It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genesis’ Young Earth, Stars, Michael J. Fox and the DeLorean…“All Aboard!”

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Genesis’ Young Earth, Stars, Michael J. Fox and the DeLorean…“All Aboard!”

The Earth is only 6000 years old!

Thank you for coming by guys…after you read this, please take the 9 minutes and watch the youtube below….if you view it, you will never be the same…nor will you ever look at the universe the same…

Now, on to the thread…OT’s washed and waxed it, my DeLorean is ready and we are going … Back to the Beginning!

First, a few assumptions:

For one, I am a Christian, who believes the Bible, every word of it, because it is logical to me that an omniscient deity can preserve His message…

However concerning the earth’s age…..I really don’t know old it is…nor do you! So this thread is “opinion.”

Second I believe that the earth was created BEFORE ‘space’ (the openness and all that’s in it.)

Source: Genesis 1: Verse 1- In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. 3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

6 And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water." 7 So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the expanse "sky." And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day. 9 And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear." And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters he called "seas." And God saw that it was good.

11 Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth." And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.”

So let’s summarize…..

Before the Genesis Story - There was nothing in “time.” All things existed ONLY in “eternity.” Therefore there was no past, present or future.
Verse 1-5: Day 1-Time starts: The earth and the place it resides…what we call ‘space’…are made, although completely “empty.” Also, a pilot of “light” is made.
Verse 6-10: Day 2-The hydrologic cycle created around the earth’s atmosphere.
Verse 11-13: Day 3-More work on the earth only, vegetation, plants, etc. Note: still no sun, so those plants couldn’t have existed over a long time, so 24 hours, a day, makes sense.
Verse 14-19: Day 4-The sun and moon are made and set in motion. Does this also explain the making of other stars, plantes, universes, too?

Granted the sequence above presents more questions than answers…

Hypothetical Rationale:
Imagine with me we go back to the ‘beginning’ in the freshly-washed stainless steel car…we bring a doctor with us…he does not know where or when we are going. We have him examine a man and woman…on the DAY AFTER…they were created…

His assignment…to determine the AGE of the two. After a physical examination he determines 25 for the man and 22 for the woman, we ask him, “how did you come to this conclusion?” He explains through “visual observation and the development of their physical bodies.”

Now, we know that in reality they were 1 DAY old….yet all the visual evidence points to the fact that they were adults, appearing in their 20’s….granted this is hypothetical…but could the earth, the universe, etc…have been created the same way????????

WITH APPARENT AGE???

Want to be blown away? Check this out… man, those stars are huge!!!!!!
Link: www.youtube.com...

This would explain the travel time for the star’s light, etc…

1) Is OT stretching here with the apparent age theory?
2) Have you ever thought of this option?
3) Has the author of the scriptures made it confusing?
4) Was the universe created in 6 ‘real days’?
5) Does modern science got it backwards?
6) What did you think of the video?

Thank you all for reading and replying…

The OldThinker out…

PS: The size of those starts in absolutely nothing compared to the SPACE in between….and this all happened by accident? PLEASE!!!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
How did vegetation grow before there was a sun and a moon? Maybe Genesis wasnt meant to be taken literally.

If the Earth was created first we would probably be in the center of the universe or on the very outer edge. Also, the earth would be older than everything else in the universe.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Nice stars , pretty huge..

Do you mean there was a 'sphere' around the Earth before the Sun came to be like an Greenhouse type of work on the vegitasion ?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
And why is it illogical to wear clothes?!?!?! Everyone needs clothes.

O and the old testament god is really screwed up anyway. Anyone who thinks the old testament is anything valuable moraly, is corrupt.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Of yeah, I forgot…

Let this discussion be between those atheist scientists, who are smarter than all of us that I respect…and those old-time Christians, who have raised a few generations of successful kids, that all of society must honor…

We all can learn from one another, for sure…

OT

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather

Do you mean there was a 'sphere' around the Earth before the Sun came to be like an Greenhouse type of work on the vegitasion ?

CB, thank you for replying....

Whew....those stars are incredible!

Glad you viewed the vid I posted...

Helped me to understand the 'sphere' question you mentioned, ok?

OT curious...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
And why is it illogical to wear clothes?!?!?! Everyone needs clothes.

O and the old testament god is really screwed up anyway. Anyone who thinks the old testament is anything valuable moraly, is corrupt.

Wertdagf,

Hi friend...

Long time no see, why did you join OT's thread?

OT

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The bar is just so low. What was god doing saying go and kill these people because they have sinned agianst me!?!?!?! Now every loony can claim hes hearing the voice of god telling him to go kill somone.

The idea of hearing voices only REALLY became a problem when GOD made it ok for the voice to tell you to kill somone. Without GODS go ahead on murder by voices in your head.... we could have saved to many lives.

Hitler was following god... probobly hearing voices just like george bush.

It just doesnt make sense OT.... IT DOENT MAKE ANY SENSE!!! Genisis is fictonal... it never happened.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The bar is just so low. What was god doing saying go and kill these people because they have sinned agianst me!?!?!?!

OK, thank you for answering....

Is your response on target....?

On topic?????

Help the old guy out....

What are your linkages to the OP?

OT

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

OT genisis is written for preschoolers. It uses terms and describes events which would only arrise through a game of telephone. It would be huge waste of time to discuss the validity of genisis because its so easy to see how plainly stupid it is.

So moving beyond genisis what we then have is a collection of stories in the old testament. The old testament which contains genisis is just as pitifully written. From a moral standpoint Old testament is more like a list of excuses to get away with murder. God said kill them... god said distroy this... god said commit genocide. O BUT ITS NOT MURDER OR BAD IF GOD SAYS IT!!!

If the rest of the Old testament is moraly corrupt and incapable of standing up to simple common sense then what hope does you little dream of proving genisis have?

Theres no more point in discussing this than me trying to prove that the snufalufagus is a real animal because it exists on sesame street. You love the idea of snufalufagus SO MUCH that nothing i can say will matter to you.

Just remeber that when your god is seen to be imaginary and you feel alone. Know that i loved you.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
How did vegetation grow before there was a sun and a moon? Maybe Genesis wasnt meant to be taken literally.

grapesofraft,

Not sure....

If the vegetation was just "planted", you know, just seeds....on that day...????? Surely, another 24 hours wouldn't matter, right?

In fact, some germination might have been needed, huh???

OT

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

CB, thank you for replying....

Whew....those stars are incredible!

Glad you viewed the vid I posted...

Helped me to understand the 'sphere' question you mentioned, ok?

OT curious...

Np, I'm trying to get the secrets right.
The only solution I have on the 'sphere' around Earth, is that, in the beginning, there was and ice/water sphere around Earth, maybe earth was smaller too,dont know,but something happend that made it so the the sun 'appeared' or Earth 'moved' closer to the sun or the sun became warmer,resulting in the ice/water to melt and come down...

I was reading about the noctilucent clouds, and some thought it could be water vapour getting up high in the stratosphere and expand out in space, lets us ppeculate and say when it has expanded enugh,it starts too freeze, and there is the 'sphere'..

Ofcourse just speculations.. but no one seems to play with these ideas..

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

i must point to the Norwegian Doomsday Vault .
That vault is full of seeds, so that scenario seems to be working for the 'experts' on the matter..

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

i must point to the Norwegian Doomsday Vault .
That vault is full of seeds, so that scenario seems to be working for the 'experts' on the matter..

OK....that is new information to me...

I appreciate it...I'll do the research and look into...

Seeds, huh?

Interesting to say the least...

OT

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Just remember that when your god is seen to be imaginary and you feel alone. Know that i loved you.

Wertdagf, yes, good point....thank you for the support.

OT

PS: I'm not alone, nor 'feel' that way.....

Advice?

OT

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
As Canis Majoris is so huge, I wonder why it has not collapesed into a black hole, perhaps it is a young mostly gas star without the heavy core??

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

OT genisis is written for preschoolers.

I dunno?????

Have you seen the way the Jews have copied it? Pretty reliable, to me....

The Pentateuch records the creation of the earth, the flood, God’s covenant with the Patriarchs, the Exodus, the history of Israel, and the laws revealed to Moses. As a result, its authorship and historical reliability have been and will continue to be subjected to much scholarly attention.

Can we proof Moses wrote the Pentateuch? The author of the Pentateuch is not unambiguously identified. Tradition undisputedly has suggested Moses as the writer around 1400 BC. Obvious puzzling passages are found, such as in Genesis 12:6 “at the time the Canaanites were in the land” – how could Moses know? Or even more challenging, how could Moses record his own death in Deuteronomy 3:4-5? On the other hand, Moses is clearly the leading character from Exodus on.

In the early twentieth century scholars developed the Documentary Hypothesis.[12] This theory claims the Pentateuch was written by four different individuals, each from a different period of Israel’s history, long after Moses. The authors are identified by the different names used for God. This theory postulates the oldest document was produced in the ninth or tenth century BC and the latest one during the Babylonian exile as late as the fourth century BC.

A related extreme theory even suggests final authorship is to be assigned to Ezra in the middle of the fifth century BC. This theory claims that many accounts (such as that of the flood) were copied and edited from similar stories from the Babylonian history and culture.

But others have produced strong evidence for Moses as the author. As Gleason L Archer states:[13]

“When all the data of the Pentateuchal text have been carefully considered, and all the evidence, both internal and external, has been fairly weighed, the impression is all but irresistible that Mosaic authorship is the one theory which best accords with the surviving historical data. For the purposes of a convenient survey, and without elaborate demonstration or illustration at this point, we shall list the various areas of evidence which point to this conclusion.”

A summary of Archer’s evidences that proof that Moses wrote the Pentateuch includes:

The Pentateuch itself infers authorship by Moses (Exodus 7:14, Exodus 24:4, Exodus 34:27. Deuteronomy 31:9).
The unity of the first five books suggests a single author.
Tradition (including references in the New and Old Testament) uniquely identifies Moses as the author.
Moses is the main character.
The abundance of irrelevant details points to eyewitness testimony. A wealth of especially irrelevant detail in ancient writings and testimonies is generally accepted as strong evidence of honest and reliable eye-witness testimony.
The author is well acquainted with Egypt and the desert, but not with Palestine/Canaan.
Many 2nd millennium BC customs (like the blessings of the first born son) are correctly described.
A relatively large percentage of Egyptian words is used.
Moses had the qualifications (education, background, experience) to be the author.
Archaeological and historical discoveries[14] confirm details, such as the existence of the Hittites, Ur, Bethel, Shechem, Sodom and Gomorrah, the use of camels, price of a slave in the days of Joseph, Moses as an Egyptian name, etc.
The discovery of the Silver Scrolls in 1979, dated earlier than 586 BC (more about this archaeological discovery later[15]) and containing a text from the book of Numbers, strikes a major blow to the late date argument for the Pentateuch, as this particular section was supposed not to have been written before 500 BC.

link: www.windmillministries.org...

Are you ready to defend the rebuttal of Moses as a person? He was a fable?????

Wertdagf, I know Charlton Heston will be disappointed....

Nah, really, what is your beef???

OT

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
As Canis Majoris is so huge, I wonder why it has not collapesed into a black hole, perhaps it is a young mostly gas star without the heavy core??

Or....

it met its fate....????

Like most in the universe...even like you and me?

OT

Remember my last point....in the OP....space is SO much bigger (and maybe even capable) than any star WITHIN it....

I dunno pikestaff ?

So glad you joined....

Any responses to the OP questions.....?

Did you see video?????

OT

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

If the Earth was created first we would probably be in the center of the universe or on the very outer edge. Also, the earth would be older than everything else in the universe.

G, have you seen evidence out there to support....

-the sun came BEFORE vegetation?

-Genesis was an alegory? (sp?)

-the earth is NOT the center of the other solar systems?

-the stars are older than the earth?

OT wants to investigate my friend?

OT

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Np, I'm trying to get the secrets right.
The only solution I have on the 'sphere' around Earth, is that, in the beginning, there was and ice/water sphere around Earth

ChemBreather,

alright...what other secrets, can we apply here?

What have you been told/exposed to?

OT

u2u me if need be....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join