It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Boy Sells His Toys to Help Support Family

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Zach McGuire 11, has done his part to help others, now has to help himself. Zach sold Kool-Aid for hurricane Katrina victims, and then sold cocoa for the California wild fire victims. Now he is selling his own toys to help his family.

Zach’s father Tom is a licensed contractor in Ohio. He has not been able to find work since December. He says he wasn’t even paid for the last job he did. Tom is looking for work and not relying on money from the toy sell.

"Zach has a big, giving heart," McGuire said. "He came to me with this idea. He wants to contribute." I am very proud of him," His father told the source.

www.cnn.com...

A sad sign of the times.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The fact this is off of CNN makes me wonder what's up. First, I'm impressed with the little boy. It's a royal shame that he can't just enjoy being a kid and not have to worry about crap like this. I grew up lower middle class, not poor, but certainly my parents sacrificed a lot for me. I didn't know this at the time, because they sheilded me from all of that so I could just enjoy being a kid while I could. That said, I'm skeptical of CNN's motives for running this story. I kept expecting a line regarding Obama's call to service or something of that nature and was left feeling like the story is a propaganda tool just waiting to happen. I could even hear the narration "Little Johnny recognizes that his family, neighborhood, town, state, and most importantly his nation need his contribution to the effort. Look at the young man selling his beloved toys to raise money for the nationalization efforts here and abroad! President Obama salutes you, Little Johnny, if only everyone shared your sense of duty. Perhaps you, dear viewer, have some possessions of value which could be sold to help you do your part for America. Please make the choice to contribute today, posthaste. President Obama is counting on us all!"

*note: my cynicism was in no way directed at this little boy, Zach. It's just a sad commentary that, because this came from CNN, I automatically expected it to be a propaganda laced "human interest" article rather than a real reporting of the news.*

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Just like reinhardt has been harping on for months, your government wants every American to make a sacrifice and volunteer, volunteer, volunteer!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
This is all leading up to Obama's ''sacrifice'' speech next year.

Just like Nixon asking for courage and sacrifice as the troops were fighting in Viet Nam.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

This also happened during the Great Depression, ppl even sold their
used shoes, and whatever they could find.

www.depressionera.net...

www.depressionera.net...

On the lighter side... AIG = And It's Gone

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Well How about making a "real statement" and the father of the boy no only having the boy sell his toys and having CNN covering the news but also he should march into Washington with his son and stand in line in front of the Federal Reserve to ask for bail out.

I mean if every American that has lost their jobs just march into Washington and stand in line in front of the Federal Reserve with signs asking for a bail out that will create the biggest scandal this nation has ever faced.

Bailing out the banking institution while Americans are losing jobs and facing from bankruptcies to hunger is a way to show to the rest of the world how the great America is nothing but full of crap specially our politicians that have nothing to worry about as their benefits, retirement and jobs are very much safe.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I mean if every American that has lost their jobs just march into Washington and stand in line in front of the Federal Reserve with signs asking for a bail out that will create the biggest scandal this nation has ever faced.
[edit on 21-7-2009 by marg6043]

If every American that lost their job showed up there they would need
to bring their own food and water with them, because that is
26 million and the cities are geared up for just in time deliveries.

You'd be hard pressed to get 10% to show up, and if they are out of
work odds are they couldn't afford the trip.

I say 26 million because that is the U6 rate, not the TV quoted U3 rate.

Some even say the number is truly higher, more like 21% vs. 16.5%.

The jump from 21% to 25% is a short one and that puts us on target
for some parts of the depression, maybe not the very worst of it,
but close enough for it to suck big time.

Also with what most ppl in the US have become they will just sit
at home and complain and do little to change it.

You got to remember, these ppl voted these bunch of thieves in,
over the past many years.

The ppl at the top look at us as a nation of suckers, and from how
much they have stolen so far, I'd say they are right.

Glad I took mine out before it went poof.

The next round of poof is coming soon to a theatre near you.

When AIG came to the trough for their 3rd round of bonuses
and ppl did not even flinch, they realized apathy had set in
so they are going to go for another round of thieving here in
a few weeks with the bond market collapse, and a fairly long
banking shutdown as mentioned in mainstream news.

And again, the american ppl will whine and cry and do very little.

Only in the 11th hour when they realize the full plan and how evil
it is will the american ppl do something, and it will be too late,
and to be honest there is damn good odds it is too late now.

Good Luck to you all !

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

new topics

top topics

join