It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October Surprise And The Media - Vintage Video From "Alternative Views"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Author and journalist Harvey Wasserman examines the "October Surprise," the most monumental story of the past few decades, but one which has been covered up by most of the Establishment media, particularly the TV networks. The central activity of this effort was the clandestine arrangement of the prime movers in the Reagan campaign of 1980 with the Iran government to hold the American hostages in the embassy until after the elections in return for arms to be shipped to Iran after Reagan assumed office. Wasserman wrote stories about this in the alternative press as well as some Establishment papers.

Part: One

Part: Two

Co-hosts: Frank Morrow and Doug Kellner
Researcher: Mike Jankowski
Technical adviser: Brian Koenigsdorf
edit on 8-6-2015 by ATSmediaPRO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Fantastic stuff!

It never ceases to amaze me that so many people still think Reagan was a great president, even on a site like this

I mean, we are not talking about Niburu or shape shifting reptilians here.
This is well documented, accepted history.

this should be mandatory viewing for everyone on ATS.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Given the events and dirty tricks of the bush minor administration I would put absolutely nothing past the hard right conservatives.

I do not trust them...
Their ideas are crack pot and that is being polite
they run fast and furious with the truth (but to be fair both polarities do)
They think that they are the only true patriots
they insult the left and whine like babies when we return the compliment
they have no respect for democracy

I could go on...

I believed the October surprise idea when it first came out in 81 and the events of the past 27 years have not changed my opinion...

AND when you take into consideration the Iran Contra deal...

Nothing would surprise me...BUT

like Watergate...Reagan, like Nixon would have still won without the dirty tricks.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Given the events and dirty tricks of the bush minor administration I would put absolutely nothing past the hard right conservatives.

Way to fall right into the trap of good side and bad side.

Or maybe you didn't deliberately leave out the other side of the same coin (hard left) on purpose?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrVertigo

this should be mandatory viewing for everyone on ATS.

Well maybe ATS should have some sort of area where all evidence is given as hard evidence and it be presented like a classroom study or something like it. Like some sort of ATS conspiracy school. And maybe they have the sites top mods and such vote on what actually makes it in so no funny business. . .

I have a hard time thinking people still believe in this government even that we have now with all the ridiculous shenanigans going on. People seem so involved in their everyday media frenzy to such extent that talking about what the government is doing and the consequences is almost taboo. Even with family and friends. No one seems to care. It's like they're waiting for some kind of direction to go yet will not find that path on their own. It's such garbage.

EDIT: Even when you are able to talk about current and past government affairs with other individuals they just spew the garbage out they hear on the news without any factual evidence like what the TV Box says is actually true 100% all of the time no questions asked.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by born2BWild]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

There is no functioning hard left in this country...at least in the halls of power whereas there is most certainly a hard right there.

top topics

join