It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israels 'Iron Dome' Missile Defense is Working

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This worries me just a little. Now that they have an effective missile defense in place, will this be the 'green light' they seem to have been waiting for?

Iron Dome Works

July 20, 2009: Israel had the first successful test of its Iron Dome anti-rocket system on July 15th. The system detected and shot down several BM-21 rockets. The Israelis expect to have the system in action, along the Gaza border, later this year.

ron Dome uses two radars to quickly calculate the trajectory of the incoming rocket (Palestinian Kassams from Gaza, or Russian and Iranian designs favored by Hezbollah in Lebanon) and do nothing if the rocket trajectory indicates it is going to land in an uninhabited area. But if the computers predict a rocket coming down in an inhabited area, a $40,000 guided missile is fired to intercept the rocket

Meanwhile, up north in Lebanon, Hezbollah have stockpiled over 40,000 factory made rockets, mainly BM-21s brought in from Iran via Syria. This is three times as many rockets as they had in the Summer of 2006, when over 4,000 rockets were fired into northern Israel, killing about fifty people, most of them civilians.

The article is pretty clear about Iran being involved in the supply of many, many rockets to Hezbollah...and also talks about how ineffective those rockets have been. I suppose a large question I have, is if rockets have only killed 37 Israelis in EIGHT YEARS, why the extensive missile defense system? Are they expecting something?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen

The article is pretty clear about Iran being involved in the supply of many, many rockets to Hezbollah...and also talks about how ineffective those rockets have been. I suppose a large question I have, is if rockets have only killed 37 Israelis in EIGHT YEARS, why the extensive missile defense system? Are they expecting something?

If you were given free money and weapons by the US, wouldn't you take it also? It's all part of a wider, global war on anyone that disagrees with the Zionist (christian and jew) hegemony, the two biggest being Russia and China. We saw a little bit of it in the recent Georgian war, initiated by Mossad-CIA, but they failed miserably in a conventional war against the Russians. Both Russia and China will use the power of the State to crush any kind of psy-op on the public similar to what's being done in Iran. So having failed in mass control, unable to win at conventional war, that leaves total nuclear war at some point. If that's the case, you'll want to create a missile defense shield to defend against any retribution. Meanwhile, you make peace overtures and treaties to decrease the number of missiles each side has, thereby making the missile defense system more effective (less missiles in existence to overwhelm the defense system).

[edit on 20-7-2009 by American_Soviets]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It seems things are totally moving at an faster pace all together..

Maybe that must hurry since Jane burgermeister have draged W.h.o. and U.N. to court, and they must do their work before this hits the courts ??

Econmy , Nukes in the midle east, all old news, been available on the Camelot page for 15 months atleast..

(need a new keyboard
)

[edit on 20/7/2009 by ChemBreather]

join