It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[New] UFO Photographed by Astronaut During Spacewalk?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
wow great catch, i wonder how they will try to explain this one away... looks pretty unidentified to me and you have the astronaut taking pictures... star and flag.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Exiting find, S+F. Looking forward to more of this blue doughnut sightings.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Last night on the show being showed on the 40th Anniversary of our Moon landing called, First on the Moon the untold story showed Buzz seeing an object and pointing it out to Neil and Neil watching it through a binocular then them contacting NASA. The words unidentified flying object and ufo were used.

Also showed the Communion Buzz did so that Chalice is still up there.

We all know until a ship is close enough to get great detail and an Alien is looking out at you, it isn't going to believed and even then they will say it was cgi.

As of now you either believe or you don't people on the fence I just chuckle at myself.

As with everything time might tell.

I will say you did an excellent job of getting the photo's to share, thanks.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by observe50]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I could advice NASA to use this nex time to avoid panic. This secret device with code name "TULIP" eliminate all UFOs.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by odyseusz]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Hmm... 18,000 pieces of space junk, and people think its impossible to catch any of it on film?

Its most likely a of space junk that is slightly out of focus.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Hate to ruin the party but not sure anyone pointed this out. Its lens flare, look just to the left of the cnn logo on the bottom right in the first pic there are two more. As much as I wish it to be real I am afraid it is not.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by scootermonster

When there are infinite amounts of planets, any permutation of life is possible. I propose that we should fear the Arrival of the Donuts!

ps I believe in the existence of alien lifeforms.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'm sorry E, but I just noticed this

While everybody else has been posting clear examples of lens refraction, I didn't notice any obvious signs of it on the OP at first, but after taking a closer look, you can clearly see it on the lower portion of the screen.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a6f08756d057.jpg[/atsimg]

Now it is kinda strange that the Astronaut has his camera out so to speak, but I think this one might just be a coincidence.

Don't get me wrong here people. I am a believer, just not a blind one.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Overload

How do you account for the object in these images?

Astronaut Dave Wolf Was in a hurry to get his camera pointed at this one - this view is from his helmet-cam:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/11737948b068.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d8d07b52757d.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RiotComing

and unfortunately the thread was dominated by skeptics assuring us that the 'hole in the middle' is an out of focus lens artifact, nothing more than that.

Damn, NASA sure has some crappy cameras for that billion upon billions of tax dollars they get.

Reply to Exuberabt1

Good stuff and good eye, I find these recurring "things" floating around in LEO very odd to say the least,lol. I am anxious to hear some alternate explanations for this one.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I also am of the opinion that the donuts are in fact lifeforms which don't fit into any earthly taxonomy - my first impression of the tether video was that of a petre (sp?) dish under examination by a microscope.

It has also been demonstrated that these things change direction, speed, etc as if under self-control if not intelligent. Im surprised that noone has asked the obvious though...with all these donuts about...are we under stakeout by intergallactic cops?

edit: not earthy, earthly.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Cole DeSteele]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I can't account for these bud. And I will not play the de-bunk game when I am on the wrong side.

Those image are a much better case, I will agree.

I must admit that I am on the fence about these, as one clearly shows lens flare and the others does not.

If we had video of these "critters" going behind something(STS-75), then I would totally agree that these are true Unidentified. But with these stills,,, its very debatable.

Yes jkrog....I have said it time and time again. Millions upon millions of My money for old Polaroid looking images an video.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Overload

I'd like to see those images that Wolf took.

You should have seen him go. I'm surprised at how deftly he manipulated that camera once he got it in his hands. The new gloves are as good as they look - well at least they look more functional than the older ones....

I wonder if they'll even let Mr. Wolf see the pictures he took.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Hi everyone
i just joined ATS today (been checking it out for a year tho) .

I just wanted to say that the object looks alot like the objects in the Nasa Tether incident from STS-75....

my 2 cents

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech

Originally posted by Overload

It looks like the little space jellyfish critter things that are in the STS Tether incident vid
I don't believe these little orbs/discs are UFO's at all but actual lifeforms, curious, playful and observant of what we are up to in space!
The question is though, why the hell doesn't NASA want us seeing them ? What harm would it do if the world knew there were little curious jellyfish space critters out there

[edit on 20/7/09 by Discotech]

I think what harm it could do is "burst" the massive bubble of disinfo that there is no observable life on any other planets never mind actual lifeforms floating about the vacuum of SPACE!

Now if they had to admit that there's little "space jellyfish critter things" then that would mean life can be possible in an empty vacuum?

Now you see them trying to make everyone believe that there is no life on any of the planets after that small insignificant piece of info got out? It would be massive they would have a tsunami of people wanting the truth once and for all rather than this intricate web of lies and deceit that has all the "sheep people" backing up these lies
As they are followers of watever lies is being spouted by the person thats next up on the chain of coolness if you will?
The person that they respect and believe what they say is true, and "fashionable" to believe and do theyre just "keeping up with the jonesys" in material wealth and also what topics its safe to believe and speak about without being mocked!

Thats probably why they dont just come out with the truth, well one of the many reasons anyway?

peace

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by watsgoingon?

NASA could start by saying that it is not a new life form - but instead say they are actually balls of plasma with life-like qualities.

This would get the ball rolling towards the truth.

NASA could even cite the work of David Bohm:

Bohm, a leading expert in twentieth century plasma physics, observed in amazement that once electrons were in plasma, they stopped behaving like individuals and started behaving as if they were a part of a larger and interconnected whole. Although the individual movements of each electron appeared to be random, vast numbers of electrons were able to produce collective effects that were surprisingly well organized and appeared to behave like a life form. The plasma constantly regenerated itself and enclosed impurities in a wall in the same way that a biological organism, like the unicellular amoeba, might encase a foreign substance in a cyst. So amazed was Bohm by these life-like qualities that he later remarked that he frequently had the impression that the electron sea was "alive" and that plasma possessed some of the traits of living things. The debate on the existence of plasma-based life forms has been going on for more than 20 years ever since some models showed that plasma can mimic the functions of a primitive cell.

They can, for instance, divide to form copies of the original structure; which then interact to induce changes in their neighbors that evolve into other new structures. The less stable structures break down over time leaving behind only the structures that are most adapted to the environment. "These complex, self-organized plasma structures exhibit all the necessary properties to qualify them as candidates for inorganic living matter", says Tsytovich, "they are autonomous, they reproduce and they evolve".

He adds that the ionized conditions needed to form these helical structures are common in outer space. If that is so, then it will mean that plasma life forms are the most common life form in the universe, given that plasma makes up more than 99% of our visible universe which is almost everywhere ionized. This is in stark contrast to carbon-based life forms, which according to the Rare Earth hypothesis proposed by Peter Ward and Donald Brownlee, would be rare in the universe due to a number of factors - including the need for an acceptable range of temperatures to survive. Complex carbon based life may be as rare as solid rocky bodies like the Earth in the universe.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
no way i saw this to last night and i thought it was part of the arm. how did i miss that

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

As can be seen at the 26:00 mark, Wolf was not getting his camera out. He was detaching himself from the robotic arm. He was not paying the least attention to the lens reflection, it was behind him (and of course, he couldn't see it anyway).

Day six highlights

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Here is astronaut Dave Wolf - With his Camera at the ready:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/86093d728a53.jpg[/atsimg]

*Note the Camera in his Hands and oriented towards the UFO:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/11737948b068.jpg[/atsimg]

Nice Try Phage.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by odyseusz
I could advice NASA to use this nex time to avoid panic. This secret device with code name "TULIP" eliminate all UFOs.

So would these

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2b440868eb0f.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join