It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 10, 1966 CBS Reports: UFO Friend, Foe or Fantasy with Walter Cronkite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
A fascinating news report from 1966 on Ufos. It's anchored by the late great Walter Cronkite. It's worth a watch. Great for those like me who enjoy learning about the history of U.S. ufology.

www.theufochronicles.com...

[edit on 7/20/2009 by MissSmartypants]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
There's some marvelous history captured in the doc. The Michigan sightings reported on were the ones that led to Hynek's infamous Swamp Gas theory and to Gerald Ford calling for the Congressional investigation. Hynek comes off as open minded and we now know he became shortly after the most famous "defector" in Ufology.

The appearance of a very young Carl Sagan, more than a decade before Cosmos, with the same anti-people/anti-religion/science is God rap he maintained until he died was a sight to see.

There was too much time spent with contactees, and a lot of time spent on radar/NORAD. Of course the NORAD material was all a blatant lie. Any one with a passing knowledge of UFOs knows there have been many radar hits over the years.

The gentleman named Frank from Michigan was a compelling witness/interview subject. All in all, I think the documentary is a must see.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by fls13

I have to admit I'm still watching it. I find the whole progression of the medias coverage of ufos fascinating.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

There are many good documentaries about the phenomena, kinda like the Peter Jennings one that came out a few years ago........

Your video embedded for ease of viewing....

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Thanks for embedding for me...

computer illiterate..

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

Not a problem.

Thanks for posting

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by fls13

Thanks. Despite countless hours searching the web for ufo info, I had never seen these before today.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Thanks for posting these videos they are amazing, good job!

S+F for you !

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants
reply to post by fls13

Thanks. Despite countless hours searching the web for ufo info, I had never seen these before today.

I never saw them before yesterday. I certainly remember the 1973 flap, that's when I first got really interested in UFOs.

top topics

join