It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop arguing about issues and do something!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
How can the thousands of people who visit this website make a difference? Is arguing back and forth over issues amongst each other gonna do it? No I don't think so.

If you look on the political areas of these boards you constantly see posts arguing abortion, guns, iraq, enviroment, the presidents mistakes, etc.....

One way of making a difference of course is voting in every election you can from the local to federal level. Another way is to write or email your congressman and representitives in washington.

We elect congressmen and representatives based on how they relate to our views and whethere or not we feel they will vote on them based on our viewpoint. How do they know our viewpoint? We need to write and email concerning every issue such as these that are hotly debated.

If eveyone on that visits this site did so and got 2 others to do so also and went on other politically motivated sites and posted links to write congress it could make a difference. They need to see who's really in control, the people but people with no voice have no control over their government.

I am gonna post the links to the write your congressmen and representatives and I would like those on here who like to hotly debate issues write them and tell others to do so also. Post the links on as many sites as you can about it. Remember it's we the people, and there are a lot of people visit this site.

Write your congressmen and representatives and post what you sent here. Let us all see.
www.nwyc.com...
www.house.gov...

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Yes, this website can make a difference

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Personally, I scoff at those who say they won't vote because the system doesn't work. I believe they're in the minority here on ATS, though, or else are too young to vote.

So I say yes, the freedom of information should get us to participate in government, I never would have found out about the bill addressed in "Put Up Or Shut Up" had it not been for ATS.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I vote. I also work as a judge at the polls. If you can get a day off, it is a great non-partisan way to support the right to vote. Poll workers are always in short supply.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by glee
I vote. I also work as a judge at the polls. If you can get a day off, it is a great non-partisan way to support the right to vote. Poll workers are always in short supply.

Huh, never really thought about that, but that's a really good idea...I'm going to find out if I can do the same this November.

new topics

top topics

join