It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

orange balls of light South Glasgow many sightings!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Hey I was wondering if anybody on ATS is from Glasgow. There seems to be a flap of sorts going on in the South of the City. Multiple people reported seeing orange balls of light flying in formation. One person reported seeing as many as 30 orange orbs !! From what I can tell, the sightings are happening around 10 to 12:30 PM so keep your eyes to the sky and to keep your cameras close. Remember, USE a TRIPOD

Witness Statement: While watching TV around 11.03pm I noticed out the corner of my eye a bright steady orange light out of my south facing bay window. My window faces on to Queens Park towards the flag pole in the south side of Glasgow. I stood up and went over to the window and noticed 2 more. The sky was partly clear with broken high cloud and the odd star visible. The orange lights were emerging above the horizon due south and rising above some broken cloud around 3000-5000ft. What made me take notice was the speed, probably 2 or 3 times faster than a normal passenger jet. The lights were travelling SW to NE a couple of miles apart, across a strong north westerly wind. At this point a went to grab a set of binoculars. When I returned to the window more bright orange lights were emerging from the southern horizon, all travelling in the same direction in a loose formation. I lost count but reckon there was between 11 and 15 objects. There was no noise. Looking through my binoculars I could only make out a solid spherical shape with a point of bright orange light at the base. There was no flashing lights like you would get from aircraft navigation beacons. They seemed to climb above 10,000ft and disappear into the high cloud towards the east of Glasgow. I’m now very curious as to what they were and would like to know if anyone else saw them at the same time.

UK UFO Sightings

[edit on 21-7-2009 by ThInGS Ar3 NoT WHaT Th3y ]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
those reports made think of this video

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
The one in the report sounds like it could be a load of chinese lanterns. Not long ago i heard of many reports like this that turned out to be a load of them. Does sound like them, with the light in the bottom, going with the wind, and flying in loose formation. The video seems to be something completly different.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Hey ThInGS Ar3 NoT WHaT Th3y!

I'm in Mount Florida, so right next to Queens Park. From the reports these things are appearing regularly, so i'll be keeping my eyes on the sky for the next few nights to see what i can see. Not noticed anything so far, but i'll keep an eye out.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

Thanks, if you do see anything Let us know

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Could be lanterns no doubt, but trust me the real ufo orbs look very similar if you're looking at them from a distance.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Yesterday in the direction of the Loins Gate mountains in N.Van, BC I saw a bright orange light with the brightness of about 4 or 6 ordinary stars just disappear in the middle of a clear, cloudless night sky.

It was very strange.

I sat down in the balcony, noticed this unmoving light immediately and then saw it disappear without a trace

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
Yesterday in the direction of the Loins Gate mountains in N.Van, BC I saw a bright orange light with the brightness of about 4 or 6 ordinary stars just disappear in the middle of a clear, cloudless night sky.

It was very strange.

I sat down in the balcony, noticed this unmoving light immediately and then saw it disappear without a trace

hmmm.... strange I wonder if you are near these sightings that sound very similar to what you witnessed.

Reported 19-July-2009 19-Jul-2009, Mission, BC: (10:30 pm) Hi, this was the second sighting of the same sort that we have seen in the last few months. This was a very bright orange light in the sky. It looked like a flaming/flickering orange ball. It moved very quickly upward, hovered, and eventually faded out. This went on for a few minutes from the time I noticed. We looked through binoculars, what we saw was line through the middle of the shape, with 3 round circles on either side. It looked sort of like cells in a Petri dish through the binoculars. the last was the three orange lights reported back in May. We could hear no sound at all. Reported 20-July-2009
www.ufobc.ca scroll down to the bottom of the page for the most recent sightings

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
UFOs do have a habit of disguising themselves as the most convenient object recognisable in the sky. It wouldnt be too far fetched to concieve that after decades of Foo-Fighter, Saucer, Triangle, Cigar shaped craft that these objects have intelligently locked onto the idea that they can trick the public into thinking there something there not.
Afterall theyve managed hyper-warp space travel and have cloaking devices, im sure molecular transformation and copying structural objects physically isnt much of a problem to them.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Wouldn't it be easier for them to just shut off the lights ?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Maybe, but with multiple UFO sightings daily it suggests generally theres usually more than one "object" visiting Earth at any given time. And maybe they think were not intelligent enough yet to recognise what they are and so they simply dont bother.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hermantinkly
Could be lanterns no doubt, but trust me the real ufo orbs look very similar if you're looking at them from a distance.

Lanterns are UFO's until identified no?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
evening all,

Thank god this thread regarding sightings in glasgow has came about because i had a sighting that i have personally wanted to tell people about since monday the 20th july and i need to know if other people saw it.I have looked in the papers and on the net to see if it has been mentioned but to no avail.Let me point out first that instead of believeing in sightings i look for the most plausible answer first before thinking of UFO`s in short i am skeptical.

I was lying in my bed which looks out onto the motorway, the M8,heading east,my house is in the east end, which people from Scotland will know is very busy. This was between 11:30 and 11:40, the sky was heavy with low grey clouds and there were about three seagulls flying about.there was a slight breeze and it was threating to pour down as per the low lying heavy dark clouds.
From the edge of my window on the other side of the motorway a round dark grey ball with the top highlighted lighted moved at a steady pace in a perfectly straight line across the sky at about 200-300ft from the ground before going into the low clouds before i could put my phone onto picture.

i have watched the gulls for two days now and none of them have went in a straight line,instead they pitch and dive and flap thier wings. This ball had no wings or tail and from the gulls reaction,they were right underneath it,made no noise. As i have said i have looked at the birds for two days now and cant see any similarites.

I just want to know if any one else saw this and going by this thread thier seems to be a bit of a flap in Scotland just now.
Or any explanations to what it could be.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Are any of the news groups over where the sightings are taking place reporting anything about these UFOs?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
From queens park looking west, ie toward the airport, on friday night about 11ish i saw a single light moving slowly up. It's unfamiliar movements caught my attention enough to try and film it on my phone but it wasn't even visible in the footage so I won't bother posting it.

But it moved smoothly, there was no noise (a lantern perhaps but it did seem very smooth in the wind of that night) didn't flash, no stars were visible due to cloud but I started getting grief from some neds and had to leave.

Forgot about it until now. Interesting.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by ivycutler]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CidCaldensfey

I`m still looking in the local press and i will post any news as i find it.
Hopefully something explaining this will come up soon.
Any other suggestions on where to search?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I checked MUFON's website for any reports and there is nothing there. I'm out of ideas.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CidCaldensfey

Try www.uk-ufo.co.uk

loads on these orange balss and the like over the past week.

Still looking for news reports

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
intresting stuff im from glasgow will keep a eye out .

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
These balls have been mentioned big time on my thread about the increase of ufo sightings. ive even got footage on my thread of one
its crazzy, these seem to be the most popular ufo out there atm. maybe its E.T maybe not, either way though, their connected.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join