It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Cities' Plummeting Crime Rates Mystifying

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I like how they try to put their usual spin on the article. 'It's the police, "They're so awesome at what they do!" There could be lots of explanations but of course they give all the credit to the authorities and none to average everyday citizens WITH GUNS!

Thanks and star for that, nunya13! That's exactly the point I was getting at: the media should give credit where credit is due, not credit where credit is politically expedient. Couldn't have said it better. Thank you all for the replies, insight, stars and flags.

TA

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I can think of a really simple explanation from several incidences over the past few years: failure of cops to respond to emergency calls, refusal to do their job and failure of the courts to prosecute.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
A buddy of mine who is a cop said that petty crimes have actually gone up but they decide to report or prosecute less. Who knows if it's true? All I know is that we only see the numbers they decide to show us.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Well I blame it on iPhone and Facebook.

Facebook: Well, ever click on a few friend's pages to only dive into their friends and their friend's friends and then get sidetracked cyberstalking the hottie that randomly popped up on a picture and then check her out only to discover more hotties? Next thing you know the sun is coming up and you've just missed the perfect window for home invasions etc. LOL.

iPhone: Well, cause it's a great toy.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
As prison sentences increase in length for repeat offenders, crime rates do go down.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'm wondering why gun sales would reduce the amount of crimes. I dont imagine that criminals sit there examining the gun sales figures and making a cost risk analysis based on high gun sales.

I think it's probably because of the economic problems.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

it is partially true that you cannot account the low crime rate to just one thing.

I agree 100%. I just found it funny that the MSM reports things like this and only mentions the politically correct explanations. .

TA

I find it funny you say that, yet you have a picture in your avatar which deinitely doesn't reflect the reality of the situation which it originated from. Obviously intellectual crime is not reflected in the statistics or they would be sky high.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join