It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking with your heart

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Well, that's all 'love' has brought me- while it ran off giggling with sex, power and greed.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

Well, that's all 'love' has brought me- while it ran off giggling with sex, power and greed.

Perhaps you are attracting the wrong types...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jacqua

Perhaps you are attracting the wrong types...

That also means a 100% failure rate. Amazing, huh?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Beautiful post! I love the first quote, one of my favorite books
Had to read it in French class and I kept the book because I loved it which cost me 20 bucks. To this day I will read it about once a year.
I have been told by many friends that I think too much with my heart and emotions over my head and logic. I dont understand why they say this but I think I get it now. I always say its not a bad thing

S&F for you! Wonderful made me feel all smiley inside
I needed that.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

But the mind stirs the emotions, and the emotions in turn colour the thoughts and vice versa in a type of viscious cycle. They are much the same thing. For me the point of this thread is something a bit different to this, something underlying and less complicated that our normal thoughts and feelings seem to cloud. Especially once we start to "grow up" and become very complicated. A genuine feeling of affection, a simple sense of fun or joy, that subtle feeling that can stop us acting on our emotions and making regretful mistakes etc. Something deep down underneath it all that is simple and genuine and that we seem to have lost touch with. Just my understanding.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Cogito, Ergo Sum]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

That also means a 100% failure rate. Amazing, huh?

Well yes.. but you could stop going for the wrong types,, instead of just giving up altogether... there are billions of people on this planet,,, and many that could be suited to you... even fall in love with you...

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Jacqua

*snort* Sure. And then I'll gain super powers, be elected president, and bring an age of peace and prosperity to the planet when I release all the alien tech from the grip of the Pentagon.

Puh- LEEZE.

*sigh* It used to be so much easier. The day I had the one I truly loved dump me for cash and looks- it all went downhill in a great big hurry. Now that I am at bottom, I have found a jackhammer and a note: "DIG".

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Things used to be EASY. Stuff used to be fun. Not any more. Now.... you have to fit certain criteria to have 'fun', have money, AND be hot while doing it. Otherwise, you're some sort of creep. And woe to you if you're single, have no family, ect. Then, you're a creep AND a social outcast!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Things used to be EASY. Stuff used to be fun. Not any more. Now.... you have to fit certain criteria to have 'fun', have money, AND be hot while doing it. Otherwise, you're some sort of creep. And woe to you if you're single, have no family, ect. Then, you're a creep AND a social outcast!

You worry too much about what other people think,. and you dont currently love yourself enough for anybody to love you... that will change... but you have to get out of the hole you are digging for yourself. before its too late!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jacqua

and you dont currently love yourself enough for anybody to love you...

Who came up with such a silly notion.. All that is is a philosophical tool to soothe the ragged edges of people who are basically the refuse of the world. People who loved, and were used like a box of kleenex.

I 'love' myself just fine. It's the rest of this sorry planet that's screwed up! If it weren't so, the wars, killings, beatings, robbings, cheatings, rapings, lyings, and the hundreds of other little human indiscretions wouldn't happen.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Who came up with such a silly notion.. All that is is a philosophical tool to soothe the ragged edges of people who are basically the refuse of the world. People who loved, and were used like a box of kleenex.

I 'love' myself just fine.

thats just the thing my friend... you 'think' you do... but you dont. You dont know 'how' to love yourself,, .. of course., lol, it helps to actually be able to get your head around the actual 'notion' of loving oneself... a silly notion you claim..,, and oh if only it was.... if only it was that simple...

I understand why you think that. I used to think the same until I came to get a grasp on it myself... It took quite a few hard knocks for the message to sink in...

Perhaps thats just what you need! -- a few hard knocks... oh,,,. but thats already happening isnt it.. ..

The perils of the world will go on with or without us.. they just 'are'. The only thing that you can change to really make a difference is 'yourself'. Nevertheless... some would rather blame the perils of the world... its far easier than looking 'within'...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
beautiful post, inspired and moved .. star and flagged!!

i always trust in my intuition and go with my heart.. as my head always confuses my ego and my real wants, needs and feelings.

love and light
ps

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon
I think, as with most things, the best option is a balance of heart and mind.

These romantic notions about how great it is not to want anything is sickening really.

I bet those tribes will never figure out air conditioning, or ice cubes, or any reason to be on the other side of town like now man!

"Wanting" has been the carrot in front of our donkey (Reasoning ability) in the west. Meanwhile the "natives" would still be in the stoneage, thinking with their hearts, feeling just fine, I'm sure, without any western influence.

Well considering you only live on the physical dimension for say anywhere from 30-5000 or more years but you live forever elsewhere, why would it matter to go past the stone age?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Creative play, and innocent fun, simple joy - that's what life is for. I mean like what else is there?

Why does it have to be such a struggle, why so complicated.

I've been searching for some grand purpose and direction for my life, and in the final analysis I don't think there is one, no one thing pre-ordained that I am supposed to do.

We ought to smile more, love more, and worry much much less.

I like what the Jamaicans say

"What it is mon, ire."

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei

Who remembers "where he was" when he was little ? From where did your thinking originate ? Where did you feel you "were" ? Your head or your hearth ? I remember believing it was my hearth until someone told me...But I am not so sure of this memory. Anyone here remembers ?

A simple, straightforward question requires a simple, straightforward answer:
I do.

Where did my self-aware Self come from, I do not know.
But this continuity - being essentially the same person I was when I was a tiny toddler - is the core of my entire being and doing.

I feel somewhat awkward talking about ME, but it was a direct question.
And if (I repeat: IF) it was a rhetorical question, then there is all the more reason to contradict the possibly implicit doubt that such things are possible in our Western world.

They ARE.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Something I found today

The Teachings of Don Juan Matus

" One must always choose the path with heart in order to be at one’s best, perhaps so one can always laugh.

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting, nor by thinking about what he will think when he has finished acting. A man of knowledge chooses a path with heart and follows it; and then he looks and rejoices and laughs; and then he sees and knows. He knows that his life will be over altogether too soon. A man of knowledge has no honor, no dignity, no family, no name, no country, but only life to be lived, and under these circumstances his only tie to people is his controlled folly. Thus a man of knowledge endeavors, and sweats, and puffs, and if one looks at him, he is just like any ordinary man, except that the folly of his life is under control. Whether his acts were good or bad, or worked or didn’t, is in no way part of his concern.

It is the same to be a winner or to be defeated.

You’re too concerned with liking people or with being liked yourself. A man of knowledge likes, that’s all. He likes whatever or whoever he wants, but he uses his controlled folly to be unconcerned about it. This is in opposite to what you are doing now. To like people and be liked by them is far from all that man can do.

Our lot as men is to learn. And one must go to knowledge as one goes to war; with respect, aware that one is going to war, and with absolute confidence in oneself. Put your trust in yourself, not in me.

In the life of a man of knowledge, everything is filled to the brim. In order to become a man of knowledge, one must be a warrior, not a whimpering child.

If you do not think of your death, all your life will be just personal chaos.

People win or suffer defeat, and consequently they became persecutors or victims.

While (someone) thinks that he was a victim, his life is a hell.

That which makes us unhappy is our (“earthly”) desires. "

[edit on 25-8-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
„The state of mind which enables a man to do work of this kind (inventing) is akin to that of the religious worshiper or the lover; the daily effort comes from no deliberate intention or program, but straight from the heart".

Albert Einstein

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
"Thought is the cause of human suffering."

"We don't seem to realize that it is thought that is separating us from the totality of things."

- U.G. Krishnamurti

Nice thread, an important reminder; the feeling should not be disregarded for the benefit of logic.

-v

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
S&F for this brilliant post.

I have always thought that with our minds we take and with our hearts we give. Also, I completely agree that it is better to give than to receive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join