It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we don't care where Obama was born.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit
Barack Obama exudes competence, and his decisions so far have been indicative of a leader who is moral, compassionate, humble, rational, and strong. It's been a long, long time since we've had somebody with those qualities running our country, and a man who embodies those qualities is not likely to have committed fraud in order to get elected.

OMG!....Holy #! Are you serious or are you on drugs?

This is the funniest and most deluded thing I have read in a long, long time.

What you just stated would be true ONLY if you somehow transported through a wormhole which sent you to the opposite of planet Earth.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

But you right-wingers have no business complaining, 'cause it was your White House that established and solidified the precedent of ignoring the constitution.

Once again the voice of youthful ignorance lashes out at...something...

It never fails to amaze me how ignorant the youth of America really are regarding U.S. and world history. The only difference between the Bill Clinton and George Bush administrations was the fact that the leftist liberals approved of all the same "crimes" and "injustices" when committed by Clinton.

The Clinton Administration deployed more U.S. troops on more futile military engagements around the world than any other president in U.S. history, including the Bush administration. Do you know that we still have American "peacekeeping" troops in Bosnia, more than 9 years after Bill Clinton left office? We're still paying for Clinton's hare-brained militarism.

Did you know Bill Clinton ordered American missiles launched on Iraq and other nations during peacetime, and that he did so without consulting the U.N. Security Council? For those of you who are totally ignorant of international law, Clinton's actions were an act of international terrorism. Even George W. Bush consulted the Security Council and waited 18 months before invading Iraq — meaning Bush followed international law where Bill Clinton did not.

Did you know that the first terrorist attack on the World Trade Center occurred on Bill Clinton's watch, perpetrated by the same group of Muslim fanatics who later brought the Twin Towers down? And Bill Clinton had Osama Bin Laden in the palm of his hand, but refused to prosecute him. There's also plenty of anecdotal evidence and conspiracy theory to suggest that Clinton's administration bombed the Federal Building in Oklahoma City, in addition to murdering every man, woman and child at the Branch Davidian compound in Waco.

Clinton's administration left a trail of death and misery wherever it went, nevermind the multiple scandals that shat all over the Constitution and the American people. George Bush was a lightweight compared to Bill Clinton.

Yet here are these uneducated kids who think George W. Bush "established and solidified the precedent of ignoring the constitution"... Mother of Christ, it's as if their entire knowledge of American history begins and ends with George Bush.

A sad comment on our educational system and the intellectual vacuum between the ears of American youth.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Why should you care where one is born?
what is the definition of being born English, American or Welsh, or anything else for that matter.
It is a stupid argument,and a stupid law.If you are born in a certain country, then you would be by law, a citizen of that country, like America, Britain and probably most other so-called Democratic countries which allows its citizens to become President or Prime Minister, or even Dictator.
I did include Britain, whose constitution is unwritten, and given a time period allows Commonwealth "citizens" to become a Prime Minister,however a Roman Catholic Prime Minister is so far not on the cards.
Anybody who lives in a Democratic country and who has not disgraced themselves should be allowed to be the chief.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I agree with the premise of the OP.

But does anyone really think this ignoring of the constitution started with GWB?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Once again the voice of youthful ignorance lashes out at...something...

It never fails to amaze me how ignorant the youth of America really are regarding U.S. and world history.

You flatter me. I am neither ignorant, nor youthful.

I lived through the world history you mistakenly believe I'm ignorant about. And just so you know, I voted for Bob Dole when he ran against Bill Clinton. I agree that Clinton and Bush are the same breed of scum, answering to the same robber-barons.

Barack Obama proves on a daily basis that he is cut from different cloth.

We elected Barack and we got our country back.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The OP is a load of lies, but I have to go back to the fundamental question.

If Bush's crimes were so severe and if you revere the Constitution so much, why would a truly illegal presidency be okay with you and the left?

That's like having your cake and eating it, too.

There simply is no evidence to support your claims against Bush, but even if they were true, why would a non-natural-born citizen be okay in the White House?

It just doesn't make sense.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Please be specific and tell us with your vast wisdom what part of our country we got back. It seems to me we are losing more and more everyday Obama is in office.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

So, that was all a dream?

Or did you forget how Bush destroyed the constitution single handedly?

Bush did not destroy the Constitution.

You can believe it if you wish, but it has not happened.

You want to see some destruction, feast your eyes upon the current Congress.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

George W Bush didn't destroy the constitution completely- but- he did establish a lot of precincts, like, that it can just be treated as a piece of paper. Obama is now following that.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It's been my observation that social and religious conservatives love to fantasize that they're being persecuted and oppressed. It seems to be an integral part of the neo-conservative / Republican / "Christian" / angry-white-male / racist-sexist experience. Hence your fantasy that the Obama White House is somehow eroding our freedoms or changing America for the worse.

Open your eyes.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/49ae660ba7e5b6f1.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I lived through the world history you mistakenly believe I'm ignorant about... I agree that Clinton and Bush are the same breed of scum, answering to the same robber-barons.

Yet, in spite of your living through the nightmare of the Clinton administration, you rather boldly declare that George Bush "established and solidified the precedent of ignoring the constitution"??

If that statement is not an example of ignorance, then it is surely an example of outright stupidity, or at least of transparent and mean-spirited propaganda.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

It seems to be an integral part of the neo-conservative / Republican / "Christian" / angry-white-male / racist-sexist experience.

And with that statement it's obvious you have been sitting in Rev. Wright's church along with Obama.

You are the racist biggot pretending to be normal. Pathetic and sad.

Hence your fantasy that the Obama White House is somehow eroding our freedoms or changing America for the worse.

It's not fantasy when it is actually happening. Get your head out of the sand before Obama makes your butt sore.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

Do you really think that Obama isn't taking away our freedoms?

Or did you forget that Obama's DHS lists protests as low level terrorist threats?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Bush didn't do anything by himself, he had the republicans and democrats to help him along.

If you think all the intelligence agencies just started spying on us when Bush was in office you are sadly mistaken. After 9/11 it just gave justification to bring it out into the open.

The constitution has been under attack since the inception of the document. A bunch of power hungry politicians got rid of the Articles of Confederation because it didn't give the government any power, and such the US Constitution was born.

Either way it doesn't make any of right. Bush, Obama, Clinton, Reagen, FDR, Eisenhower, Truman, Johnson, Nixon, Carter, Hoover, and on and on and on. Each of them started a precedent that has just grown and grown.

If you really want to blame it on somebody blame it on FDR, he was the one that really got the ball rolling on the idea of "progressivism".

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
It's bad enough we get AM talk radio; I wouldn't watch television if you paid me."

Well you must be getting some information from somewhere.San Fran being the bastion of intelligence. (?)

"What the Hell are you talking about? I know all the damned idiots have been panicking and buying up all the ammunition because they're fantasizing that Obama's gonna take their guns away, but can you provide any evidence that this is actually going to happen? Unless I'm mistaken, Obama has done nothing to infringe on anybody's right to self-defense or freedom of speech. "

HR 45 skippy. Do your homework
Also look up what the've done with this latest hate crime bill, and what DHS is doing for freedom of assembly and free speech.

"As to that 10th amendment, I suppose you might be able to come up with something, but I do find it odd that the people who scream the loudest about "state's rights" always seem to be doing so because they're worried that individual states might lose the ability to discriminate against people or take away their freedoms."

Look at your own state. The federal government is giving all of your state parks the eye. . .

"OK, you're joking, right? Never in my life have I seen our country's economy and employment rates take a nose-dive the way they did under Bush/Cheney. It will take decades to undo the damage those bastards did to our country, and you want to blame Obama for the disaster that he inherited? Wow."

And Obama has raised the level of employment? Nope. Right now we have 36 states that have double digit unemployment thanks to your Glorious Leader. And it's only going to get worse. Blaming Bush for the decisions your guy makes is laughable at best and pitiful at worst.

"NEWS FLASH: America owed the world an apology. A huge apology. We have slaughtered, illegally imprisoned, and tortured more innocent Arabs and Muslims than we can count. We have brought shame upon ourselves, and terror to the world with our neo-con empire building.

There is nothing undignified, shameful, or unpatriotic about admitting that this is the truth, letting the world know that we are as appalled as they are, and promising to make sure it never happens again. This is how we earn back the good will of our historical allies and the world in general. This is how we start being America again."

Screw them. We've helped more people and more countries than we've ever hurt. Obama has taken a strong country and made it weak. That may make you proud, but it makes me sick!

"Can we all please agree that "I just threw up a little in my mouth" is so 2008, and stop saying it? Surely you can come up with something original? "

Sure, why not. How about. . . "Welcome to Barackistan, leave your freedom at the door."

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Yes he did things by himself. You wanna know what one of the things he did was? One of the things he did was to give himself the power to change any law essentially that he wanted to. In one of his signing statements he gave himself the power to do this.

H.R. 2068, an act to revise, codify, and enact without substantive change certain general and permanent laws, related to public buildings, property, and works (P.L. 107-217)

www.coherentbabble.com...

He made a lot of other signing statements too. He established a dangerous president with the signing statements that almost became tyrannical. He did do things himself.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Frankidealist35]

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The reason almost every American citizen's bunghole is on fire, is from the constant rooting Obama has been giving us since taking office.

Not satisfied with just rooting the current generation, he actually figured a way to screw another two unborn generations.

Bush was a car wreck.

Obama is a catastrophy Old Testament style.

Obamanation is an abomination.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Please be specific and tell us with your vast wisdom what part of our country we got back. It seems to me we are losing more and more everyday Obama is in office.

OK, well, the examples are too numerous to list, but here's just one:

Bush/Cheney illegally imprisoned countless Arabs, Muslims, and even a few other folks in Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo, many of whom were completely innocent of any wrongdoing (some of whom were tortured, raped, and/or killed) and when decent, right-thinking Americans attempted to find out who these prisoners were, and perhaps get them some legal representation, Bush/Cheney decreed that the hallowed institution of Habeas Corpus, a concept which predates our republic by a good many centuries, was null-and-void, thus putting each and every single one of us at the mercy of the police state they were building.

Now, under Obama, GITMO is being shut down. I can recall on the night of his election, when the whole country was partying in the streets, one reporter asked a black lady on the street for her comment, and she described Obama's victory as "an act of God."

God, or a country that has finally decided to get its head out of its ass.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Bush/Cheney illegally imprisoned

I guess you don't understand fact from opinion.
There is nothing illegal about Gitmo. Good lord, you are brainwashed.

Now, under Obama, GITMO is being shut down.

No, its not.

It will remain open for a long, long time. Obama said he would just it down immediately but now he says that the prisoners will likely stay there indefinitely.
This is one thing I'm glad Obama screwed up because those losers should stay in Gitmo.

Oh, and the examples are NOT to numerous to list. This is probably the only one you could think of and you were wrong.

[edit on 7/20/2009 by WhatTheory]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join