It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google, Microsoft promise new age in cyber-security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
WOW!!! This GREAT NEWS!!! I can't wait! Now I can finally sleep at night, knowing that that the two most notoriously ANTI PRIVACY companies in the world will usher in a new era of protecting all of us idiots and in the process, destroying yet another market. I know that many believe the Anti Virus software vendors are as crooked as anyone else, perhaps even CREATING things to 'protect' us from so that we buy their product, but I don't see how eliminating competition is going to help anything.

homelandsecuritynewswire.com

Security-conscious consumers are in the habit of regularly updating their antivirus software; this will soon be unnecessary -- this, at least, is the promise of both Microsoft and Google; the two companies' new operating systems will include built-in, continuously updated defenses against viruses and malware

Paul Marks writes, however, that the practice of spending money on software to prevent that happening may soon be obsolete as a carefree antivirus age beckons. This, at least is what Google and Microsoft would have you believe. Last week, Google announced plans to launch a computer operating system in mid-2010 based on its Chrome web browser, directly challenging Microsoft's hold on the market. Google Chrome OS is intended for people "who live on the web" and who are happy to run remote software located on servers in Google's Internet data centers -- or "in the cloud" as it is known -- rather than have all the software downloaded onto their computer. It will be based on a version of the free, open-source Linux operating system.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'm already enjoying cyber security in linux.

I don't understand why everyone hates google. Its hands down the best search engine.

I understand why people hate Microsoft.

join