It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO sighting UK, Liverpool 12:40am, fast moving pulsing light

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Well I don't think it was a lantern but it certainly could well be although the descriptions of their behaviour to what I saw don't match.

Again with regards to the mail plane, it's quite possible however there's the lack of engine noise which makes me think it wasn't civilian aircraft at least. And it wasn't at a very high altitude judging from the intensity of the light when it did pulse. Also I thought the mail plane flies later ? Every night at around 3:30am/4am there's a rather loud jet which flies over my house, heading East to West, that's not the mail plane is it ?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

The first mail plane I always hear is about ten at night but it does vary. It never flies exactly the same path either as sometimes it comes in right over my house and other times I hear it off in the distance. I think the last journey is about four in the morning like you said. Dont know what it is that you hear travelling east to west but I suppose it could be a similar plane delivering to Leeds perhaps?
I know that atmospheric conditions can make lights at altitude glimmer like you describe, you only have to look at stars to see that effect, but you already know that. If we are then ruling out ordinary planes and chinese lanterns, could it not have been the police helicopter? Its caught me out a few times. If the wind is blowing away from you it takes the noise of the engines downwind, and that spotlight does look strange at some angles. . . What do you think?
If that doesn't fit the bill I guess you'll have to tag it as a true unknown. If I was you I would contact some local groups (I can give you at least two if you want) and report it as someone else may have seen the same thing.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Not going to Leeds if it's heading West, would be more likely either an early flight to Ireland or a mail/cargo aircraft to Ireland but it's regular as clockwork every night!

As for it being a helicopter I'd have to say probably not just for the fact it flew pretty much overhead and there was no sound nor navigation lights, I could understand if it flying towards me or across and there not being sound but it flew overhead so there should have been something audible if it was a helicopter!

Going to have to just put it down to an unknown, I'll leave reporting it to anyone because without any pictures and only seeing it pulse for about 30seconds they're not going to find out what it was unless it was tracked on radar by Woodvale not far from me and they can get the radar tracking info ?

I think I'm quite lucky though with all the stuff I've got to see in the sky considering I don't spend too long searching as I only watch the sky while I'm out smoking, which isn't too often

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

So if you're near Woodvale ( I know it well) have you thought that what you saw mght be some proto type aircraft flying out of Warton BAE? Through the early 9os right up to fairly recently, I was inundated with reports of flying triangles in and around the Southport area. One researcher who lived in Southport even managed to record a conversation with RAF Tornado pilots playing tag with this thing which was codenamed, The Black Bull.
If the object you described was near the coast it would fit with this triangle as it was sighted up and down the coast from North Wales to Morecambe. However, I was under the belief that this aircraft had been moved to Machrihanish in Scotland.
Anyway, if you change your mind and want those contact details just U2U us and gladly send them on.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Which is exactly why I'm not refusing that it might be military and I remember the Triangle, never got to see it but read lots of reports about it in the Visiter!

Perhaps it's a new toy they've got that they're testing ? the Typhoons have been pretty busy recently as well.

The lack of sound though was something which made me think it wasn't an aircraft, but I've just had a though, it could have been a glider, have seen a few of them in the day the past 4 or 5 of months (are they launching from Woodvale ?).

Also I did a search for silent propulsion and found this news.bbc.co.uk... that was in 2006 so they could have made a fair bit of progress in 3 years and we all know military is generally already many years ahead of what is revealed in the media!

[edit on 24/7/09 by Discotech]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

The lack of sound though was something which made me think it wasn't an aircraft, but I've just had a though, it could have been a glider, have seen a few of them in the day the past 4 or 5 of months (are they launching from Woodvale ?).

I believe there is a microlite school opposite Woodvale near the fancy hotel and I think, a golf course, travelling back towards Formby. I've been travelling into Southport a few times and seen then flying over the byepass coming in to land. However, I don't think these small aircraft have lights on them like you described. The silence would fit the lights wouldn't. . .

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Just thought i'd add that i saw something very similar, and managed to photograph it (although in not so great quality) on the 3rd July, in Dorset, UK.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Lister87]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Yeah I knew about the microlight place but those things can't fly at night due to no navigation lights right ?

I was talking about proper gliders

Have seen quite alot recently in the day and have no idea where they are being launched from, now I don't know what type of lights (if any) they have but is it possible it could have been one I saw ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join