It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are people with their own opinions are on ATS!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I've been seeing a lot of accusations lately on ATS. People seem to be suspicious of other people. I feel that there are a lot of over-paranoid people here. I am not talking about just your regular average joes. But the over the top paranoia here. These people seem to think that anyone who is in favor of Jews is a zionist, or, that, you are CIA if you defend the government, or, that you watch MSNBC if you say anything that contradicts their point of view. There are people with opinions on ATS!!!

One's opinion does not make one a government disinfo agent. If you make a post saying you are in favor of a politician does not make you a lapdog for the establishment. However, constantly defending them no matter what may make you seem a bit odd. Saying that you don't believe we're facing the end of the country doesn't mean that you're not aware of what's going on, or, that you're a denier of what's happening.

Just because you believe Obama was born in Hawaii doesn't mean that you are an Obama lover, or, worse yet a Democrat

Calling for free market economics does not make you a right wing goon, and, a supporter of the Republican party, and its failed policies. Neither does calling for equality make you somehow a Democrat.

Saying that you believe UFOs exist doesn't make you a paranoid delusional person, nor, does saying that UFOs don't exist make you a government disinfo agent.

Just because one believes that the 9-11 attacks on the twin towers was an inside job does not make them a crazy person. Similarly, having a different point of view doesn't make you CIA or the Mossad.

People have differing opinions on ATS! Just because I support Jewish people- does not make me in any way shape or form a zionist, or, someone who supports the state of Israel and their actions. Just because I support the freedom for people to do religion as they so please doesn't mean I'm a crazy backwards person.

Aren't these accusations getting a little silly here? It's gotten down to the point where it's like in discussions it bottles down to this: you must believe in my X opinion- or you're a disinfo agent. Sheesh people.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
yup that's why i'm starting to go to the "science" boards more and more, there seems to be a higher degree of intelligence than on "recent posts"

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I like when people post threads like the aformentioned. It allows one to know who the idiots are.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Good work on the thread title!

One should refrain from mentioning "disinfo". It gets stored in your file they open when you say disinfo.

Too late.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

This kind of clear and reasoned thinking is very threatening to me and my pigeonhole business.

Well said Frank.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I see I found myself another dis-info agent...

*Sarcasm*

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

People may be entitled to their positions and opinions, but when people are constantly posting nonsense and sensationalizing things then it doesn't matter what their motive is, they are putting out disinformation.

You are one of the forums worse in this category. Luckily ATS will show us a history of threads someone creates, and they may get away with it at first, but they will eventually be exposed for what they are. You are exposed in this way.

Coincidence that you often call people disinfo agents and then at the same time make wild claims that turn out to be nothing but disinfo? I don't think so.

While name calling someone as a disinfo agent is pretty dumb, over time and thanks to the thread history we can see exactly who is putting out disinfo. And I think they should be called on that. When the person has a long history of disinformation, it's not name calling, it's not just someone's opinion, it's a pattern.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

You said - July 4th, false flag attack.

Could July 4 Be The Day?

Statue Of Liberty Re-Opens Hmm

Oh wait, no it was 2010

The False Flag Will Be In 2010!

Or how about in June?

Nuke False Flag Within 2 Weeks!

Is The Time For WW3 Around The Corner?

We ONLY Have 2 MONTHS Left!

And just a bit of cherry on top:
The REAL DisInfo Agents Are Skeptics!

And there are many more.

So at what point does it become no longer someone's opinion but just someone who does nothing but put out dis-information all the time?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Alright class, now let me repeat the name of this game is called 'Divide and Conquer'.

Everyone and I mean everyone must choose a side to 'belong' to, now no fussing over that please, there are plenty of sides to choose from...

Yes Amanda?...well in theory yes you could always switch sides later but that kind of defeats the purpose of the game, you should really only switch if your the last person left on your side.

Yes Jimmy?...no you can't be 'friends' with other sides, but you can choose 'alliances' until you and your ally don't have any other sides then you can break your alliance and fight each other, remember it's called divide and conquer.

Yes Suzie?...what do you mean you don't want to play? The rest of the class is going to play anyway and if you don't have a group of your own you will probably be one of the first to be eliminated...no star on your forehead for that and you just might end up with a demerrit to boot!

Now once again the name of the game is 'Divide and Conquer' it's Rome's favorite Game and when you are in Rome you should always, always do what the Romans do, in fact they insist upon it!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I am not aware of that poster's posting history... but let's leave that aside here for this thread. I do not want this thread to become a thread to allow users to launch personal assaults on those that do this and take part in this behavior/activity. I'm just trying to remind everyone- even these types of people- that we're here to learn. We don't know everything. We are here to talk about what we think is wrong with the world, learn about things, learn about conspiracy theories, and, we're here to discuss what we feel about the state of the world. We're all here for similar reasons for the most part, and, having a difference of opinion does not make one a government agent for having done so. I just want to remind people of this fact.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Your post gets a star from me. The sad thing is that many people actually believe this. So many people just are fixed into this mindset thinking that their side is right- absolutely right- and that anyone who has another opinion other than theirs must be crazy, or, working for the other side, which is their enemy. So they must call them names, and, they feel that they must find arguments that contradict their views so they can better argue with them as opposed to understand where they're coming from and seeing the truth in their arguments. I see many people do this. We need to take our debating one step further, and, recognize each other's arguments, as, our arguments are faulty, they may be true, somewhat true, somewhat false, or even completely false. It seems like we sometimes feel that anyone who doesn't agree with us is a horrible person who loves the government sometimes, or, just, really is brainwashed, and, we must unbrainwash them from their point of view. There are certain things we've all been conditioned to believe in by society... but sometimes our paranoia gets the best of us and we don't discuss things rationally here at ATS.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Great thread S & F

I've been accused of many things since I Joined.
I roll with it. People do have a right to express their opinions. I do however feel that some do join with a "purpose" whether that purpose is part of a larger conspiracy?
I dunno.

I have seen some strange goings on.

I'll leave it at that.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

You began this thread in hopes to have a discussion about curtesy on ATS. I appreciate and respect your opening statements as I too sometimes feel and agree with everything you stated. The problem I have with it and I have the same problem dealing with in my personal world at home is that "White is White" not a shade of Dove White or if it's maybe, possibly Milky White and most posters might agree that something is wrong with the official story of what happened on 9/11 but that doesn't make those who believe it nuts or domestic terrorist. Now I said I have a problem with facts vs opinion but I am very well aliked and respected by those who know me and even by those who don't know me well because once I find out that they live by the rule of opinion, I am able to respectfully agree to disagree without name calling. That is the biggest fault I find with ATS, when people post something disagreeing with i.e. Obama, then they are called "Haters", "Racist" and so on but that is because they have no leg to stand on but the facts are Obama is what is does and not what he says. I want to thank you for this thread, I'm going to give you a star and the benefit of the doubt for the future but if I see you on any of my threads name calling because somebody doesn't agree with your OPINION, I will then call you out on it and hold this thread as refrence!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I don't always agree with Franks posts but this one is pretty well on target. Too much polar opposition and infighting, not enough discussion.
Gotta give him a point on this.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

You said - July 4th, false flag attack.

Could July 4 Be The Day?

Statue Of Liberty Re-Opens Hmm

Oh wait, no it was 2010

The False Flag Will Be In 2010!

Or how about in June?

Nuke False Flag Within 2 Weeks!

Is The Time For WW3 Around The Corner?

We ONLY Have 2 MONTHS Left!

And just a bit of cherry on top:
The REAL DisInfo Agents Are Skeptics!

And there are many more.

So at what point does it become no longer someone's opinion but just someone who does nothing but put out dis-information all the time?

I would like to know how many other ATS members have the exact same type of threads. Surely, there are others just as guilty in the incorrect date setting department.

This was a tasteless attempt at a retort.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by badmedia

I am not aware of that poster's posting history... but let's leave that aside here for this thread. I do not want this thread to become a thread to allow users to launch personal assaults on those that do this and take part in this behavior/activity. I'm just trying to remind everyone- even these types of people- that we're here to learn. We don't know everything. We are here to talk about what we think is wrong with the world, learn about things, learn about conspiracy theories, and, we're here to discuss what we feel about the state of the world. We're all here for similar reasons for the most part, and, having a difference of opinion does not make one a government agent for having done so. I just want to remind people of this fact.

Sorry, my point wasn't towards attacking someone. What I am saying is that isn't there a point where it crosses the realm of opinion into dis-information?

I'm not accusing them of being a "dis-information agent". I have no idea what the motives behind what people do are. But I think disinformation is disinformation regardless of the source or reasons behind it.

If someone tells me lies and tries to get me to believe outrageous things, then if they work for the government, do it for living, actually believe it, or is just trying to get laughs off people doesn't really factor into the equation for me. All that really matters is that they tried to feed me disinformation.

I just used that list as an example of it because the time has passed where it is obvious disinformation.

Like that whole blossomchild whatever stuff. Who knows the motive or causes, but it was disinformation just the same.

I've been called such names before, I know exactly what you are talking about and don't disagree. But I do think there is a line, and I was just trying to point that out.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Very well said Frank

On my latest thread I have been branded a hater, for simply speaking out, and bringing attention to some inconsitencies with David Icke, and his stories.

Since when does this make me a hater? I dont hate people that believe in Icke, I simply acknowledge that they ahve different opinions formulated off different ideas

Here's the thread anyway, dont feel obliged to post, but please notice the number of remarks about me being a "hater".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Star and flag for you mate

[edit on 21/7/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Hey, man! I'm an American!!!

Remember?

Remember those Americans you loved in WWI and WWII?

Welllllll if you don't love us now then we'll just have to force you to love us in Worllllddddd Warrrrrrr Thuuuureeeeeee!!!!

Get Ready To Rumble!!!!!!!!

[coming soon to a gold exchanging temple near you]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

"Oz' Your a perfect example for me to use if you don't mind?

I read your thread about David Icke, personally I enjoy his speaches, books and theories. I didn't agree with your thread so I simply didn't post.

I don't know if everything he says is true, I do know that they are true to him but I don't consider that his opinion. He can prove what he is saying, we simply haven't experience it for ourselves but he does make a very clear case thro his books and presentations. But I wouldn't name call you "Hater" or anything like that, I simply don't post my thoughts because I can't back it up for me. He can back it up for him.

I hope that makes scence. It would be nice if members would remember to keep their opinions in their pants unless they can back up what they are disagreeing but to thro other threads and articles from reports that have an agenda for the opposition doesn't make it truth.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rams59lb
reply to post by OzWeatherman

"Oz' Your a perfect example for me to use if you don't mind?

Go ahead

I read your thread about David Icke, personally I enjoy his speaches, books and theories. I didn't agree with your thread so I simply didn't post.

I don't know if everything he says is true, I do know that they are true to him but I don't consider that his opinion. He can prove what he is saying, we simply haven't experience it for ourselves but he does make a very clear case thro his books and presentations. But I wouldn't name call you "Hater" or anything like that, I simply don't post my thoughts because I can't back it up for me. He can back it up for him.

I hope that makes scence. It would be nice if members would remember to keep their opinions in their pants unless they can back up what they are disagreeing but to thro other threads and articles from reports that have an agenda for the opposition doesn't make it truth.

Thats all very well said. I wouldnt have minded if people had come up with some stuff to challenge the information I provided, thats what ATS is all about, discussion.

Thanks for you kind words, just because we have different opinions doesnt mean that we have the right to call each other names. Star for that, it really is a lot hearing that from someone with a different point of view

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join