It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless get paid to stand in line for DC lobbyists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

The homeless are taking to the halls of Congress, waiting in line for public hearings -- up to 30 hours of waiting -- for valuable face time with Congressional representatives and senators. With some public hearings offering only 10 seats to the public, the homeless are shutting all others out.

It might be good for our representatives to hear from this segment of the population and their concerns about such issues as affordable housing, employment, and health care, to name but a few. However, it's not the voices of the homeless population the politicians on the Hill will be hearing from; it's the lobbyists who are paying the them to sit in line and guarantee those few precious public seats.

Source Link: rawstory.com...

Hmm, let me think for a moment? Okay, getting paid to stand in line? I guess it doesn't matter if your homeless or unemployed or simply bored and would like to make a little spare change. I guess for me the question is, are the lobbyists once again playing by the rules and is this where or how our money should be spent simply so they can bribe our officials to pass bills, laws or acts that don't benefit us what so ever? Hmm?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rams59lb

It might be good for our representatives to hear from this segment of the population and their concerns about such issues as affordable housing, employment, and health care, to name but a few.

That sounds great if those standing in line would turn down the money and actually speak to congress.

If that's the case, it actually sounds like a good way to slow the lobbyists down if others are willing to pay them to just say whatever they feel like saying.

new topics

join