It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does the Moon Smell Like?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

What Does the Moon Smell Like?

news.aol.com

In 1969, the Apollo 11 mission met John F. Kennedy's 1962 challenge to put a man on the moon. July 20 marks 40 years since the historic lunar landing, when Neil Armstrong and Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin took the first moon walk as Michael Collins orbited overhead. Most people are familiar with Armstrong's "One small step for man," but here are 11 facts about the moon shot that might come as a surprise.
Plus: Follow the landing as it unfolded at WeChoosetheMoon.org.
Skip over this content
11 Things You May Not Know About Apollo 11NASA11 photos 1. The Moon Smells: Astronaut Neil Armstrong de
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Apparently the Moon "smells".

Armstrong said it was like wet ashes, while Aldrin said it was metallic.

I'm sure that someone will come along and say that the difference was due to a lack of coordination of their stories in the huge hoax and subsequent cover-up.

It's funny you know, but after seeing those footprints on the Moon, the ones photographed by the lunar orbiter, the deniers have been a lot less vocal, strange that.

news.aol.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
How did they smell it through the space suits?

I smell a rat

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It smells like cheese.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
While the photo caption doesn't make it clear, they weren't talking about the smell when they were out on the surface, but when they went back inside and took their helmets off. The smell came from the dust collected on their suits.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Junkheap]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I believe the moon smelled subtly of sulfur...like an old matchstick. The smell was noticed by Aldrin and Armstrong when they got back in the LM...moon dust! With over 800lb of moon dust in various institutions in the USA, the smell was verified on Earth too.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'll answer your question "What does the moon smell like?", with another question. 'What does a Hollywood movie set smell like?'

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

sigh. welcome to the truth moon hoaxers. do some real research.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Man...Cheese was already taken.

It's interesting, but understandable that they characterized the smells so differently.

The part that scared me a little bit was they smelled it when they got back in the ship and took off their helmets.

The idea of contaminating your ship with with particles from a foreign land is rather unheard of....at least today... ISN'T IT? I realize the ship was pretty small and all that, and they got quarantined when they came back...but still.

I'm glad they didn't bring the moon flu back with them.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Killah29
I'll answer your question "What does the moon smell like?", with another question. 'What does a Hollywood movie set smell like?'

Even presented with the FACTS, Im sure you will continue to be ignorant: Lunar Probe Delivers First Photographs of Old Apollo Landing Sites

Enjoy your enlightenment.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by MrSmith]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It smells a bit fishy to me..

top topics

join