has really smelly natural smell and i repulse from it. But he says he likes pheromones. But i think people just lie to themselves in order to not feel embarrased or have an experience of excitement while ignoring the fact.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Applesandoranges
I think the term was coined to make smelly people feel good about

it's supposed to happen subconciously and no, anti-perspirants wouldn't help, only (slight) cauterizing and only for some time.

pheremones of animals are not a mystery, a few are used in insect traps, for example, the question is how important human phermones are.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
all this about pheromone can easily lead to polygamy or polyandry .

what is maybe not a bad idea .

top topics

join