It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AOL poll looks like a conspiracy to tell Obama he sucks!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
A poll on AOL?

Isn't that kinda like a height contest in munchkinland?

Only mental midgets subscribe.

Sorry, but not a very erudite source. I'll accept SD's Gallup. At least it is reality based.

Oh and.....the headline for this thread is misleading and fraught with supposition and bias.

BTW, nice mugs.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Sarcasm is sometimes hard to read on the internet...the thing is, what you said originally is something I would actually expect someone to say

The whole country (besides those who love Obama because of his color, and what he plans on doing for the lazy such as health care) is saying no against his health plan.

A VERY small percentage wants it to go through. Just look at the AOL poll...

news.aol.com...

To me, this is the most reliable information we have! A simple vote poll with around 100,000 people voting for it. Not some random percentage numbers given by a news source. People actually "voted" on that poll.

82% of people disapprove it.

KEEP TRUCKING OBAMA! We all know that the people who voted for you didn't have this in mind, even if you did say it plenty of times.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Can you give us a more reliable source?

You know, not something where they ask 10 people, or a biased group goes around asking certain stereotypical people to get the results they want.

How is that poll bad? To make that assumption, you must be inferring that AOL.com somehow attracts republicans only or something?

How does the topic title have bias? The "AOL Poll" is highly in disfavor of Obama. In other words, they think he sucks. The only thing wrong about it is that it isn't a conspiracy, it is the truth.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by FritosBBQTwist]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist

How is that poll bad?

People can vote multiple times, groups can communicate with their followers and have them show up to vote. It is unscientific and it truly means nothing. Heck CNN does one of these a day with that windbag Cafferty. They are instruments to get hits for their site, nothing more.

Edit: Again ... www.gallup.com...

[edit on 20 Jul 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

While that poll says otherwise, I still have many doubts regarding its legitimacy. I guess your question about re-voting also gives me concerns about the AOL poll, yet how would one go about and doing that?

Do they phone the same houses? Are supporters more keen to actually taking the phone poll? Do they have past records of certain callers? Are they giving us all the information, or holding some back in regards to who they called? Maybe they called areas such as Chicago and other Obama supporting areas?

Maybe not?

How would one go about and vote more than one time in the AOL poll? I am sure that is possible though.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I really don't think it's so much of a conspiracy to indicate Obama sucks.

Especially since Obama sucks more than a black hole.

Ask Larry Sinclair.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

To make that assumption, you must be inferring that AOL.com somehow attracts republicans only or something?

I apologize if my inference was vague.

What I meant to say is that only idiots frequent AOL.

I don't recall mentioning any political party affiliation, but if you'd like to infer that, don't let me stop you.

It is a vote-frequently, non scientific poll. Kinda like American idol if you get my drift.

EDIT TO ADD:

I think the intent of this thread (judging from the headline) is quite clear.

I honestly don't know what makes some people so ignorant, but whatever it is sure seems to be working.

Regards....KK

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Thats a lot of idiots!

I "frequent" AOL.com because it might have one or two interesting stories every other day.

Guess I am an idiot.

While gallop claims to be scientific, I still have many questions regarding it (see previous post of mine).

Like others said, a poll is not needed to show that many people (to me, it seems like the majority of America) are unhappy with him. Even more people (Including supporters) hate his health reform he wants to push through.

By no means is this AOL poll "scientific", but to some of us it is quite ironic at how many supposed votes are against him, and yet he continues to go about his business.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

By no means is this AOL poll "scientific", but to some of us it is quite ironic at how many supposed votes are against him, and yet he continues to go about his business.

The ONLY votes that counted were last November. I suggest you get used to it.

Sore loser much?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It should be dismissed. It's an AOL poll. Who still uses AOL?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

The ONLY votes that counted were last November. I suggest you get used to it.

Sore loser much?

This sounds very similar to the comments being made by Republicans in 2001. Seems like a pot/kettle issue to me.

Other than that, I have to agree that the AOL poll is not scientific at all.I like Rasmusses's polls the best as they give the most information and also post the trending information, something that most other polls never include. One of the first thing taught in a statistics class is that those votes other than "strongly approve" or "strongly disapprove" don't really mean much. If you were to take the two numbers representing the extremes of a view and compare them, you get an index of those who have strong views. The other votes in a poll just give you what those on the fence may think. As of today, the "approval Index" on Rasmussen is -7% against Obama. This is down from a high of +25% back in January. Some of this can be attributed to the "luster" of a new President finally rubbing off but not all.

I believe that many people who voted for Obama thought that he would work wonders when he got into office. Most of these people are idealists, which isn't a bad thing. When idealists get duped, though, they tend to turn aggressively against the focus of their idealism. I believe that this is happening now and, if it continues, the Democrats in Congress may be in trouble next year.

Rasmussen daily tracking poll

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by soontide
I believe that many people who voted for Obama thought that he would work wonders when he got into office. Most of these people are idealists, which isn't a bad thing. When idealists get duped, though, they tend to turn aggressively against the focus of their idealism. I believe that this is happening now and, if it continues, the Democrats in Congress may be in trouble next year.

Wow the fresh voice of reason. I can honestly relate to your words. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

reply to post by schrodingers dog

While that poll says otherwise, I still have many doubts regarding its legitimacy. I guess your question about re-voting also gives me concerns about the AOL poll, yet how would one go about and doing that?

Do they phone the same houses? Are supporters more keen to actually taking the phone poll? Do they have past records of certain callers? Are they giving us all the information, or holding some back in regards to who they called? Maybe they called areas such as Chicago and other Obama supporting areas?

Maybe not?

How would one go about and vote more than one time in the AOL poll? I am sure that is possible though.

It is very possible to vote more than once. I needed to make sure it was possible before posting the howto. This was not done to screw the poll but who knows how many others have done this. All you (or anyone else out there) have to do is clear your browsers cookies. The polling website sets a cookie on your PC so it knows that you have voted.

Try it for yourself and vote multiple times. But it is interesting still. Thanks for your post and bringing these statistics to light as it encouraged others to post the Gallup poll which I hadn't seen before.

edit: grammar

[edit on 22-7-2009 by zandz]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

I agree Obama SUCKS, but I knew that three years ago,I am not surprised by any of this,

[edit on 103131p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
One of the poster remined me of Obama's Pastor( cough, choke),who said

"God damn America".

Now in retrospect, that is exactly what Obama did.

[edit on 103131p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This poll isn't fair and its not scientific. How on earth can You have a fair poll when all the Obama worshipers are watching American Idol, & Dancing with the stars while drinking Kool-aid.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by THX-1138

...but I knew that three years ago....

Hey now, he wasn't out of the cloning chamber yet, or was it the operation to change him from osama, to obama? Or was he still in Hell, preparing for his role as the Anichrist?

Regardless. You COULDN'T have known that three years ago.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

If by sore loser you mean I am upset that there is a president that is not helping the basic issues we have been facing for the past 8-12 years, and on top of that increasing problems and even if some of his ideas are not passing, he is causing uproar among many.

A poll doesn't change my mind on him. It was delightful actually thinking that many people hate him, but who knows if it is true or not.

To me, Obama is pushing is to worse means and if McCain won, he would leave us sit to worse means.

There is to much information in the scenes that we can't see to even make a rational thought on who is really for the people. That any person with a bit of power.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The honeymoon period is well and truly over, time to start walking the walk.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
O!M!G!

Listen. People listen to this. I went to the poll site again and voted. I left the pop-up window open after the last of the six questions so I could compare the votes with the next time I tried to vote. Then I cleared my cookies and voted again. The number of votes DID NOT change. I am voting early in the morning here on the east coast in America. It is 3:58 right now. Not a lot of people at the polling site. In fact there have been no new voters in the past few minutes. I voted at 3:45AM, cleared cookies, voted again, cleared cookies, and voted again. No change in the number of votes. You CAN NOT vote more than once. THERE REALLY ARE THAT MANY PEOPLE WHO THINK OBAMA SUCKS! LOL!!
This poll shows that Obama has reached the highest peak of suckness.
Get it correct now... he sucks!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join