It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligent life on other planets?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This is my first message so I thought id make it an interesting one....
Has anyone heard the theory of expansion?

Basically, theres a possibility that the earth began as a tiny molecule that expanded. We are in the middle. Because we are in the centre that means we have had less time to mature and grow than the outside, making us the most primative of all life forms.......

Whatever is on the outside would be much more intelligent and advanced than us because they have been around much longer....thats probably why we haven't heard from them. It would be like regressing for them to visit us, we're much to primitive!

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I assume you mean the universe when you said earth. I have heard of expansion but never tried to relate it to E.T. BUt it makes sense to me.

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   
we're not in the center, as I understand it, but more off to the side, but still in kind of a middle age section of the Universe...meaning yes, there are likely older civilizations out there. I disagree however, that they wouldn't want to visit us because we were too primitive... After all, does this keep us from wanting to research "primitive" tribes on our own planet? Quite the contrary...they'd likely find us interesting at least...

PS-This thread is probably more appropriate in the Aliens forum...
but as it's your first...I won't bust your chops, hehe....

[Edited on 11-2-2003 by Gazrok]

new topics

join