It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sign The Ticket or Get Tased

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/34e4a2cf68d5.jpg[/atsimg]

Ryan Majcher was not moving fast enough for Officer Jeandron. Majcher had been pulled over for speeding and was taking his time deciding to sign the ticket or not. After 5 minutes of waiting the Officer had enough.

The Officer pulls his taser and arrests the slow moving Majcher. All of this was caught on the officer’s dash camera. The Fort Worth Texas police department does not have a policy in place on when a officer may pull his taser without firing it.

www.wfaa.com...

wow, talk about strong arming someone. Can anyone say "duress"?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned if an officer pulls a taser out, he should be able to justify pulling a firearm out at the same time. Tasers are not as safe as most people believe, there have been numbers of deaths reported from the use of them. They should be classified as a firearm and if a taser is used or drawn on a suspect there should be adequate reason to believe their life is in danger. It should not be used as a form of intimidation ever.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
So if the cop didn't have a tazer he would've pulled his sidearm on the guy? Isn't that exactly what tazers are for, a non-lethal option to be used when you would normally use deadly force?
The policy of the department stinks to high heavens. I guess it'll get reviewed now.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'm surprised that nobody is concerned that he did nothing but take his time signing a ticket to deserve this. Whatever weapon used is immaterial.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Why don't they just issue us all lockable control collers with RFID chips and CCTV in them?

I know most of these stories are not as simple as they seem to be... But it's my goddamn human right to ponder a legal document - even if some jerkwad considers my actions to be somewhat jerkish.

Maybe he likes to get as many tickets in a possible per day (or before lunch) 5 mins he could of spotted another law transgressor in that time.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If, as they say, signing the ticket is NOT an admission of guilt; then why must the issue sign it? The ticket is still just as valid w/o the signature on it. Any law enforcement officers want to explain this...other than to say "because that is our policy"?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This is great! Now I know how to get my retirement paid for!

I will take my time reading every document out loud in front of the officer. This is surely my legal right, although I will alter my reading skills somewhat. I will ask a lot of questions about what it all means, still within my right. And eventually I will get tazed!

Then, I can sue the department, settle out of court, and retire early!!

Sorry about you guys' taxes. In light of everything another $1.00 a year won't hurt you guys that much. And it's for a great cause.....me!

J/K of course. I would probably find the nicest cop ever, he would read it too me, and give me legal advice to boot, and I would have to write a letter of accomodation for him!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Where I'm from, we don't have to sign any tickets.... they just give you the ticket, then leave. Most of the time, the cops don't even say what the ticket is for... I got one two years ago and paid a $50 ticket (I planned on fighting it, but missed the time frame) without knowing what it was for, because the cop's writing was so poor.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
I'm surprised that nobody is concerned that he did nothing but take his time signing a ticket to deserve this. Whatever weapon used is immaterial.

So true..many will scroll through the pages and spot 2 things..COPS&TASER...Something will click in their head and diluted typing will ensue..

I can say I have never felt threated by a officer of the law in my state..I geuss I'm either lucky or just look that good...LOLOLOL

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I haven't yet checked the link or read through the thread so sorry if it's been covered, but a quick question on the first thing that came to my mind for any LEO's here. Do LEO's have to wait for a signature on a ticket before you(LEO) can go?

It states right on the ticket:
(California Highway Patrol)
"WITHOUT ADMITTING GUILT, I PROMISE TO APPEAR AT THE TIME AND PLACE INDICATED BELOW.
X SIGNATURE_____________________."
(Yes I am looking at my ticket right now.
When: 10/15/08 Time: 8:00AM
What to do: Follow the instructions on the reverse. (Won't be printed here.)
Where: Superior Court
Address: 600 Administration Dr. Room 109J
Santa Rosa, CA 94503
Phone No. 707-555-2300). (Yeah, the number's fake, but I don't give out my number freely, why would I give out anyone else's?)
You promise to appear if you want to fight the ticket,
....OR....you can just pay the fine and be done with it.

After reading that, I guess yes they would have to wait for a signature for the "promise to appear", but the first words of that, "Without admitting guilt" make me wonder why anyone would not just sign it and be on thier way. Nobody likes being stopped by the police, so why would someone want to prolong the process??? Just sign the ticket and deal with it later.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Of course the cop got aggitated, can't exactly fill your daily quota if you gotta wait 20 minutes for some slowpoke dullard to actually read the document prior to signing it, can you? That would get the chief of police and maybe even the mayor upset because their budgets depend on a certain threshold of ticket money being routinely injected into the system. Last thing our friend Mr. Officer wants is a stern tongue-lashing from his superiors over taking too long to issue each ticket.

top topics

join