It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genesis’ Young Earth, Stars, Michael J. Fox and the DeLorean…“All Aboard!”

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

exactly - this is where environment comes into play. Perhaps what are now dogs realized living near humans resulted in more food - in the end they become somewhat tame to us and we give them food more often. This is an assumption ofcourse, but it is very easy to logically see how things come about.
Environment shaped what we see today.
Food shortages or food abundances, weather: temperature, precipitation, sun exposure; all play a part.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

I didn't mean you were crazy - I was referring to how nutters OldTimer is. haha

I simply just don't agree with most of your assumptions, as I explained in the u2u; different sides of the spectrum.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by makinho21

...nutters OldTimer ...

Sounds like a candy bar!

btw, makinho21....

Please articulate, WHY I'm crazy....balls in your lap young man

OT

PS: It OldThinker!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
You can speculate all you like about which theory is right. Is it evolution or creationism? To a certain degree, I would say both theories are right and that is because reality itself is probably nothing more than a computer simulation.

Everything that is and everything that will be, has already been calculated and predetermined by the software running on a very powerful computer. Some time in the near future we will have computers powerful enough to mimic and duplicate everything about our own reality and we'll no doubt create a simulation of it and populate it with evolving AI life forms who will someday ask the same questions we do. Who am I? where did I come from? who created me? and is there a God & an afterlife? Simulations within simulations is all we probably are.

A simplistic simulation of life - Spore

[edit on 29-7-2009 by kindred]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
You can speculate all you like about which theory is right. ...

Kindred, you are SOOOOO right, its speculation...

Thing that bothers me, is when one side or the other POSTS, like the other side are delusional....crazy...nutters, etc.

We should be beyond that right? There are great minds on both sides, to me at least...

OT

PS: Appreciate your input....

PSS: What did you think of the OP video on planet sizes, if you had a chance to see?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by Welfhard
reply to post by OldThinker

Your stupid, fallacious responses are angering me. Do you want to talk serious or do you want to be coy and further patronise me?

"biology guy"-that was a good one.
its all good!

Relax, there friend...

You're at least OT's equal, intellectally right? One can't patronise an equal, let alone a superior....so chill friend.

Now please go ahead and reply to the 4 or so posts to you that you are appearing to ignore....k?

It would be nice to see some/fair admission like this, " OT I don't agree with your premise, but the math uncertainty you presented makes me think." Something, I guess, gracious...would be balanced...because right now, you are leaning a tad "closed"

The patronising isn't appreciated. We're adults.

Secondly, I need not waste my time responding to testimony. For everyone you post, be it christian or critic of evolution, I can post one to counter it. It is not a productive excersize.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I'll take that as a concession....

Tell what in this life isn't a perspective from OTHERS...really? Where'd you "get" all that wisdom? It just 'evolved' in you...come on!

Two thumbs down my friend

OT

PS: Like I said before "doing it on your own" means an early grave friend....

PSS: You are avoiding what frustrates you...

btw, where the mutant stuff?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

You remind me of GW

OT

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I'll take that as a concession....

Oh well that is kind of you.
One day a creationist said to a scientist "you are wrong and I am right and we'll pee up a wall to decided it. If you refuse, I'll take it as a concession."
The scientist walked away knowing that peeing up a wall won't prove anything other than who can pee the hardest.

Instead of peeing up a wall, you are just asking me to collect atheistic or irreligious testimony. I refuse because it won't prove anything.

Tell what in this life isn't a perspective from OTHERS...really?

When theories can be tested repeatedly and give accurate and expectable results, it's hardly the "perspective from others", it's established science - such is evolution.

btw, where the mutant stuff?

Oh sorry, my bad. I forgot.

You remind me of GW

He's a personal friend of mine. Got me onto ATS.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Nutters OldTime - The brand new line of candy bar that boasts an impressive repertoire: delicious, mouth-watering 100% organic peanut butter and chocolate,
50% less fat and sugar, and only 100 calories!

One of many in the mold of modern organic products flooding the market today, where consumers are routinely mislead by the "100% organic" branding, and the deceptive language of advertisement.
On the surface it tastes good - and it even says it is a healthier way of snacking - but if you eat these treats every day, all the time, the very thing these claim to sustain - health - may end up damaged and shattered.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by makinho21]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Yes OldThinker, well said I totally agree. It must be an ego thing.
Like you said, there are great minds on either side, as well as those who are neutral and at the end of the day we share the same goal, which is the quest for the ultimate truth of who we are and where we came from. We'll get there a lot quicker, if we all work together collectively and stopped being so pig ignorant.

As for the planets
Impressive Video. From our perspective you can't help but be in awe. We truly appear to be insignificant when the size of the universe is taking into consideration, but then again, are we really that insignificant or is that just by design. Who knows.

How small we are

img19.imageshack.us...

[edit on 29-7-2009 by kindred]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I like you OldThinker. I just do not like the fact that the only source of information you use is the Bible.

I literally cry when I think of how limited of a life it must be to base every search for answers and every method of reasoning and discovering the beauty of this wondrous Universe on one single book that is determined to be the work of a Divine God because the book itself says so.

I cry because I know how it is to do that and I know why I myself used to do that.

I cry for you OldThinker. I cry for the idea of you never not using the Bible as your final judge of reason and final rule of determining what is and what isn't.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Alrighty, a short list of known beneficial mutations, here we go.

I have several lists for you, one on general beneficial mutations found in the lab, and another list for mutations in humans.

General
The nylon eating bacteria
Human mutations

Highlights:
- "Gbeta3-s appears to be associated with enhanced immune cell function in humans."

- "Patients with the QQ or H7H7 genotype had a decreased risk of myocardial infarction (odds ratios, 0.08 [95 percent confidence interval, 0.01 to 0.9] and 0.22 [95 percent confidence interval, 0.08 to 0.63], respectively)."

Are mutations harmful?

[edit on 29-7-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
I like you OldThinker. I just do not like the fact that the only source of information you use is the Bible.

I literally cry when I think of how limited of a life it must be to base every search for answers and every method of reasoning and discovering the beauty of this wondrous Universe on one single book that is determined to be the work of a Divine God because the book itself says so.

I cry because I know how it is to do that and I know why I myself used to do that.

I cry for you OldThinker. I cry for the idea of you never not using the Bible as your final judge of reason and final rule of determining what is and what isn't.

TB, I like you too!
You got me!

Loud and clear....

The LORD Jesus is my best friend, really...I have talked with him everyday, for nearly 40 yrs! And I did have a life before him...SO, my relationship is not a kid-taught thing, but rather a well-connected, successful guy, who "met his match" Kinda like, NASA's dude, Wernher von Braun (Pioneer rocket engineer), who said, "I find it as difficult to understand a scientist who does not acknowledge the presence of a superior rationality behind the existence of the universe as it is to comprehend a theologian who would deny the advances of science."

Its all about BALANCE....

If you knew what i do, who I'm involved with, you'd be shocked....

pls understand this is no kid on the other end, who is naive...who has settled for some KJV lifestyle....

I'm all about LOGIC, as Best Selling Author, Chronicles of Narnia, author, CS LEWIS has said...."I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: "I'm ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don't accept His claim to be God." That is the one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic -on a level with the man who says he is a poached egg- or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the son of God: or else a madman or something worse.

Then Lewis adds:

You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to."

With my savior, it is not open for neutrality, for "opinion"....

HE LEFT US NO OPTION!

I've made my choice...

= = = = =

And I'm willing to bet, TIME will concur...pls re-investigate friend....it ain't about the local PASTOR'S weirdness, its about a perfect one with perfect advice....who will STAND the test of TIME.

OT appreciates the post...well said, and HONEST! Thx!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

reply to post by makinho21

If our common ancestor was a monkey, then how did we not originate from a monkey? Was there a more human monkey and a less human monkey, but then that wouldn't really be sharing a common ancestor...would it?

We did not descend from a monkey, Nor did monkeys.

You and your cousin are descend from your grandfather in the same way that different species of ape descended from a common single ancestor species.

So to my understanding then, correct me if I'm wrong, our species sprang from rodents in the the 65 million year time span since the KT boundry?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

So to my understanding then, correct me if I'm wrong, our species sprang from rodents in the the 65 million year time span since the KT boundry?

"Sprang from" is a poor description. Our current species is the latest in a line of successive species from that proto-rodent.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Got many of them "VAR-ment in SD?"

I've been to N. Island more than a few....SOOOO jealous of the perfect SD weather....

I wonder was it so good there, a few million yrs ago?

OT

Man, I've got so much research to do, Welfhard just gave me a list....whew!

PS: Appreciate you, letthereaderunderstand, for continuing to ask the RIGHT questions!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by makinho21

Nutters OldTime - The brand new line of candy bar that boasts an impressive repertoire: delicious, mouth-watering 100% organic peanut butter and chocolate,
50% less fat and sugar, and only 100 calories!

Very funny, makinho21! Quite creative....good one

Did you forget LOW CARB...and.......... to ANSWER my earlier question? How's the ole guy Avoiding?

Nutter out!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Ok the process I understand. What I asked you was how did social structure and culture of the wild become so far separated between Homo sapian and Ape who were evolving side by side as to make a man a man and a monkey a monkey? The degree of separation is not a small one, how did the monkey not evolve to anywhere close to the human having millions of years of side by side evolution?

It just did. Dogs are descended from wolves, so you may as well ask me why they went on their particular paths. They just did - circumstance.

Other apes migrated away from the plains and the long grass to an environment more suited. We did not, we stayed and adapted and started on our journey to what we are today.

It just did, is not scientific nor an acceptable answer Welfhard, you know better then that.

For what you are talking about to occur effectively, abrupt displacement would need to occur for the ape cousin or homosapian to be almost completely cut off from one another, not a species meandering out of the forests or grassy plains per chance here per chance there while mutations are stacking up and slowly differentiating the two species.

I think there in lies the problem in how to puzzle it together. It is easy, as you are doing to speculate on what happened having no scale of reference and when I say reference, I mean understanding how much time would need to be had. It is not like a baby learning, for they have reference of the modern world around them and learn it as they grow.

This case differs much as there is no reference point, no prior knowledge, no time for the conditioning which leads to mans actions of that of an ape for we are profoundly different and as I said, not the same as is witnessed in the chromosomes alone.

Which species has ,on its own, under monitored conditions, evolved from one species to another that man has been able to document, thus proving it to be true? It would have to be more then one, or it is only random and not a pattern of change.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

It just did, is not scientific nor an acceptable answer Welfhard, you know better then that.

You're asking a question that is difficult to answer. "How" did it happen, as I explained - the population diverged as one migrated away, while the rest remained - seems an inadequate answer for you. You may as well ask "Why rain?"

.... You need to be clear.

For what you are talking about to occur effectively, abrupt displacement would need to occur for the ape cousin or homosapian to be almost completely cut off from one another

Genetic isolation is a complicated thing. Horses and donkeys can reproduce albeit with infertile offspring when they live side by side one an other and yet lions and tigers which live on separate continents can produce viable offspring that is fertile. Talk about a head scratcher - it's obviously more complicated than geographic isolation.

Which species has ,on its own, under monitored conditions, evolved from one species to another that man has been able to document, thus proving it to be true?

Why ask me? If you were actually interesting in knowing the answer to that, then you wouldn't ask me, you'd actually go and look it up. But since you insist I'll give the easy answer in the form of a question.

How many times in your life have you caught the common cold? If it weren't for speciation the answer to that questions would only be 1 time or less.

I expect that perfectly valid example will no suffice for you so I'll encourage you to look at this which I gave OT earlier.
www.nmsr.org...

I know of a species of mozzy that can only live in London's underground and is completely genetically incompatible with the aboveground species. That had to adapt from the aboveground species obviously but the fact that they are unable to breed defines a speciation event.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join