It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we don't care where Obama was born.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
San Fran being the bastion of intelligence.

Yes, as a matter of fact, it is. California in general, and Northern California in particular, have sterling literacy rates, and compared to the rest of the country, our students are statistically far less likely to drop out of high school and far more likely to go on to college.

You don't like us because we tend to be liberals, so you fantasize that we're not intelligent. Sorry, but quite the opposite is true. Intelligence and what you call "liberalism" happen to go hand-in-hand.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Reagen, Bush I, and Clinton all made signing statements, in fact signing statements goes all the way back to the early 1800's. They just weren't as common. Bush just did a lot of them.

Either way the Executive branch does not have the power to make laws they can only sign them into action. Signing statements are equivalent to making a note on the legislation saying I don't agree with this.

If the Judicial Branch follows it, then they are just as guilty. There is no constitutional argument about it. The government is corrupt and always has been.

Again Bush did not destroy the constitution single handed.

Either way it doesn't really matter, Obama is doing the same crap. Whats the difference. I've said this before and I'll say it again the only way any of this is going to stop is if we make them.

It's as simple as that.

Edit - to change the spelling of Judaical to Judicial due to human and spell checker error.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Oh, and the examples are NOT to numerous to list.

You misspelled "too."

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit
Yes, as a matter of fact, it is. California in general, and Northern California in particular, have sterling literacy rates

You don't like us because we tend to be liberals, so you fantasize that we're not intelligent. Sorry, but quite the opposite is true. Intelligence and what you call "liberalism" happen to go hand-in-hand.

Is that why California is handing out IOU's?

All that liberal brain power has been running that state into the ground for years and years until now you have to hand out IOU's.

Obama wants to do to the entire country what you smart ass liberals did to California.
Pathetic!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

flightsuit, you mention the numerous Muslims who were unfairly imprisoned.

Had I been in charge, I guarantee you there would not be a single one of those enemy combatants in prison.

I'd have shot them where I found them.

Weapon and no uniform?

Summary execution.

Done deal.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

You misspelled "too."

Instead of commenting on the substance, you comment about a typo.
Typical liberal strategy. You know you were beat on substance so you try to deflect.

That liberal brain power must be awesome.
I'm sure you have never had a typo in any of your posts. Give me a break loser.

[edit on 7/20/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

Are you serious? Are you sure you're not high on some of that soon to be legal stuff they're growing?

If you want consistancy, then it is the arrogance of the left that has never changed. Ivory tower elitists who could care less about what goes on in real life.
Your tone is condensending. But what else would you expect from someone who spends all their time looking down at anyone who refuses to think the same tripe as you do.

You belong to the party of "openess" and "understanding" and "inclusion" just as long as the other drones spew the same garbage as you do.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by kozmo

Why should you care where one is born?
what is the definition of being born English, American or Welsh, or anything else for that matter.
It is a stupid argument,and a stupid law.If you are born in a certain country, then you would be by law, a citizen of that country, like America, Britain and probably most other so-called Democratic countries which allows its citizens to become President or Prime Minister, or even Dictator.
I did include Britain, whose constitution is unwritten, and given a time period allows Commonwealth "citizens" to become a Prime Minister,however a Roman Catholic Prime Minister is so far not on the cards.
Anybody who lives in a Democratic country and who has not disgraced themselves should be allowed to be the chief.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by smurfy]

You know I keep reading these threads and it just amazes me how many people miss the point.

It's not about where he was born nearly as much as it is about the fact he would cover up the fact he is not eligible (intentionally break the law), and in the process cause a constitutional crisis apparently all for his desire for power.

If the president does not uphold the law and gets away with it, than it only demonstrates he is above the law. What happens when laws are no longer followed? This is how dictatorships start.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by proximo

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by kozmo

Why should you care where one is born?
what is the definition of being born English, American or Welsh, or anything else for that matter.
It is a stupid argument,and a stupid law.If you are born in a certain country, then you would be by law, a citizen of that country, like America, Britain and probably most other so-called Democratic countries which allows its citizens to become President or Prime Minister, or even Dictator.
I did include Britain, whose constitution is unwritten, and given a time period allows Commonwealth "citizens" to become a Prime Minister,however a Roman Catholic Prime Minister is so far not on the cards.
Anybody who lives in a Democratic country and who has not disgraced themselves should be allowed to be the chief.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by smurfy]

You know I keep reading these threads and it just amazes me how many people miss the point.

It's not about where he was born nearly as much as it is about the fact he would cover up the fact he is not eligible (intentionally break the law), and in the process cause a constitutional crisis apparently all for his desire for power.

If the president does not uphold the law and gets away with it, than it only demonstrates he is above the law. What happens when laws are no longer followed? This is how dictatorships start.

Nixon felt he was above the law. But then again he was a republican so that's different I guess.

Good point.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

If the Judaical Branch follows it, then they are just as guilty.

Hey, come on, leave the Jews out of this!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I, honestly, cannot believe alot of what I am reading in this thread!!!!

I am sooooooo sick & tired of the way so many Americans think nowdays. I, totally, understand why I do not even like most of the people I come into contact with!!! Most of the masses just throw up alot of what some have posted here....it is disgusting, to say the least!!

WHO CARES IF A PRESIDENT IS NOT CONSTITUTIONALLY QUALIFIED TO HOLD THE OFFICE?!??!?!!??!??!???!!!!?? @#@$##@!@$

No damn wonder our politicians ignore our Constitution!! Most Americans have been so dumbed down, and brainwashed, that THEY do not even know how important following it is! I do not give a rats a** who the politician is - Dem or Rep. They are all the same anyway - just wearing different masks.

If anyone is gonna complain about how Bush, or any other President, trashed our Constitution.....how, pray tell, might it be okay for this President to do the same thing??

Obama is gonna bring America back?!?!?!? Lord, no wonder our own politicians treat the Constitution like it's toliet paper - when the people do!! There should be nothing more important - concerning our government - than whether or not they are following Constitutional requirements and guidelines. But they are being ignored day after day and have been for decades. And, the masses stand up and cheer about it. ~shaking head~

I am just so confused about whether or not I would choose to stand, maybe someday, and fight against those that trash the Constitution. For whom?!?!? The People, such as many here, who say ignoring it doesn't matter??? What a fricking disgrace many so-called Americans have become.....

It makes me so very sad for all those who have given their lives fighting so that the USA could continue to have our Constitution. Guess alot of people will not really miss it until it is TOTALLY gone!!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

How many years have you been sitting in Rev. Wrights church?
You are a sad little liberal.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by A Bunch of Nervous Conservatives

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

You guys are all laboring under the delusion that this is a question of liberal versus conservative. It's not. It's a question of rational, moral, mainstream, middle-of-the-road American people versus the blind nationalism that has cost us so much.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Not nice. Racist. But you're a liberal, so that makes it ok. Want to pick on another ethnic group next?

How about people who cling to their guns and bibles?

-snort-

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Not nice. Racist. But you're a liberal, so that makes it ok. Want to pick on another ethnic group next?

-snort-

Would you 2 stop it, please!!! Hijacking this thread for your own little battle is taking up alot of space and of no regard concerning this topic!!

GEESH............

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

You guys are all laboring under the delusion that this is a question of liberal versus conservative. It's not. It's a question of rational, moral, mainstream, middle-of-the-road American people versus the blind nationalism that has cost us so much.

Arrogant AND racist. Are you sure you're not a member of the Obama administration?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I apologize to all who feel that the thread has been hijacked. I am guilty of following the OP to the lowest common denominator. But, as I often remind my son, it takes two to argue.

I will take great pains to stay on topic.

-seriously-

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Intelligence and what you call "liberalism" happen to go hand-in-hand.

If that was only true.

You're confusing intellectualism with intelligence.

The former, intellectualism, is not a particularly admirable characteristic, as it suggests that all of your knowledge is theoretical — "book-learned," if you will — and utterly lacking in life experience. This is a near-perfect description of liberalism, as well.

The latter, intelligence, is something you are born with, or without, and has nothing to do with acquired knowledge. In my experience, the most intelligent individuals, the most pragmatic and capable, tend to exhibit a mature and conservative personal philosophy.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

-snort-

What do you mean, "Not nice. Racist?" You're the one who misspelled "judicial" so that it reads like the kind of made-up word that a dumb hick would use when attempting to reference Judaism. I was just giving you grief for that.

And before you get your panties in a bunch, I do understand that you were not attempting to reference Judaism in any way. I just thought your typo was quite funny, especially in light of the fact that the ATS board checks spelling for you as you type.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Arrogant AND racist. Are you sure you're not a member of the Obama administration?

Explain to me how I'm racist. Please.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join