It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO sighting UK, Liverpool 12:40am, fast moving pulsing light

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Just seen what I believe to be a UFO, well actually it was a UFO as I can't figure what the hell it was.

I was outside having a smoke admiring the stars on what is a beautifully clear night (been cloudy all week so haven't had a chance to do any spotting whilst smoking) when out of the corner of my eye I saw a very intense light flare up.

I looked in the region I presumed it was, but at first couldn't see anything but a couple of seconds afterwards the light pulsed again, very intense light orange colour. So I waited a few more seconds and it pulsed again before never pulsing again, it was very fast moving, however cannot judge altitude but this light was big and bright (bigger & brighter than Jupiter currently is in the sky) how do I know ? there were plenty of stars around so I could judge the distance travelled between pulses and compare it to conventional aircraft moving the same distance and it was much much faster than any conventional craft I have seen. It was heading in a North to South trajectory heading towards Liverpool.

Now I've watched satellites before and do know that some of the Iridium sats will flare up and have witnessed them, however this "thing" did it 3 times there was nothing preceeding it (normally can see the sats as lights before they flare). Also we are under a flightpath for alot of aircraft but they aren't as brightly lit and don't pulse like this did also you can generally hear engine noise or see the navigation lights neither of which I did. I've also checked www.n2yo.com... to see if it was indeed a satellite but there was nothing in the close proximity area to me and those that were closest were on completely different trajectories.

On further investigating I found this ufomagazine.squarespace.com... which reports a sighting nearly identical to what I have seen.

So has anyone seen anything similar to this as it's not the first time for me but figured now's as good a time as any to report one ?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I saw a light ball at the front of a high flying trail that had
a purple haze in front and no recognizable plane.
The light ball was at the left rear of the dark haze as if there
might have been room on the right side for a similar light ball.
A high flier trail maker perhaps higher than the one I observed.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Interesting, it may well have had a trail attached to it, however with it being nighttime there was nothing I could discern which would be a trail. I shall be looking out tonight to see if I see anything else, with a camera (albeit a lousy camera phone one) to snap anything suspicious and the eclipse, who knows, maybe the sky will be busy

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

I'm in Stoke on Trent mate and it's been hectic regarding the ufo orbs round here the last few years. They are real mate and whatever they tell you about lanterns and marsh gas, to me it sounds like you saw a real one. liverpool sounds like a bit of a hot spot at the mo, remember seeing this footage of a guy in Fleetwood and he was seeing them coming in from the sea all the time.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
wow man.. another one of these things? they're really popping up all over the place.

I filmed this one in Cardiff the other night.. is this what you saw? Notice how whilst filming the object the camera messes up.. its very odd.

The fact that you can see it behind the street light just goes to show how bright it was.. My girlfriend and I had saw another one shortly before I filmed this one.. It was below the clouds as it was over cast.

UFO Cardiff

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuzitzu

No, it was pulsing, ie the light would appear and fade out, then reappear whilst moving from North to South

this video is the closest I can find to what I saw

closest similarity is at about 2:30 however the pulse was slighty slower than in this vid

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuzitzu

Gave you a comment:

The Foo/Phoo have invaded the UK.
Get a big diaper for all the Illuminati BS to follow.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Someone was possibly having a barbecue when one of their chinese lanterns broke free and flew off.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Perhaps but 12:40am on a Monday night/Tuesday morning is a little late for a BBQ.

Chinese Lanterns do not pulse.

Chinese Lanterns go with the wind, which this thing wasn't.

But hey, maybe it was swamp gas ?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech

Perhaps but 12:40am on a Monday night/Tuesday morning is a little late for a BBQ.

Chinese Lanterns do not pulse.

Chinese Lanterns go with the wind, which this thing wasn't.

But hey, maybe it was swamp gas ?

The time you mention fits in exactly if this was a chinese lantern accidentally released from a late night, Sunday barbecue. Chinese lanterns do pulse if they get high enough to be affected by atmospheric conditions. And they do fly against the wind if they get high enough.
Was it swamp gas? No, of course not, it was almost certainly a chinese lantern. . .

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I'll bite

Do you have evidence to back up your claims ?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I'll bite

Do you have evidence to back up your claims ?

Only the national statistics for UFO sightings in the UK. All through winter they stayed as norm until the summer when they rose as the fad for having chinese lanterns become popular at barbecues. Then as winter approached they declined until christmas time (December) when they rose again.
Just for a moment stop thinkng of these lights as alien craft and instead think of them as unknown lights. The compare them with the height of the barbecue season. It fits perfectly.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
Only the national statistics for UFO sightings in the UK. All through winter they stayed as norm until the summer when they rose as the fad for having chinese lanterns become popular at barbecues. Then as winter approached they declined until christmas time (December) when they rose again.
Just for a moment stop thinkng of these lights as alien craft and instead think of them as unknown lights. The compare them with the height of the barbecue season. It fits perfectly.

I was talking about your evidence that they can pulse if high enough due to atmospheric conditions and flying against the wind if they get high enough

And can you please point me to where I said they were alien craft ? All my postings have said it was unidentified and flying along with my reasoning for discounting satellites & commercial aircraft but I never once said it was ET

And it doesn't fit perfectly seeing as though Sunday was crappy for BBQ weather and are you suggesting that a Chinese Lantern which has an advertised flight time of 20 minutes (this includes burning time as it's the burning time which keeps it in the air, same principles as hot air baloon really) managed to stay alight for over 24hours (assuming lantern was released around 9 or 10pm on Sunday) ?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I was talking about your evidence that they can pulse if high enough due to atmospheric conditions and flying against the wind if they get high enough

And can you please point me to where I said they were alien craft ? All my postings have said it was unidentified and flying along with my reasoning for discounting satellites & commercial aircraft but I never once said it was ET

And it doesn't fit perfectly seeing as though Sunday was crappy for BBQ weather and are you suggesting that a Chinese Lantern which has an advertised flight time of 20 minutes (this includes burning time as it's the burning time which keeps it in the air, same principles as hot air baloon really) managed to stay alight for over 24hours (assuming lantern was released around 9 or 10pm on Sunday) ?

So, lets get this right, all barbecues in the UK only occur when the weather is fine? Is that is what you're saying? So no barbecues happened last year as the UK spent most of it's time being drenched by rain.
Also, advertised flight time means absolutely nothing. Some of these lanterns have flown for hours, especially if they get caught in high wind currents. Last year I spent a lot of time tracking these lantern sightings over the East Lancs which were launched in Manchester. At height, and with a following wind they do look pretty bizarre. It doesn't change the fact they are lanterns. . . nothing more- nothing less.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

So, lets get this right, all barbecues in the UK only occur when the weather is fine? Is that is what you're saying? So no barbecues happened last year as the UK spent most of it's time being drenched by rain.

There you go again making up false claims/assumptions, I said it was crappy BBQ weather, I never said no BBQ's occured, how could I know ? I don't understand why you feel a need to make false assumptions in pursuit of your agenda, seeing as though I did entertain the idea of Lanterns being launched.

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.Also, advertised flight time means absolutely nothing. Some of these lanterns have flown for hours, especially if they get caught in high wind currents.

Hours ? Not days ? And now they fly wherever the wind takes them ?

And they do fly against the wind if they get high enough.

So what is it ?

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.Last year I spent a lot of time tracking these lantern sightings over the East Lancs which were launched in Manchester. At height, and with a following wind they do look pretty bizarre.

I'm sure they do look bizarre, can I ask why you spent alot of time tracking lanterns and how did you know when they were being launched ?

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.It doesn't change the fact they are lanterns. . . nothing more- nothing less.

What YOU saw may well have been lanterns, but how does this apply to what I saw ? You can say that 100% without a shadow of a doubt that what I saw was a Chinese Lantern ? Were you tracking it ? Did you see it yourself ?

Again I would like to see your evidence that "Chinese lanterns do pulse if they get high enough to be affected by atmospheric conditions. And they do fly against the wind if they get high enough."

I look forward to your response and hopefully fewer broad assumptions

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

At the time I belonged to a group based here in Merseyside which was tracking these lanterns, and yes, often we would have eye witness accounts of these things being launched just before a wave of UFO sightings came in.
Can I be sure what you saw was a lantern? Of course not but your sighting sounds so familiar to the dozens of others I looked at that I think it was a lantern you saw. However, I accept this means nothing to you as you are already sure that what you witnessed is something else entirely. I'm positive I can't change your mind so why should I bother?
Let me tell you what you want to hear. . . What you saw was an alien space ship piloted by little green men from the planet Argoo. Its just a coincidence that their ship looked like a chinese lantern!
Tell me, why do you ask people if they have any idea what you saw when you discount what they tell you? It, like you, doesn't make any sense!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

wow there you go with the broad assumptions yet again, I don't even know why I'm bothering entertaining your ideas.

I've not discounted it being a lantern, if I had I wouldn't waste my time asking you to provide me with evidence to back up your claims but you seem reluctant to do so. Surely the fact I'm asking for evidence, so that I can compare and contrast speaks volumes that I don't believe it was alien, also I've not at any point claimed it to be alien, if I thought it was alien and was going to refuse any other explanation, why would I ask anyone in the first place what it could be ?

Was it a Lantern ? Maybe, now give me some links which verify your claims so I can check and make my own mind up without being presumptious and going off hearsay

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Okay, take a look at this.

www.mara.org.uk...

It's from the group I used to belong to which studied such sightings. It goes right through the normal explanations usually given to the sightings which you have experienced. Read through it and see which most closely resembles what you saw. I have no interest in arguing with you but just let us know which one fits the bill.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Unfortunately it doesn't correspond to anything on there, there is nothing about Lanterns being able to Pulse and by Pulse I mean fade into darkness then intense light again and by intense I'm talking really intense like the Police helicopter search light.

Now I've never seen a Lantern before so I cannot say it wasn't a Lantern but from looking at vids I've seen of Lanterns and the description on Mara about them moving slowly across the sky just doesn't fit with what I saw.

I'm sorry to appear stubborn, but I'm not irrational and will happily bunk UFO sightings, offering logical suggestions going off my knowledge of satellites and aircraft but what I saw is like nothing I've ever come across before. I've seen alot of lights in the sky in the past couple of years, the majority (about 98%) have been either aircraft or Sats (thanks to me actually researching about them instead of blindly believing), the remaining 2% I cannot explain and I only posted this one as it's the weirdest one I've seen yet.

Sure it may well have been a Lantern, I accept that, but it just doesn't fit right comparing information I've obtained on Lanterns versus what I saw, it could also have been something military but it whatever the hell it was I cannot Identify it so it's a UFO to me.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Not so long ago a ufo sighting made the national press when a police helicopter climbed and circled around a ufo described as looking like a coke can. It eventually turned out to be a chines lantern. . .
However, if you say it Isn't I guess we have to move on to other possible explanations. You say it moved from north to south heading towards me in Liverpool. The only other thing I can come up with, and it is a long shot, is the Birmingham to Preston mail plane? It flies right over my house and sometimes its twin lights mounted on the wings can merge to become one large glowing light.
What do you think? Could that be it?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join